Author Topic: Celtics apply for Disabled Player exception  (Read 2676 times)

Celtics apply for Disabled Player exception
« on: October 20, 2017, 08:13:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://t.co/oBZh9WdMq5

"If the Celtics receive and use the exception, it does not mean Hayward is ineligible to return this season. If the league deems his injury is worthy of the exception, he is eligible to return when healthy."

we can technically bring hayward back in april and still have our new player with the exception.

whos available that we can use the exception with? i know gerald green is but im not sure the team wants him back considering hes still available.

Re: Celtics apply for Disabled Player exception
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 08:18:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Best use of the exception would be to use it like a trade exception to make a move for a big man.  We need somebody with NBA experience to fill the minutes that are currently going to Yabu / Semi / Theis / Nader.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 08:20:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Best use of the exception would be to use it like a trade exception to make a move for a big man.  We need somebody with NBA experience to fill the minutes that are currently going to Yabu / Semi / Theis / Nader.
wonder if we can somehow pry noel.... or jabari parker. i mean the bucks dont need parker and parker comes back in feb. if they have no intention of extending him, might as well get something instead of letting him walk.  im sure they can get a lot more than what we offer though.

i cant think of any realistic options

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 08:24:29 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Would seem to indicate that they think there's a pretty good chance Hayward is out for the year. Not really surprising tho. I'd wait to use to see what develops on the trade market, or until after buyouts. Would love to see if we could pry noel away from Dallas, but seems unlikely.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 08:46:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Would seem to indicate that they think there's a pretty good chance Hayward is out for the year. Not really surprising tho. I'd wait to use to see what develops on the trade market, or until after buyouts. Would love to see if we could pry noel away from Dallas, but seems unlikely.

Yes, it does.  It would seem unlikely that league doctors would deem it probable that’d he’d be out 8 months (the requirement for the exception) and that he’d wind up returning in 5 or 6 months.

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 09:01:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Yes, it does.  It would seem unlikely that league doctors would deem it probable that’d he’d be out 8 months (the requirement for the exception) and that he’d wind up returning in 5 or 6 months.
your 2nd sentence  and the "yes it does" statement contradict each other. I agree with 2nd statement. I disagree with Hayward being out all year as will league doctors

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 09:11:05 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'm guessing Danny is looking to use the exception on an expiring contract during the trade deadline if it looks like we need the help.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Call me crazy but I would like to give josh smith a chance!
He's a bad shooter I know.. But I think coach stevens could get the best out of him!! He's his kind of player: good passer, defends multiple positions and rebounds.

Plus, he has a good chemistry with al horford! The hawks always had outstanding defensive numbers with those two as their starting frontcourt!  :o
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 09:41:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
He's a bad shooter I know.. But I think coach stevens could get the best out of him!! He's his kind of player: good passer, defends multiple positions and rebounds.

Plus, he has a good chemistry with al horford! The hawks always had outstanding defensive numbers with those two as their starting frontcourt!  :o

I would do this too but maybe Horford has not recommended high to Danny....

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 09:44:52 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Crazy.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 09:51:44 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Crazy.

As crazy as it is I'm not sure its a terrible idea. Smith in a system like this could thrive next to Horford as long as he keeps his shot selection in check.

Id rather us nab a more versatile wing though. at this point Smith is more of an NBA four. I'd be worried about his age and declining athleticism keeping up with NBA 3's.

I'd like a swing 2/3 with some length and experience that can play some non-undersized guard play when needed.

Kyire/Rozier
Brown/Smart
Tatum/Missing piece this year
Morris/Theis
Horford/Baynes

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 10:16:43 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Tyson Chandler alert!
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 10:17:41 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
i hope they let this happen. this team is crazy thin..

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 10:18:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Chris Bosh, let's do it!

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 10:19:40 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Josh Smith is cooked.