Author Topic: Hayward surgery went well. Recovery Timetable unknown. Best case=MARCH?  (Read 15762 times)

Re: Hayward surgery went well. Recovery Timetable unknown. Best case=MARCH?
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2017, 01:32:07 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Anyone worried at all that he may never quite be the same after his injury? The ankle is just such a complex part of the body and its so crucial to a basketball player's success.

I was asking a doctor friend and he said its going to most likely be, "mental". Fractures are better than torn ligaments because they heal completely, but it can be more traumatizing.

« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2017, 03:49:15 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
the mental aspect is why I believe he should be given extra time to recover from this injury. Make sure the injury heals and there is no setback caused by early return. That will go a long way to fixing the mental aspect.

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2017, 05:03:07 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I’ve read lots od leg breaking experiences here, and since i’ve had one myself i can say none of them really come close to gordons. I agree that it is going to be a mental thing. But if i am gordon, i would be extatic to know that it basically just looked awful. A clean tibia break is no big deal. I expect him to be back by april.
Lot’s of you guys mentioned casts and stuff. He is getting screws and plates which are far kore advanced and fasten the healling process, and more imporantly, he can start working out as soon as the swelling goes away(non weighted).

But all thing aside, the season will dictate his return date. If we are really good he might push it to come back, if we end up at 5-8 spot, they will probably shut him down
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2017, 07:01:55 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
But all thing aside, the season will dictate his return date. If we are really good he might push it to come back, if we end up at 5-8 spot, they will probably shut him down
I don't think so.  Celts have never operated that way.  Gordon comes back when he is medically cleared to play.

« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2017, 07:55:19 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
He should be ready to start week after next .  Thats plenty of time. . 

LOL.

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2017, 09:47:36 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Anyone worried at all that he may never quite be the same after his injury? The ankle is just such a complex part of the body and its so crucial to a basketball player's success.

I was asking a doctor friend and he said its going to most likely be, "mental". Fractures are better than torn ligaments because they heal completely, but it can be more traumatizing.
George said the same thing. I doubt we see Alley-oops and Heyward when he is well.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2017, 10:26:42 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I figured I would leave this here as some hope.

Everything Im reading is that bones that break, when they grow back they grow back thicker and stronger.

Hopefully thats true.

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2017, 10:35:12 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Everything Im reading is that bones that break, when they grow back they grow back thicker and stronger.

Hopefully thats true.

Lol

« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Hopefully thats true.
"Broken bones well set to become stronger"
"Storm makes oaks take deeper root"
"After April showers, come May flowers"
"No pains, no gains"

« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2017, 06:36:15 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

He will lose some explosiveness, which sucks for the Cs because they paid him in his prime.  But he was never really an explosive player anyways and so he should be able to adjust.

« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2017, 06:43:07 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

He will lose some explosiveness, which sucks for the Cs because they paid him in his prime.  But he was never really an explosive player anyways and so he should be able to adjust.
I've read probably 10-15 doctor opinions on haywards injury and none said anything about losing explosiveness. Do you have any a link to medical prognosis indicating this? Sounds like unsubstantiated speculation to Me

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 07:01:01 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2017, 08:05:12 PM »

Offline Joyride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3

I've read probably 10-15 doctor opinions on haywards injury and none said anything about losing explosiveness. Do you have any a link to medical prognosis indicating this? Sounds like unsubstantiated speculation to Me

Exactly. No ligament or cartilage damage. If it was his ACL, we would be having a totally different conversation.  Funny, nobody panicked like this when Brady blew out his knee.

« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2017, 08:09:22 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1351
I gave up on Hayward for this year. If he comes back it's a bonus, that way I'm not going to be let down hoping he comes back earlier. Everyone's recovery time is different.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2017, 08:38:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
He ll be shooting hoops in a few months .   

« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
While I want GH to have a complete and sound recovery I'm not giving up on seeing him in action this year.

The longer that Kyrie, Big Al and Co. keep this ship sailing gives me hope that we'll see him during this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

KG said it and that settles it.