Author Topic: Fultz first 2 free throws of his careers, try not to laugh (Video)  (Read 6567 times)

Re: Fultz first 2 free throws of his careers, try not to laugh (Video)
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2017, 10:38:58 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
If he is indeed injured as some are saying, why is he playing??

Doesn't look like an injury thing to me. Looks like a mental thing to me. He doesn't even look comfortable shooting the ball.

So it's an excuse? Who is to be believed?

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2017, 10:42:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If a young player who made his mark on shooting in college came to the team with a new shooting form that looks anything like this, I would bench him until he changes it permanently.

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2017, 10:49:27 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
Why does he want to shoot like that? It's like he's volleying it up.  :o

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2017, 11:10:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
3 games in, Fultz is averaging 7 PPG, 2 RPG on 35 % shooting and 50 % FT shooting.

Either he's injured or severely lacking confidence right now.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2017, 11:48:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
If he is indeed injured as some are saying, why is he playing??

Doesn't look like an injury thing to me. Looks like a mental thing to me. He doesn't even look comfortable shooting the ball.

I agree. If you remember his pre-draft workouts, he reportedly shot poorly then too, and that was before any shoulder injury. The workout for the Sixers was also streamed online , and he was awful in it.

Yeah, and that's right around the time his shot started looking different, too. To me it just seems like he took some bad advice, changed the mechanics of his shot, and now has kind of screwed himself mentally with his shot.

If I was Philly, I'd hold him out until he fixed that shot and got more comfortable with it. I'd bring in a shooting coach and not let him step in a game until he fixed it. It's a joke that he is still out there doing this "fingertip type push shot" without Philly FORCING him to change. That's just terrible management of a young player on their part.

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2017, 11:54:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://twitter.com/Michael_Levin/status/921914953065406464

The best (and most hilarious) description I've heard so far is that Fultz shoots free throws like a "two handed beer pong player." 😂 That's hilarious because that is probably the most accurate way to describe that shot at the moment.

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2017, 11:59:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/markelle-fultz-shoulder-sixers-76ers-coach-brett-brown-20171010.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/philadelphia-sixers-76ers-markelle-fultz-shoulder-soreness-shot-20171021.html

I think I trust these than some guys from their rival's blog with clear agenda saying its otherwise.

If that's the case, then it's an even worse look for Philly. Why in the world would you continue to let him play if it was bothering him that much? That makes no sense, ESPECIALLY given their recent injury history.

That's why I'm continuing to call BS on this excuse. Seems to be a convenient excuse to cover up what's probably a more serious concern.

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2017, 12:11:38 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/markelle-fultz-shoulder-sixers-76ers-coach-brett-brown-20171010.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/philadelphia-sixers-76ers-markelle-fultz-shoulder-soreness-shot-20171021.html

I think I trust these than some guys from their rival's blog with clear agenda saying its otherwise.

If that's the case, then it's an even worse look for Philly. Why in the world would you continue to let him play if it was bothering him that much? That makes no sense, ESPECIALLY given their recent injury history.

That's why I'm continuing to call BS on this excuse. Seems to be a convenient excuse to cover up what's probably a more serious concern.

Did you read the article? It was said that he wont be shut down if the injury is not getting worse and its not affecting other parts of his game. I know some of you are jumping at every opportunity to justify Tatum over Fultz but come on. Its the first week of the NBA, its too early to judge these prospect. Same goes with Ball.

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2017, 12:13:33 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
If he’s injured and Brett Brown continues too play him what does that say about him as a coach?

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2017, 07:28:23 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
If he’s injured and Brett Brown continues too play him what does that say about him as a coach?

Well he said it doesnt affect other aspects of his game, or that the injury is getting worse. Who knows, but they sure do know better than you, me or anyone in this forum.

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2017, 12:53:58 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Did you read the article? It was said that he wont be shut down if the injury is not getting worse and its not affecting other parts of his game.

Yes, that seems generally right if you're talking about something like a sore ankle, but if it's affecting his shooting form, then that could cause longer-run problems with his mechanics, couldn't it? Bad shooting habits can be hard to break.

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2017, 01:02:07 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I'm flummoxed. I wonder what % Rondo would have shot with this form.

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2017, 01:39:26 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Did you read the article? It was said that he wont be shut down if the injury is not getting worse and its not affecting other parts of his game. I know some of you are jumping at every opportunity to justify Tatum over Fultz but come on. Its the first week of the NBA, its too early to judge these prospect. Same goes with Ball.

This literally makes no sense whatsoever, because shooting is such a big part of the game, especially Fultz's game. It makes absolutely no sense to keep playing him and letting him continue to develop this poor shooting form as a habit and losing confidence. It's not like he's just missing shots; he missing shots BADLY because his form is so poor and changed from what it was before.

So, yeah, I'm simply not buying it given their recent history of having no problem whatsoever of shutting guys down for seasons at a time.