Author Topic: Hayward surgery went well. Recovery Timetable unknown. Best case=MARCH?  (Read 15760 times)

Re: Hayward surgery went well. Recovery Timetable unknown. Best case=MARCH?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2017, 01:13:56 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Season's gonna be long, too long to watch.

Now that a championship is unlikely 40-1 odds I recommend that you sit back, grab a beer, and enjoy your team's ups and downs without worrying about the score. You'll enjoy the games better. For example, we played like crap last night and I had a blast watching Jaylen Brown's drives, etc.

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2017, 03:48:41 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Stevens treats Gordon like a son, he's going to tread lightly with this injury and treat him with the utmost caution. We won't see him back this year unless we beat all odds and have a deep playoff run. Then we might see him come off the bench in moderation.

Reality is, this season is a lost cause, Stevens and management won't rush him back. Gordon won't be on the court until next year.

Update - colleague just mentioned that Haywards agent said he is not coming back this year. Probably to set a realistic expectation to the fans.

You need to stop listening to your colleague and then update the update.

He was right based on the woj bomb.. so why the animosity?

No, he wasn't. The word the agent used was "unlikely". Your friend used the word "not". One has a chance of happening, albeit slim, the other has none. There is a difference.
exactly. Jeremy lin was straight up announced he's not coming back, whereas Gordon is given the "unlikely" so far with recovery timetables not really announced yet. Gordon just has a broken tibia bone. Its Serious but the recovery isn't as long as other type of injuries

I read some doctor opinions saying they wouldn't be surprised to see him back sooner than most think

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 04:11:49 PM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
I believe Gordon will be back by end of March. Right now, he need peace and no distractions. We'll be fine. When Morris returns we will be very dangerous. With Cavs coasting...when Kyrie shifts to new gear i believe we could even be first seed...and bring back Gordon...use last 10 games of regular season to prepare him for playoff...probably wouldn't need him playing big minutes in first round...and hoping he will be at 90% for ECSF with Wizards or Raptors
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2017, 04:29:35 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323

Now that a championship is unlikely 40-1 odds I recommend that you sit back, grab a beer, and enjoy your team's ups and downs without worrying about the score. You'll enjoy the games better. For example, we played like crap last night and I had a blast watching Jaylen Brown's drives, etc.

I guess this is a key difference between the two main groups of Cs fans: some can enjoy the games even when the overall circumstances may be bad, and some can't. I'm among the latter, and I think that's what's giving me trouble in relation to the Hayward injury: I'm not a fan because I like seeing young guys develop, regardless of how the team does; I'm competitive, I want my teams to win, and this team is now in line for a good bit less winning this season. We were primed to start being a real pain in Cleveland's backside, but now we'll likely be little more than a mildly annoying speedbump on their way to another Finals appearance.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2017, 04:44:50 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Just take your TIME and get WELL, Haymaker.

I remember vividly the KG threads on here when he injured his knee on that fateful trip to Utah in the 2008-09 season.

I'm certain that we had CHI (and ORL) on edge with the numerous rumors/guesses/conspiracies) about KG's rumored return.

I have no doubt that even the THOUGHT of KG coming back that season probably gave us a win or two in those playoffs.

I just want to see Gordon sit on the sidelines in his cool suits and do THIS

lol I don't think Gordon is wired like KG but it will be awesome to see Hayward get well and get back to us.

Just take your time young fella. Championships are a JOURNEY not a sprint.

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2017, 05:05:55 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

I guess this is a key difference between the two main groups of Cs fans: some can enjoy the games even when the overall circumstances may be bad, and some can't. I'm among the latter, and I think that's what's giving me trouble in relation to the Hayward injury: I'm not a fan because I like seeing young guys develop, regardless of how the team does; I'm competitive, I want my teams to win, and this team is now in line for a good bit less winning this season. We were primed to start being a real pain in Cleveland's backside, but now we'll likely be little more than a mildly annoying speedbump on their way to another Finals appearance.
Yup it’s tough just the thought of what could have been. They looked amazing in the preseason together with GH. I felt like before he went down we were gonna win the Cavs game you just felt a run coming. Now it’s just going to be ugly, lots of close gritty games, mistakes by all the youngins and we’re gonna lose in heartbreak fashion. 6-8 seed most likely. All the excitement of the Kyrie trade is down the drain. He’s gonna be doubled and tripled. Al is gonna be forced to do more than he’s capable of. Same for the young guys. Gonna be real bad.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2017, 05:21:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Yup it’s tough just the thought of what could have been. They looked amazing in the preseason together with GH. I felt like before he went down we were gonna win the Cavs game you just felt a run coming. Now it’s just going to be ugly, lots of close gritty games, mistakes by all the youngins and we’re gonna lose in heartbreak fashion. 6-8 seed most likely. All the excitement of the Kyrie trade is down the drain. He’s gonna be doubled and tripled. Al is gonna be forced to do more than he’s capable of. Same for the young guys. Gonna be real bad.
yeah. This is fair.

I am excited to watch the kids grow. Tatum and Brown will be relied on for major contributions which is exciting, but this really knocks us 2 years backwards. Not a real threat to Cleveland and just gunning to win a playoff series or 2.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2017, 05:29:32 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

yeah. This is fair.

I am excited to watch the kids grow. Tatum and Brown will be relied on for major contributions which is exciting, but this really knocks us 2 years backwards. Not a real threat to Cleveland and just gunning to win a playoff series or 2.
What I’m scared of is what if Gordons never the same? What if he comes back next year and chemistry and things don’t go as planned with him and Kyrie, and Kyrie walks? They’ll only have one year together now before Kyries contracts up. This was a huge blow all around.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2017, 06:54:23 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Last night Gordon Hayward underwent successful bony and ligamentous stabilization surgery on his left ankle.
https://mobile.twitter.com/celtics/status/921097373031510017

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2017, 06:56:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

yeah. This is fair.

What I’m scared of is what if Gordons never the same? What if he comes back next year and chemistry and things don’t go as planned with him and Kyrie, and Kyrie walks? They’ll only have one year together now before Kyries contracts up. This was a huge blow all around.

yup.....whole year of our stars contract down the hole.

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2017, 07:04:28 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

yeah. This is fair.

Gordon Hayward is a star? Like one of those dim ones that is really hard to see? How many stars are there in the NBA? 30+?

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2017, 07:11:36 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

yeah. This is fair.

Oh my god, it's so scary.  What if we get hit by an asteroid?  That'd be really scary.

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

yeah. This is fair.

Gordon Hayward is a star? Like one of those dim ones that is really hard to see? How many stars are there in the NBA? 30+?
are you serious or joking? He’s a top 15-20 player in the league

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2017, 07:15:08 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

yeah. This is fair.

Oh my god, it's so scary.  What if we get hit by an asteroid?  That'd be really scary.

haha TP.

What if my wife leaves me for the milkman?
What if the Jets win the AFC East?
What if Wyc sells the team to Seattle?
What if Gordon Hayward never plays a game for the Celtics?

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2017, 07:23:41 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

yeah. This is fair.

are you serious or joking? He’s a top 15-20 player in the league

Joking. Kinda. I think he's a good/not great player. Prob. top 25, in my eyes. ESPN put him at 20. On their list, I would take the following lower ranked players over him: Porzingis, Griffin, Kyrie, Millsap, Marc Gasol, IT, Whiteside. I know this is very debatable, so I'll give you top 20.

I know it is easier to get an All Star appearance here or there, but I wouldn't call Hayward a star. I'll leave that designation for All NBA players (top 15), and superstars are top 5 in the league, in my book.

I think that Gordon is good at mostly everything, but not great at anything. According to my eyes, I think Kyrie is our only star, and Tatum/Brown have a chance to become future stars.