Author Topic: Multiple factors led to Cavs not airing tribute video to Kyrie in season opener  (Read 1175 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 02:34:12 AM by CelticsElite »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Two words. Sour grapes.

I honestly don't remember- did the Celtics give Ray Ray a tribute video? Did the Red Sox give Johnny Damon one?

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Two words. Sour grapes.

I honestly don't remember- did the Celtics give Ray Ray a tribute video? Did the Red Sox give Johnny Damon one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVZRQsELo-I

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Two words. Sour grapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVZRQsELo-I

I guess they could have given one to Kyrie. Watching that video, my big takeaway was "how spoiled are these fans to boo Ray". He helped them win a championship for the first time in a long time. So what if he went to Miami? He still got them to the top of the mountain. As far as I was concerned, Ray didn't owe Boston anything.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Who cares what happens at the Mistake on the Lake, I mean CLE save Moranis?

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I thought it was ridiculous that they were even considering giving Kyrie a tribute. No way in hell would I support giving a tribute to a guy who forced his way out of his team and his contract. Out of a possible title winning situation. Screwing the Cavs over.

And to do this only a few months after it happened? Uhh, yuck. Maybe after 10 years or something. Sure. Let it go then and celebrate the good times shared. But only a few months? Jeez ... no way in hell. Far too soon for a player who behaved terribly.