Poll

Who has a better chance of being a #1 scorer?

Jaylen
10 (20.4%)
Tatum
39 (79.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Who has better potential as a go to scorer, Jaylen or Tatum?  (Read 4511 times)

Re: Who has better potential as a go to scorer, Jaylen or Tatum?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2017, 10:23:28 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I would have agreed with the Tatum fanboys 4 days ago, but the way that Jaylen has been taking it strong to the basket, over and over and over again, tough layups, drawing fouls; now I'm not so sure.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2017, 10:50:44 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I would have agreed with the Tatum fanboys 4 days ago, but the way that Jaylen has been taking it strong to the basket, over and over and over again, tough layups, drawing fouls; now I'm not so sure.

Me, too.

There is no doubt that Tatum has the whole offensive package, but Brown actually has proven he can score against the best this league has to offer, and on his terms.

I agree with nick with the Butler/George comparison and think that Tatum will be a sight to behold in this league, but I also think that people are underrating just how elite Brown's current scoring abilities are already.

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 11:18:02 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
Jaylen has been great going to the hoop, but I still think Tatum has the better offensive potential.

You're asking about three different things. "A go-to scorer" (thread title); "A #1 Scorer" (Poll); and "offensive potential" (your lead post) - different things, and in fact I'd have a different answer for each.

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2017, 11:21:50 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
tatum potentially has the whole package

jaylen has been awesome to watch but i think will be limited to dunks/drives and 3's overall, not really creating his own shot down the stretch like a go to scorer would.

If you have the first step Jaylen does and can get by just about any defender then driving and three is really all you need. I mean getting the ball at the three point lien and driving into the paint for a and-1 is a kind of shot creation. On the other hand I like Tatum's high release and smoothness. the correct answer is both, but they both also have a lot to prove.