Author Topic: Forcing AD trade??  (Read 1670 times)

Forcing AD trade??
« on: October 18, 2017, 05:21:20 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Is this new unexpected situation a trigger for forcing Davis trade sooner than planned by Ainge?
I mean, could it be that Ainge goes agressively with a huge offer already in February? We all know he has him in his plans, but loosing Hayward changes our team-picture drammaticaly. After all, AD is the only guy that can be the wall in the paint for LeBron.

Re: Forcing AD trade??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 05:52:11 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Is this new unexpected situation a trigger for forcing Davis trade sooner than planned by Ainge?
I mean, could it be that Ainge goes agressively with a huge offer already in February? We all know he has him in his plans, but loosing Hayward changes our team-picture drammaticaly. After all, AD is the only guy that can be the wall in the paint for LeBron.
DA isn't the one that's holding up the deal, believe me. As soon as AD becomes available DA will pounce.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 06:35:35 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
As much as we love Ad, so do the pelicans. Also the Hayward injury doesn't change much for us. Danny had his eyes on 1-2 years from now. This year was about gelling and seeing where we can go with this roster

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 06:46:09 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
DA isn't the one that's holding up the deal, believe me. As soon as AD becomes available DA will pounce.
This.  If anything, I think it makes a deal LESS likely.  Who you gonna trade with GH on the shelf?

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 06:51:47 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Let here your proposed trade.   I want to the see the offer than sways NO.   I don't think we have the assets anymore and any deal would have to include Horford.   Our pick cupboard is not what it used to be folks.

This isn't NBA2K.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 07:12:20 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 07:38:49 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

That's what I ment when I said ˝force˝ the trade. Exactly because he may not be available, Ainge could try to make him available. At least try. I mean, what options do we have now except waiting for GH?
Compairing with last year now we have only Kyrie, Tatum is still young, and we lost AB, Jae, Olynyk, Jerebko, Amir,... without Hayward, I'm affraid Wizards and Raptors are easily passing us on East

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 07:47:57 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

That's what I ment when I said ˝force˝ the trade. Exactly because he may not be available, Ainge could try to make him available. At least try. I mean, what options do we have now except waiting for GH?
Compairing with last year now we have only Kyrie, Tatum is still young, and we lost AB, Jae, Olynyk, Jerebko, Amir,... without Hayward, I'm affraid Wizards and Raptors are easily passing us on East
Among those, only losing AB is significant with GH out.  None of the others will make much difference in whether Wiz or Raps pass the Celtics.

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 07:50:01 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
I would say this may stop an AD trade if he were to come available. We've lost Gordon and you've got to think we would have to give up Jaylen and Jason in a trade for AD. Our team is significantly worse when you take all 3 of those guys out of the picture.

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 08:08:10 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I would say this may stop an AD trade if he were to come available. We've lost Gordon and you've got to think we would have to give up Jaylen and Jason in a trade for AD. Our team is significantly worse when you take all 3 of those guys out of the picture.

The silver lining in all of this (and there isn't much of one) is that Brown and Tatum will now play big minutes. If they are able to show star potential, then maybe only one of them will be required (along with Horford and the LAL/Sac pick) to get a deal done.

This isn't hoping Jared Sullinger or Terry Rozier break-out, we have two highly touted top 3 picks who could become very valuable very soon.