Poll

What Celtic do you think has the best chanced for most improved player?

Smart
Brown
Rozier

Author Topic: Most improved player?  (Read 724 times)

Most improved player?
« on: October 18, 2017, 10:59:36 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
After last night i think Jaylen Brown has a really good chance of being the most improved player this year. Jaylen looked really good last night.

Re: Most improved player?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 11:09:28 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Too early to tell but man did Jaylen look like he took it to another level last night. Can he do that on a consistent basis?

I've bagged on Jaylen before because it just feels like something is missing in his game. Last night that was not the case and I'll happily eat crow if this is the type of player he is this season.
ok fine

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Too early to tell but man did Jaylen look like he took it to another level last night. Can he do that on a consistent basis?

I've bagged on Jaylen before because it just feels like something is missing in his game. Last night that was not the case and I'll happily eat crow if this is the type of player he is this season.

I always thought that Jaylen had a lot of talent. He also is unafraid and is an athletic freak. This year i think he'll take a huge step. He's worked so hard and he's only 20.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 11:57:28 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Jaylen Brown must cause nightmares for defenders when he has you isolated one on one in a fast break.

And it's only gonna get better and better for him once he learns to take his time and take what's given to him.

It's a plus that he's a solid defender... if his outside shot gets to be reliable. Scary

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 12:01:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Jaylen Brown must cause nightmares for defenders when he has you isolated one on one in a fast break.

And it's only gonna get better and better for him once he learns to take his time and take what's given to him.

It's a plus that he's a solid defender... if his outside shot gets to be reliable. Scary

I think Jaylen has Kawhi like potential. He has those kinds of tools!

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 12:09:50 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Most improved would have to Jaylen at this point, but my dark horse is Rozier.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 12:17:48 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
After last night i think Jaylen Brown has a really good chance of being the most improved player this year. Jaylen looked really good last night.

Well since only four teams have played so far I'd say Jaylen is the leading candidate right now.... But in all seriousness with GH out he is gona be asked to do a lot more. We still have our elite PG and Al Horford but we are missing a lot of scoring with no Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Kelly O. Going into this season I thought 10-12 PPG for Brown, but he's gonna be asked to take a lot more shots now, probably more than he should. We saw 40 min last night that Stevens will likely lean on him. So we'll see how he responds. 

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 12:26:17 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Well for now it's Jaylen.  He still has a ways to go be consistent and a true go to guy at the end of games but he's exciting for sure.  Smart looks about the same.  Mostly a bad offensive player (both scoring and playmaking) but tough and gritty.  I can see why people love him but he'll always be a frustrating player for me.  Would rather limit his minutes if possible.

Rozier is Rozier.  I think he has a chance to be a good career back up.

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 12:53:18 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I think Jaylen has Kawhi like potential. He has those kinds of tools!
minus the two foot long hands.