Author Topic: i am applauding the Celtics for last two  (Read 1798 times)

i am applauding the Celtics for last two
« on: October 20, 2017, 06:16:16 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
A back to back, the first for Tatum and the team as a whole after a tough loss.To be without Marcus Morris and to lose Hayward in that way and to come back after a 17 point deficit showed character.
.Any criticism of being cohesive should be harnessed while giving the celts some practice time.Tatum and Brown did exceptionally well and with big minutes both nights.
The insertion of Nader, so early just emphasized the disarray the rotation was in .The Bucks are a difficult match up and Irving have rough games was a reflection of that length and timing of units.
Now its another very tall point forward but nowhere near a Greek freak. Tatum and Jaylen are not matched up by wizened vets. Embid is not yet on a Lebron level and may not play as many minutes as he did in last game.
Kyrie ,Smart and Brad have got some time to regroup. I think Kyrie visualized and comprehended the severity of the loss of Hayward.Also Irving had the most invested in Hayward and the team as constructed going forward.The destruction of that so so sudden,dramatic and impactful-i,m surprised they didn't get blown out
Its time to beat those you can beat and both the last two games were very winnable and the losses can be rationalized but NOT PHILLY.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:23:13 AM by rollie mass »

Re: i am applauding the Celtics for last two
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 07:03:59 AM »

Offline jackpercussion

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
If the Celtics lose to Philly tonight than we will see the beginning of potential frustration from both fans and players. 

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 08:02:36 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Simmons doesn't intimidate me.  Embiid is a beast but like you say, he won't play 27 minutes again, that's the upper end of the minutes restriction "range" as Brett Brown calls it.

Must win game.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 08:14:11 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Simmons doesn't intimidate me.  Embiid is a beast but like you say, he won't play 27 minutes again, that's the upper end of the minutes restriction "range" as Brett Brown calls it.

Must win game.
If its a close game, I'd certainly expect Embiid to play that much especially since it is the Sixers 1st home game.     

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 09:18:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Imagine if kyrie was not traded for,imagine if we picked Fultz not Tatum.Due to the suddenness  and severity our rookies and Jaylen stepped up that included even Nader.Its also on the fans to step up and wait while the team regroups and gets Marcus Morris back -he is a very important piece at this point
Baynes will have to stop Okafor and somebody has got to put pressure on Embid at both ends to force his minutes to be shortened.
Jaylen/Marcus have got to keep Simmons from getting free in transition and out of the paint.Somebody is going to have to do a BEVERLY on Fultz.
And Kyrie should be let loose at offensive end-with everybody else keeping an eye on Simmons and the transition game.
Use a lot of fouls on Fultz and Simmons with Semi /jaylen on Simmons using their lateral and strength to keep him outside. Semmi foul all you want but disrupt the flow
Philly is off a tough game and loss vs Washington and we have Brad to exploit the weaknesses
of Simmons and Fultz.
Its time for Kyrie to to do HIS stuff
.For Rozier,Marcus ,Jaylen and Semi to pick up the defensive i intensity and get gritty with Philly's rookies.

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 09:26:10 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Amen. Should be no criticism of this team given all that's been thrown at them in the span of 48 hours.  You're delusional to be anything but appreciative and patient with this team two freakin games in.

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 03:44:34 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
In all of the before Season Interviews all of them alluded to the fact that it would take time to Jell.. and that was before Hayward went down.. Give these guys a chance - the fight is there, they are still a handful and the Talent is definitely there. They just need time.  I think at the end of the year this team will have done what we have done every year since CBS has been here.. Overacheive..

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 03:57:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I was immensely proud of the way the Celtics played against Cleveland and the way they made it a close game throughout the Milwaukee game. They had every right to be blown out by both teams given the Hayward injury, the quality of opponents' superstar players, they were playing back to back and away and home, that Milwaukee was in Boston a full day before the Celtics, that Irving had an awful game, and that the team was having trouble running their own plays due to unfamiliarity of players with players and players with the playbook.

i am applauding THESE Celtics!
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 06:19:40 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
Every team, every year, deals with adversity. Boston's getting it early this time around.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Don't be an entitled fan.

The Celtics have terrific talent, and now more will be put on young players and especially on rookies.  There is an opportunity for rapid development of the young wings that wasn't there before, especially for Tatum, Ojeleye, and Nader; and Jaylen will have more responsibility to create offense.

I'm looking forward to this.  I love these players.  Next man up, right?

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 06:31:23 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
As much talk as their was preseason about how this team is going to need time to jell, for them to lose one of their 3 offensive centerpieces like they did exacerbates that issue by multitudes. I'm willing to give them some time.

That said, I feel good about tonight's game.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 07:09:26 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I generally can't stand this guy's "ra-ra" threads, but as bad as this team has looked during stretches of the 1st 2 games - they've been "in" both games.

even if the chemistry takes 3/4's of the season i'm actually ok if they only win 40 games this yr., given the circumstances.

with that said, if Hayward's loss is still effecting their(the players) emotional state of mind they may as well close up shop now and shut kyrie, smart and horford down now and call it a season. plain and simple - they need to move on, the season's not lost. 

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 07:43:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
im not expecting much without Hayward .  Stevens teams are teams ,  each piece is so important .  Celtis operate like a Three legged animal when mising the most important coggs .  Simular to Bucks without middleton .  Celtics need shooters , people to put the ball in the hole .

Im no tanker , but im not optimistic either .   this team is deep past the three best players , but falls off too much when one of those are missing .  This might change as Tatum or Brown improves .  For now it may be ugly. till Hayward returns.

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 08:25:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Iam not

Win...win

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 06:33:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think with time we will cut down on the turnovers.  They have been horrible thus far.  This will improve with practice time.

But 15.3 TOs per game is a lot.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/turnovers-per-game