Author Topic: NBA looking wide open right now...  (Read 2913 times)

Re: NBA looking wide open right now...
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 11:47:16 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
As long as Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, and Kevin Durant are all healthy and coached by Steve Kerr, the Warriors will 99% be in the Finals.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 12:15:25 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
More like 99% to win the finals. The cavs are even worse off matching up against them this year (as are we even if we had Hayward)

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 01:02:49 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
More like 99% to win the finals. The cavs are even worse off matching up against them this year (as are we even if we had Hayward)

Even without the Hayward, I think the Celtics have a better chance of beating the Warriors than the Cavs.

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 07:36:20 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
As long as Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, and Kevin Durant are all healthy and coached by Steve Kerr, the Warriors will 99% be in the Finals.

I think Luke Walton kinda proved Kerr is a bit over rated. He also lost them the finals a couple years ago by pushing them into winning the last few games of the season for a record, and not for playoff spots.

OKC and Huston go much better and Mini,Memp, and Portland could all be teams that give them issues during the season. It's early but I think more teams are ready for them this year and done with bowing to their superteam, and they are going to at least make it very tough for them this season.

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 08:27:37 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I think Luke Walton kinda proved Kerr is a bit over rated. He also lost them the finals a couple years ago by pushing them into winning the last few games of the season for a record, and not for playoff spots.

OKC and Huston go much better and Mini,Memp, and Portland could all be teams that give them issues during the season. It's early but I think more teams are ready for them this year and done with bowing to their superteam, and they are going to at least make it very tough for them this season.

Let's reemphasize what SparWiz said.

The Warriors will 99% be in the finals if they are healthy. It's still their league and everyone else is just playing in it.

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 08:39:56 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

Let's reemphasize what SparWiz said.

The Warriors will 99% be in the finals if they are healthy. It's still their league and everyone else is just playing in it.
I wouldn't put it that high if all of their competition is also healthy.  The West will provide at least 2 very tough match-ups for every team including the Warriors.  Houston, San Antonio, Oklahoma City and maybe even Minnesota or Denver (especially if they acquire Bledsoe) could all push the Warriors and possibly even win a series against them.  If they are pushed in the West and the Cavs cruise through the East, I think the Cavs could also push them and possibly win (especially if Thomas looks fairly similar to last year once he comes back).  That doesn't mean those are likely outcomes or that the Warriors aren't heavy favorites, but the odds are much better this year than last year that they lose a series in the playoffs. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 09:12:38 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Even without the Hayward, I think the Celtics have a better chance of beating the Warriors than the Cavs.

I think Cavs have made some terrible moves, rely on aincient players and have no defense, but can not agree that statement if they have Lebron, Love, Thompson and Crowder and we don't have Hayward. (Cavs would get smoked worse than the 5 gamer last year though)