Author Topic: Jeff Goodman: Hayward Could return this Season, Should Eventually be 100%  (Read 3512 times)

Re: Jeff Goodman: Hayward Could return this Season, Should Eventually be 100%
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 11:09:56 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Agreed koz. Nor should the C's want him to, we have him for another two years at least.

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Agreed koz. Nor should the C's want him to, we have him for another two years at least.

Agreed.  There is zero incentive to rush him back.  Organization has to look at future, not just present. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 11:17:47 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Agreed.  There is zero incentive to rush him back.  Organization has to look at future, not just present.
Don't want to sound overly giddy, but the future seems pretty bright with Brown and Tatum.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 11:21:38 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Don't want to sound overly giddy, but the future seems pretty bright with Brown and Tatum.

Immensely.  If LAL '18 can convey & Danny hits, watch out.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 11:24:46 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

There's legit reason to be very excited for both.  It's no green glasses.  You see it from people around the league at this point.  People should be high on both of them.

I dind't expect this team to beat Cleveland this year anyways.  If Gordon can recover well, the young guns will get more time in his absence and hopefully it can come together very well going forward.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 11:29:26 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
True. There really is no Silver Lining or Hidden Benefit, but, one way to regain some semblance of hope is to think that we were unlikely (but not impossible) to get past cleveland this year, so let's really accelerate the growth of Brown and Tatum this year, and be super ready to gun it next year.

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 12:01:07 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Physically, once he's healed there's probably not a major risk to coming back (as long as he hasn't overcompensated for the injury and thrown is body off balance). But mentally, starting your season/return while other teams are gearing up for playoff mode might be a little too much.

I remember hearing that bone breaks like these actually heal stronger than they were before. But you have a mental hurdle to get over that can take some time.

I didn't think Paul George should have come back the same season he broke his leg, but he seemed ok. I think the main point is to not pressure him during his recovery.

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 12:03:00 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Just give him the entire year.

It's not just physically he has to heal, but he has to heal mentally too. That kind of injuries could affect someone's mindset, and he needs all the time in the world to get back to the mentality that he had before the injury. Otherwise, we will have a 100% physically ready Gordon Hayward, but yet so mentally checked out won't do things because of it.

Let this be the year we develop Jaylen and Jayson. Heal up Gordon, go for it again next year.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 12:14:42 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

It's not just physically he has to heal, but he has to heal mentally too. That kind of injuries could affect someone's mindset, and he needs all the time in the world to get back to the mentality that he had before the injury. Otherwise, we will have a 100% physically ready Gordon Hayward, but yet so mentally checked out won't do things because of it.

Let this be the year we develop Jaylen and Jayson. Heal up Gordon, go for it again next year.
No sorry, I disagree.  Gordon has MONTHS to think about this injury, and even get some therapy/counseling if he wants,  but I bet all he really wants to do is get back on the court.  He doesn't need a separate period of mental rehab.

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 12:19:33 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

No sorry, I disagree.  Gordon has MONTHS to think about this injury, and even get some therapy/counseling if he wants,  but I bet all he really wants to do is get back on the court.  He doesn't need a separate period of mental rehab.

Except that the kind of therapy he needs is to get back on the court at his own pace. He doesn't need to talk to someone about how it feels to dunk a basketball at full speed. He needs to work his own mind up to it. His mind will be telling him not to do it at first. He needs to work his way back mentally by physically doing things at a slower pace than a real nba game or even practice demands.

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 12:28:34 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

There's legit reason to be very excited for both.  It's no green glasses.  You see it from people around the league at this point.  People should be high on both of them.

I dind't expect this team to beat Cleveland this year anyways.  If Gordon can recover well, the young guns will get more time in his absence and hopefully it can come together very well going forward.

I truly believe that if Hayward did not get hurt, this team was equipped to beat the Cavs this season in playoffs.  And definitely got that vibe in the 5 plus minutes before crash.

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2017, 12:40:44 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I truly believe that if Hayward did not get hurt, this team was equipped to beat the Cavs this season in playoffs.  And definitely got that vibe in the 5 plus minutes before crash.

I agree that Boston could've beaten them in the playoffs. Having Irving and Hayward meant two go-to scorers, so Cleveland couldn't get away with anymore of that crazy double- and triple-teaming they were doing to IT last season. If they tried that, Boston could've made them pay.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2017, 12:45:02 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I agree that Boston could've beaten them in the playoffs. Having Irving and Hayward meant two go-to scorers, so Cleveland couldn't get away with anymore of that crazy double- and triple-teaming they were doing to IT last season. If they tried that, Boston could've made them pay.
There's still a shot, people!  Only 5 guys can play at a time and the way Brown/Tatum are shooting....