Author Topic: Thoughts on Kyrie tonight???  (Read 5613 times)

Thoughts on Kyrie tonight???
« on: October 20, 2017, 09:28:55 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Curious to hear everyone's thoughts about Kyrie's performance tonight.  Overall I am encouraged by the fact that he kept his head in the game and played within the system.  We might not see a more ugly 3 quarters of basketball than we saw tonight.  Solid team win.

Re: Thoughts on Kyrie tonight???
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 09:36:24 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
He played well enough. He tried to motivate the troops, especially after a few free throws early in the 4th.

I think Kyrie and Baynes (and Morris whenever he joins them) will be a decent pick-and-roll combo. If only the Baynes could stay on the floor.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 09:36:26 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
He have a quiet game until the 4th even with his 21 pts. But i'll take it. Hopefully, he'll learn to run pick and rolls like Larkin more effectively.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 09:37:11 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
His first possession when he got subbed back in the 4th he took a contested 3 that missed. I believe after that he learned his lesson and stopped forcing the issue. He took open comfortable mid range shots after that.

When he looks to score, he over dribbles, the offense stagnates, the defense focuses and he either puts up a wild shot, or starts scrambling. I think he looks to be a play maker, he'll find easier opportunities to score.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 09:38:35 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Larkin, Bird Rozier, Horford...rotation really lit the fire. Then Irving came in and didn't miss a step. A point also is Philly just choked when Irving started to take over the game in the last 4:09.

First three quarters were unwatchable. Rozier, all in all has played better than any of his team mates in the first three games.

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 09:39:54 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Kyrie should have had more assists, if guys hit shots.  The game was sloppy at times but overall I was happy with him.  He did really well basically sealing it for them and that's really why you have him.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 09:41:02 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Same Kyrie he has always been.  If he doesn't improve...

Can we start to put the "superstar" Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. to rest?  No superstar has ever been outplayed by Terry Rozier.   
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 09:41:12 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
He’s pretty good. I do not enjoy watching him play, though.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 09:47:59 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Can we start to put the "superstar" **** to rest?  No superstar has ever been outplayed by Terry Rozier.

That's a bit harsh after three games on a team this young without Gordon Hayward.  A good chunk of our offensive sets got disrupted when Gordon went down.

If Kyrie wanted to go out and score a lot more he could definitely do it.  He is trying extremely hard to execute a difficult offense with a bunch of inexperienced players around him.  I have no doubts that his game is going to reach another level as he becomes more experienced with CBS's system.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 09:49:44 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
He is a slow decision maker and he does not move without the ball. Harden is a ponderous player too, but he has the vision to warrant all his prodding. Irving needs to either shoot, drive, or keep the ball moving. Also, his defense is bad - as expected.

Obviously he's a ridiculously talented shot maker, but the Celtics are going to need more than that.

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 09:53:37 PM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Thoughts? Kind of meh to be honest. 21 & 4 is nothing close to the "superstar" and "potential MVP candidate" people were attempting to make him into before the season.

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 10:02:49 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
He doesn't seem to mind playing off the ball at all.

One play in the 4th, he had the ball in the backcourt, Larkin started walking up next to him, Kyrie threw the ball to Larkin to bring it up, and Larkin was not at all expecting it.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 10:04:28 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
He's learning how to adapt an offense that is new to him that was supposed to work with Hayward.  The rest of the team is heavily involved with him as PG and he's scoring 20 ppg - plus he has tons of room to improve.  I'm confident he'll be in full swing by the All-Star break.

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 10:05:45 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980

Can we start to put the "superstar" **** to rest?  No superstar has ever been outplayed by Terry Rozier.

That's a bit harsh after three games on a team this young without Gordon Hayward.  A good chunk of our offensive sets got disrupted when Gordon went down.

If Kyrie wanted to go out and score a lot more he could definitely do it.  He is trying extremely hard to execute a difficult offense with a bunch of inexperienced players around him.  I have no doubts that his game is going to reach another level as he becomes more experienced with CBS's system.

Well said.  Kyrie played within himself and didn't force anything in the 3rd quarter even when we were struggling.  There were a few stagnant 4th quarter possessions but eh it happens. 

You can tell he's still trying to find his groove with his new team.  I thought he played well overall.  He made some really good passes (the bullet pass to Bird which led to a shooting foul comes to mind, that and the extra pass to Larkin for the open 3).

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 10:40:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Well said.  Kyrie played within himself and didn't force anything in the 3rd quarter even when we were struggling.  There were a few stagnant 4th quarter possessions but eh it happens. 

You can tell he's still trying to find his groove with his new team.  I thought he played well overall.  He made some really good passes (the bullet pass to Bird which led to a shooting foul comes to mind, that and the extra pass to Larkin for the open 3).

Very well said, guys.  So he is a superstar?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC