Author Topic: Anyone interested in tanking this year  (Read 8399 times)

Re: Anyone interested in tanking this year
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2017, 03:04:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
To answer the OP's question, I am not interested in tanking this year and I will hazard a guess that neither are Brad Stevens, Danny Ainge, and all the players on the Boston Celtics.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:42:48 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2017, 03:37:50 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
About as interested as I am in nuclear war!! ::)

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2017, 03:45:51 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If Boston loses Irving after already losing Hayward, what exactly do you think Boston is going to be winning?

Keep trying.  This may be acceptable in the CAVs forums which I wager you haunt, but not in Boston!  Seasons are about winning.

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2017, 04:24:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If Boston loses Irving after already losing Hayward, what exactly do you think Boston is going to be winning?

Keep trying.  This may be acceptable in the CAVs forums which I wager you haunt, but not in Boston!  Seasons are about winning.
And that doesn't answer the question. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2017, 04:43:17 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
First off, there's no way we could make ourselves bad enough to compete with all the terrible teams in the league this year. And secondly we need to try to be as competitive as possible to keep the Anthony Davis possibility. He's not gonna want to play for a lottery team, and he's not gonna get traded anywhere he makes clear he doesn't want to be. Thirdly, that's what we have the Lakers pick for. Lastly, I really don't want to watch a awful team this year. So no.

Honestly,  enough of the Anthony Davis talk. Respect the players on the roster. We do not need Anthony Davis to win. He has not even made the playoffs in all his years in the league.

TP. Spot on.

I will start coveting players like Davis, Cousins, Embiid, Towns, etc when they prove that they can win in the playoffs. I'm talking 2nd/3rd round wins.

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2017, 04:51:40 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
First off, there's no way we could make ourselves bad enough to compete with all the terrible teams in the league this year. And secondly we need to try to be as competitive as possible to keep the Anthony Davis possibility. He's not gonna want to play for a lottery team, and he's not gonna get traded anywhere he makes clear he doesn't want to be. Thirdly, that's what we have the Lakers pick for. Lastly, I really don't want to watch a awful team this year. So no.

Honestly,  enough of the Anthony Davis talk. Respect the players on the roster. We do not need Anthony Davis to win. He has not even made the playoffs in all his years in the league.

TP. Spot on.

I will start coveting players like Davis, Cousins, Embiid, Towns, etc when they prove that they can win in the playoffs. I'm talking 2nd/3rd round wins.

I respect the player son the roster enough to think that tanking this year is impossible/ a bad idea. As for Anthony Davis he's a factor whether we want to discuss him or not. He's the one top 5-10 nab player who may soon be availble and get us to the warriors level, theres been numerous reports and conjecture that he's the celtcis target, and you can bet Dany Ainge considers how his actions impact the celtics ability to get him.

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2017, 04:53:36 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

TP. Spot on.

If players such as Davis can hardly be within reach when their teams are bad, you won't be able to covet them if they win in the playoffs.

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2017, 04:54:22 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
No thanks.

This team already bottomed out.  Absolutely no interest going there again.
A one year tank when your two best players are injured is no where near the same thing as bottoming out.

Let me get this straight..... you're already thinking about another season-ending injury to either Kyrie or Horford?

Yikes.

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2017, 05:11:13 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
No thanks.

This team already bottomed out.  Absolutely no interest going there again.
A one year tank when your two best players are injured is no where near the same thing as bottoming out.

Let me get this straight..... you're already thinking about another season-ending injury to either Kyrie or Horford?

Yikes.

This. Times 100.

Seriously.

Not at all interested in tanking this year, or any year.
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2017, 06:09:42 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111

Just need to land one of Bagley, Ayton, Or Bamba, than one of Porter, Doncic, Jarrett Jackson If we can add two of those guys to Jaylen Brown and Tatum that would be awesome.

The grass is always greener, isn't it, on the other side of the hill? On the other hand, having just watched the Lakers' and Lonzo Ball's debut, it looks to me as though a 2-5 pick next summer is a real possibility.

But the Celtics tanking? Won't happen. No point in entertaining it.

Horford and Hayward just trade them for Boogie and Davis LoL

The Boogie ship has sailed.  Given what it took New Orleans to get him, surely it is safe to say that Danny Ainge could have made that one happen if he'd wanted him. DeMarcus Cousins is poison and will never be a Celtic.

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2017, 06:10:47 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I'm a little confused by the premise. If Kyrie were to go down for the season, what would "tanking" mean, exactly?

Would it mean instructing players on the floor to not play to win? The answer to that is always no.

Would it mean instructing Brad Steven to not coach to win? I don't think Stevens has any interest in that and I wouldn't trust a coach that did.

Would it mean trading our valuable vets to get young players and assets? If Kyrie goes down, then the whole team is going to be made up of young players and Al Horford.

So is the question, "If Kyrie goes down, should be trade Al Horford?" I say no.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2017, 06:15:20 PM »

Offline Miranda-Kerr

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
  • MEAN GREEN MONSTAR TEAM
If you don't play to win a championship why play at all

Disgusting that you even mentioned tanking,  go to the 76ers forums and gloss over the process  8)

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2017, 06:25:50 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
If the basketball gods take Kyrie away from us this year due to some unfortunate injury, we wont need to tank. We will be God awful. Horford and two players under 21 are not gonna win us many games- lets be real here.

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2017, 06:29:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
ven if we loose tonight im not tanking......i doubt CBS understands the term.

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2017, 11:05:36 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

If Irving went down with an injury for multiple weeks, I would tell him to sit and play video games with Hayward. Develop Rozier, Smart, Jaylen, Tatum. And raise the trade values of Nader, Semi, Yabu.

Just need to land one of Bagley, Ayton, Or Bamba, than one of Porter, Doncic, Jarrett Jackson If we can add two of those guys to Jaylen Brown and Tatum that would be awesome.

Bamba
 Porter JR
 Tatum
 Brown
 Irving

Horford and Hayward just trade them for Boogie and Davis LoL

no, please stop with the sillyness.
LET'S GO CELTICS!