Author Topic: Fultz first 2 free throws of his careers, try not to laugh (Video)  (Read 6607 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 04:41:25 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Fultz first 2 free throws of his careers, try not to laugh (Video)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 01:11:04 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
I was pretty high on him and was upset when we made the trade. That looks like a mess and I feel like I overly bought into hype

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 01:17:28 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
Man, that is insane. And he might be the type (like Rondo) to let something like this mess with him mentally, making it difficult to fix.

Danny might literally have got the better player AND a potential top-5 pick with it.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 01:23:06 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I don't get it.

There's a lot to like about him going to the rim and handling the ball.  He looked awesome going to the rim with both hands at different times so far.  I really don't get the shooting.  He shot so well from 3 and it legit looks like he doesn't know how to shoot a basketball.

Tatum has been impressive, even on defense and rebounding wise so I'm happy.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 01:48:25 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I was pretty high on him and was upset when we made the trade. That looks like a mess and I feel like I overly bought into hype
he was fools gold. I bought the hype too

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 02:01:54 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
he was fools gold. I bought the hype too
Overbuy into the hype and then overbuy into the negativity and act like he's going to be a bust after a single game.  Fultz will be fine.  His shooting will come around.  He has little pressure on him with Embiid and Simmons drawing all the attention. 

Going into the draft, I thought there were a bunch of good prospect buts no real franchise talent.  Haven't seen anything that changes my mind on that.  In 4 years, I wouldn't be surprised if any of 7 or 8 players end up being at the top of this draft class.   

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 09:24:20 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
After watching 2 real games of Tatum, I'm so glad we have Danny

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 09:26:54 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Feels hard not to blame the Sixers for this atrocity. You'd think some combination of the coaching staff and medical staff would look at that, hit the eject button and shut him down until his shoulder is healed.

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 09:34:08 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Feels hard not to blame the Sixers for this atrocity. You'd think some combination of the coaching staff and medical staff would look at that, hit the eject button and shut him down until his shoulder is healed.

Agreed. 

Between this and Ben Simmons not shooting with the correct hand-- Philly's staff looks lost. 

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 09:46:22 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Apparently his shoulder hurts so he's trying this goofy free throw form.

If your shoulder is that bad that you can't shoot a normal free throw why are you playing, that is what confuses me. 76ers say they can't find an issue with his shoulder either.

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 10:44:13 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Count me in the minority I guess, but I'm pulling for the kid to do well. He seems like a good kid, obviously gifted. His confidence is shaken right now, and fooling around with his shooting mechanics obviously isn't helping that.

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 10:51:57 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
oh my.  it looks like he's never shot a basketball before.  Shaq had better form and that's pretty [dang]ing

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 10:57:10 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't get it.

There's a lot to like about him going to the rim and handling the ball.  He looked awesome going to the rim with both hands at different times so far.  I really don't get the shooting.  He shot so well from 3 and it legit looks like he doesn't know how to shoot a basketball.

Tatum has been impressive, even on defense and rebounding wise so I'm happy.
There's some talk about having some sort of a shoulder injury that's causing the poor form. But frankly, I don't buy that really -- this looks about as bad as Shaq in his prime. We might have dodged a bullet here.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 10:58:26 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Apparently his shoulder hurts so he's trying this goofy free throw form.

If your shoulder is that bad that you can't shoot a normal free throw why are you playing, that is what confuses me. 76ers say they can't find an issue with his shoulder either.
Yeah, the whole thing seems weird. Phantom pains so he changes his form? He may iron this all out and eventually become an all star but obviously we're all feeling pretty good about the Tatum trade right now.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 11:05:15 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Agreed. 

Between this and Ben Simmons not shooting with the correct hand-- Philly's staff looks lost.
Wait, what? :)

On a related note, that's not as simple a situation as you might think. I've been writing left-handed my entire life, played tennis and used tools with my left -- but threw and shot a basketball with my right (neither of these was great, but both were fully adequate -- and my left hand was atrocious in that). I think my shooting/throwing hand should actually be my left, and I've pretty much just undertaken a mental exercise recently where I decided to convince my body that I can fully adequately throw left-handed. I don't think it was even a muscle memory/repetition thing (I have enough dexterity in that hand already for other tasks) -- mostly seemed to be a mental/attitude issue.

Curiously, I'm very clearly right-footed with little ambidexterity there -- but apparently hand and foot are not necessarily related that way...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."