Author Topic: Fultz first 2 free throws of his careers, try not to laugh (Video)  (Read 6580 times)

Re: Fultz first 2 free throws of his careers, try not to laugh (Video)
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 11:15:06 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
His college shooting form was slow for the nba

But this is hilarious

What did I tell you guys?

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 11:18:49 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I don't get it.

There's a lot to like about him going to the rim and handling the ball.  He looked awesome going to the rim with both hands at different times so far.  I really don't get the shooting.  He shot so well from 3 and it legit looks like he doesn't know how to shoot a basketball.

Tatum has been impressive, even on defense and rebounding wise so I'm happy.
There's some talk about having some sort of a shoulder injury that's causing the poor form. But frankly, I don't buy that really -- this looks about as bad as Shaq in his prime. We might have dodged a bullet here.

I saw that this morning... so the injury is still bothering him is that what they are saying?  Or it left permanent damage?  Or he altered his shot to accomidate an injury he recovered from?  Any possible way, sounds really bad.  I don't know which idea is worse lol.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:27:48 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 11:20:05 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
Feels hard not to blame the Sixers for this atrocity. You'd think some combination of the coaching staff and medical staff would look at that, hit the eject button and shut him down until his shoulder is healed.

Agreed. 

Between this and Ben Simmons not shooting with the correct hand-- Philly's staff looks lost.
Wait, what? :)

If you are familiar with Kevin O'Connor, he wrote some piece about this from looking at it and hearing from some others:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2016/2/16/10966798/ben-simmons-nba-draft-scouting-report-jump-shot

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 11:33:21 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Too funny. That kid is dumb as rocks.  ;D
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 11:34:47 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2017/10/sixers_brett_brown_unhappy_with_markelle_fultzs_ju.html

Apparently Brown isn't happy with the changes either, and suggested that someone outside of the organization tried to fix his shot. He's also still ginger from the recent shoulder injury, but it seems like the 76ers aren't doing a bang up job either from the looks of it.

I will gladly take Fultz on this team lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 11:43:15 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
He was 5 of 9 from the field scoring 10 points in 18 minutes.  Also added 3 rebounds, an assist, and a block and didn't commit a foul or turnover.  Overall not a bad debut.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 11:44:36 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
He was 5 of 9 from the field scoring 10 points in 18 minutes.  Also added 3 rebounds, an assist, and a block and didn't commit a foul or turnover.  Overall not a bad debut.

He's pretty amazing going to the rim.  He can use both hands naturally and he has moves.  It can't be discounted.

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 11:55:18 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I am not going to laugh at the kid. Those free throws looked just like Smart's last night when he clanked 2 in a row also. Kid is a rookie. Smart, who was very good at the line last year looks terrible this year. No excuse, big game and we need people to step up and no reason for a veteran to be clanking free throws. Don't get me wrong - I love Smart but free throws are just that "free". The rook was obviously nervous.

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 11:56:07 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Feels hard not to blame the Sixers for this atrocity. You'd think some combination of the coaching staff and medical staff would look at that, hit the eject button and shut him down until his shoulder is healed.

Agreed. 

Between this and Ben Simmons not shooting with the correct hand-- Philly's staff looks lost.
Wait, what? :)

On a related note, that's not as simple a situation as you might think. I've been writing left-handed my entire life, played tennis and used tools with my left -- but threw and shot a basketball with my right (neither of these was great, but both were fully adequate -- and my left hand was atrocious in that). I think my shooting/throwing hand should actually be my left, and I've pretty much just undertaken a mental exercise recently where I decided to convince my body that I can fully adequately throw left-handed. I don't think it was even a muscle memory/repetition thing (I have enough dexterity in that hand already for other tasks) -- mostly seemed to be a mental/attitude issue.

Curiously, I'm very clearly right-footed with little ambidexterity there -- but apparently hand and foot are not necessarily related that way...

Ha! I'm right footed so when I broke my wrist (right handed), I quickly learned that I break to the left faster and stronger than my right (dominant) hand. Now I use my left hand almost too much. Some people think I'm lefty at the gym.

Fun fact- I still whipe lefty!

PS- love how the Reddit thread derailed into a conversation about jerks at the LA gym
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2017, 09:56:17 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/921912197814550529

Oh my Lord, it got even worse tonight. He air balled a free throw, not coming up short but coming up left of the rim. That's insane. I'm guessing it has got to his head at this point.

I was a big Fultz fan before the draft, and though I had questions regarding his fire and passion for the game, I never would've imagined that shooting would be his biggest question mark.

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2017, 10:00:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Oh my Lord, it got even worse tonight. He air balled a free throw, not coming up short but coming up left of the rim. That's insane. I'm guessing it has got to his head at this point.

I was a big Fultz fan before the draft, and though I had questions regarding his fire and passion for the game, I never would've imagined that shooting would be his biggest question mark.

I'd be so depressed right now if we had used the #1 pick on him ourselves!

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2017, 10:23:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I'd be so depressed right now if we had used the #1 pick on him ourselves!

I see quite a few people saying he's shooting FTs like this because he has a shoulder injury... but I mean if that's the case, WHY is he even playing??  ???

Seems to me like this could be setting up for that annual "Sixers young stud that gets injured early leading to the team deciding to tank again"  ::)

Frankly I feel Embiid isn't going to last long this season either (just my gut feeling).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2017, 10:28:56 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
If he is indeed injured as some are saying, why is he playing??

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2017, 10:32:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Doesn't look like an injury thing to me. Looks like a mental thing to me. He doesn't even look comfortable shooting the ball.

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2017, 10:37:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Doesn't look like an injury thing to me. Looks like a mental thing to me. He doesn't even look comfortable shooting the ball.

I agree. If you remember his pre-draft workouts, he reportedly shot poorly then too, and that was before any shoulder injury. The workout for the Sixers was also streamed online , and he was awful in it.