Author Topic: Hayward surgery went well. Recovery Timetable unknown. Best case=MARCH?  (Read 15817 times)

Re: Hayward surgery went well. Recovery Timetable unknown. Best case=MARCH?
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2017, 08:07:40 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Guys, he's done for the season, stop rushing things. He needs full recovery, phisicaly and mentaly. Let's move on. Season's gonna be long, too long to watch.

Since orthopedic surgeons have stated that a March return is possible, it makes sense that fans might actually think that a March return is possible.  I think all of us who choose to be hopeful about a '17-'18 return will be OK if it turns out otherwise.

No, they haven't. At least we don't know they did. We just read different knews from different journalists. We have no official postoperative statement from any surgeont. Players were lost for the season with smaller injuries than this. I appriciate your hopes but it's more realistic we see GH ready for next October.

Two doctors chimed in with in an hour of the injury stating this. One called into the after show and said as long as its clean, and nothing it torn, he could be back with int 3 to 4 months, depending on how fast he heals, and rehab. Bone should be healed in 6 to 8 weeks, so thats an other 8 weeks of rehab.

And a couple said the same thing the next day. Now it could be the season, all depends. I really think if he's 100% he should no start for the rest of the season, and come off the bench starting at 10min and go from there. More for mind than body, that way he's not worrying about having to put up numbers, and doesn't have to try to mesh with the starting unit again.

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2017, 08:12:05 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Guys, he's done for the season, stop rushing things. He needs full recovery, phisicaly and mentaly. Let's move on. Season's gonna be long, too long to watch.

Since orthopedic surgeons have stated that a March return is possible, it makes sense that fans might actually think that a March return is possible.  I think all of us who choose to be hopeful about a '17-'18 return will be OK if it turns out otherwise.

No, they haven't. At least we don't know they did. We just read different knews from different journalists. We have no official postoperative statement from any surgeont. Players were lost for the season with smaller injuries than this. I appriciate your hopes but it's more realistic we see GH ready for next October.

Two doctors chimed in with in an hour of the injury stating this. One called into the after show and said as long as its clean, and nothing it torn, he could be back with int 3 to 4 months, depending on how fast he heals, and rehab. Bone should be healed in 6 to 8 weeks, so thats an other 8 weeks of rehab.

And a couple said the same thing the next day. Now it could be the season, all depends. I really think if he's 100% he should no start for the rest of the season, and come off the bench starting at 10min and go from there. More for mind than body, that way he's not worrying about having to put up numbers, and doesn't have to try to mesh with the starting unit again.

Let's go with your thought that he will be ready to play this year.... what will make him 100% this year? Let's assume that he has the ability to heal faster than the average person. Wouldn't he still be relatively out of shape after sitting for many months?

Even if he is able to come back for the playoffs and play 10mpg- do you think that those will be impactful minutes? Isn't it safe to assume that he won't be a game changer for the Celtics this year?

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2017, 08:14:52 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Let's go with your thought that he will be ready to play this year.... what will make him 100% this year? Let's assume that he has the ability to heal faster than the average person. Wouldn't he still be relatively out of shape after sitting for many months?

Even if he is able to come back for the playoffs and play 10mpg- do you think that those will be impactful minutes? Isn't it safe to assume that he won't be a game changer for the Celtics this year?
why wouldn't he be impactful? He will only see the floor if he's back to normal. If he isn't fully acclimated to the game, a 70% Hayward is still better than our entire bench so yes impactfuk

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2017, 08:23:07 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

why wouldn't he be impactful? He will only see the floor if he's back to normal. If he isn't fully acclimated to the game, a 70% Hayward is still better than our entire bench so yes impactfuk

According to you, he won't see the floor if he's 70%....

if he's on the bench, what will his impact be?

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
While I do not think he will be back this season, I disagree with everyone who says that if he CAN return that he SHOULD NOT return.

If he is 100% physically healthy and can play his normal game, he should absolutely play this season.

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2017, 08:43:49 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
It all depends on his doctor and medical staff, that is if they bring it all right he has very high possibility to play 100% or near 100% this season

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2017, 08:51:03 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
While I do not think he will be back this season, I disagree with everyone who says that if he CAN return that he SHOULD NOT return.

If he is 100% physically healthy and can play his normal game, he should absolutely play this season.
exactly. If he can play, he should. He will need reps to get back into the groove of playing. The more reps he can get the better

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2017, 09:25:21 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
https://mobile.twitter.com/Trags/status/921116739831779328

League source: No joint damage is key reason those close to Gordon Hayward feel optimistic for full (relatively fast) recovery

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2017, 09:32:56 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Exactly. Play it like 2010. Hold the #4 seed and start winning games on the road in the playoffs with everyone healthy. The Celtics can challenge and beat the Cavaliers in Quicken Loans Arena. They were 3 points shy of winning that game without Morris and Hayward.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2017, 09:41:35 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

According to you, he won't see the floor if he's 70%....

if he's on the bench, what will his impact be?

100% healed and okayed by the med staff that he's ready for full contact. He might even be more healthy at that point then some of the players that haven't gone down with serious injuries.

Coming off the bench would be huge for both parties. He wouldn't have to guard guys like Lebron, so it's easier on his body, he can ease into things and they can work him back into shape. He dosen't disrupts anything with the starting unit, and if his head isn't into it, pull him back.

But now reading about the disable player exception, I'm wondering if we shouldn't if we can get the right player. They were talking about Noel could be had for it. If DA and ownership is willing to pay up what he may want next season, this would be more beneficial long term. You get a guy similar to Baynes in that he's a rebounding defensive machine, younger, and an other big body with out giving up a player.

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2017, 09:44:35 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Season's gonna be long, too long to watch.

Now that a championship is unlikely 40-1 odds I recommend that you sit back, grab a beer, and enjoy your team's ups and downs without worrying about the score. You'll enjoy the games better. For example, we played like crap last night and I had a blast watching Jaylen Brown's drives, etc.

I guess this is a key difference between the two main groups of Cs fans: some can enjoy the games even when the overall circumstances may be bad, and some can't. I'm among the latter, and I think that's what's giving me trouble in relation to the Hayward injury: I'm not a fan because I like seeing young guys develop, regardless of how the team does; I'm competitive, I want my teams to win, and this team is now in line for a good bit less winning this season. We were primed to start being a real pain in Cleveland's backside, but now we'll likely be little more than a mildly annoying speedbump on their way to another Finals appearance.
Yup it’s tough just the thought of what could have been. They looked amazing in the preseason together with GH. I felt like before he went down we were gonna win the Cavs game you just felt a run coming. Now it’s just going to be ugly, lots of close gritty games, mistakes by all the youngins and we’re gonna lose in heartbreak fashion. 6-8 seed most likely. All the excitement of the Kyrie trade is down the drain. He’s gonna be doubled and tripled. Al is gonna be forced to do more than he’s capable of. Same for the young guys. Gonna be real bad.
yeah. This is fair.

I am excited to watch the kids grow. Tatum and Brown will be relied on for major contributions which is exciting, but this really knocks us 2 years backwards. Not a real threat to Cleveland and just gunning to win a playoff series or 2.
What I’m scared of is what if Gordons never the same? What if he comes back next year and chemistry and things don’t go as planned with him and Kyrie, and Kyrie walks? They’ll only have one year together now before Kyries contracts up. This was a huge blow all around.

Oh my god, it's so scary.  What if we get hit by an asteroid?  That'd be really scary.

haha TP.

What if my wife leaves me for the milkman?
What if the Jets win the AFC East?
What if Wyc sells the team to Seattle?
What if Gordon Hayward never plays a game for the Celtics?
she will.
they wont.
he wont.
he will.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2017, 09:57:07 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

[/quote]

100% healed and okayed by the med staff that he's ready for full contact. He might even be more healthy at that point then some of the players that haven't gone down with serious injuries.

[/quote]

This is a big point, 3 months of rest won't affect his condition too much and the strained ligament and bone should be full recovered, that means with 2 full months rehab an 1 month practice with the team he should be ready to go

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

League source: No joint damage is key reason those close to Gordon Hayward feel optimistic for full (relatively fast) recovery

What is meant by no joint damage?

Maybe I'm being obtuse, but isn't the ankle a joint? And it's damaged?

Does it mean the dislocation of the ankle was relatively minor, separate and apart from the broken tibia?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:27:05 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2017, 10:35:03 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I'll say again that ankle dislocations look a lot more grotesque and serious than they actually are. They can be popped back in place in a minute (as they did with Hayward in the locker room).

The break is more serious. They haven't said much about it, except the bone had to be displaced for them to have surgery. The ligaments are OK, so it doesn't look too bad. But Hayward is a basketball player, and it will take a lot longer to get into basketball shape than just walking.

I know the situation since I've had the ankle dislocation and my wife had the break. In the latter case, bone displacement was minor enough so the Doc decided not to operate. The healing worked out fine. In Gordon's case, there apparently was enough displacement so that operating was necessary. I think the 6 month estimate is probably pretty good, and he could make it back for the playoffs.

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2017, 10:40:44 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

What is meant by no joint damage?

Maybe I'm being obtuse, but isn't the ankle a joint? And it's damaged?

Does it mean the dislocation of the ankle was relatively minor, separate and apart from the broken tibia?

I think they're referring to ligaments/tendons that are tied to the bones.  The dislocation is a 6 week heal. The break/operation adds more time to that. And then there's the rehab to get back to playing.