Author Topic: My Thoughts on the Celtics First Two Games  (Read 2601 times)

Re: My Thoughts on the Celtics First Two Games
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 02:53:55 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I’ll keep it simple.  We really need Morris to be that reliable 15 PPG player with solid D.  I’m excited for the young players especially Brown and Tatum but it will lessen the burden on them if Morris is that player.  Morris had some huge games last season including 2 games with almost 40 points.  Maybe he has even more in him for us.

If he does that we can live with the inconsistancies that comes with young players.  Also I think there are still some decent FAs out there for our 15th spot.  I know Green has already been mentioned, but there others as well like Monta Ellis.

Morris will be a good stop-gap for us. He has a little shot-creation ability for himself, but not so much for others. He can let Brown and Tatum take breaks from defending the best wings in the NBA.

We'll see. If he is willing to play within the system, he can be a help. If he's not, he will be a numbers guy that doesn't actually help us win. In that case, it'd be better if he only got 10-15 minutes a game so our young guys can learn to play the right way.

Re: My Thoughts on the Celtics First Two Games
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 03:03:58 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
My take, we held strong given we have a nearly whole new team full of rookies and rookie contracts, what happened to Hayward, and B2B first games of the season playing 2 top Eastern teams. I think it shows that we still can win games when we have a chance to gel and find out works for us. I think people are going to be surprised when we figure things out (and get Morris out there).

I think CBS is really great at what he does, I know he is going to get things straightened but the team needs a little time.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)