Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 200158 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #1725 on: March 19, 2018, 10:47:14 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Dang, Spurs playing their best against the Warriors all year this season. 20-9 run this 1st quarter.

EDIT: Warriors without 3 of their Big 4. Figures lol. But they still got the dirty cheapshot artists Zaza Pachulia and Draymond Green out on the floor.

I would actually love to see San Antonio stay as a 7-8 seed and get back Kawhi in time for a series against the Warriors.

THAT... would make it a VERY intriguing playoffs and 1st round IMHO. (So long as Zaza doesn't get in the way again)  :laugh:
Hasn't Kawhi basically ended his season with SA?

Don't think anything's official, but yeah it's a little strange what's going on over there.

Kawhi to me seems like someone who would want to be out there to help his team even if he's not 100%, which makes the whole thing seem bizarre IMO.

Either the injury is A LOT worse than the Spurs are letting on, or there's tension.

I'm still assuming he comes back, but it probably has to be sometime in the next few weeks.

If he comes back on the last week of the season, he would be ineffective for the playoffs.

And the Warriors will take great pleasure in dispatching him and the Spurs, unfortunately lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1726 on: March 19, 2018, 10:49:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Dang, Spurs playing their best against the Warriors all year this season. 20-9 run this 1st quarter.

EDIT: Warriors without 3 of their Big 4. Figures lol. But they still got the dirty cheapshot artists Zaza Pachulia and Draymond Green out on the floor.

I would actually love to see San Antonio stay as a 7-8 seed and get back Kawhi in time for a series against the Warriors.

THAT... would make it a VERY intriguing playoffs and 1st round IMHO. (So long as Zaza doesn't get in the way again)  :laugh:
Hasn't Kawhi basically ended his season with SA?

Don't think anything's official, but yeah it's a little strange what's going on over there.

Kawhi to me seems like someone who would want to be out there to help his team even if he's not 100%, which makes the whole thing seem bizarre IMO.

Either the injury is A LOT worse than the Spurs are letting on, or there's tension.

I'm still assuming he comes back, but it probably has to be sometime in the next few weeks.

If he comes back on the last week of the season, he would be ineffective for the playoffs.

And the Warriors will take great pleasure in dispatching him and the Spurs, unfortunately lol.

Kind of off topic, but if Kawhi truly is frustrated with the Spurs and they take some "initial calls" on him, do you think Danny makes a call?

I'd hate the idea of losing Brown and/or Tatum in any deal though... and it just seems too risky.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1727 on: March 19, 2018, 11:37:52 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Kind of off topic, but if Kawhi truly is frustrated with the Spurs and they take some "initial calls" on him, do you think Danny makes a call?

I'd hate the idea of losing Brown and/or Tatum in any deal though... and it just seems too risky.
[/quote]

With Danny anything is possible. But I think I'm content moving forward with Brown/Tatum/Hayward. The wing position is solid.

« Reply #1728 on: March 19, 2018, 11:40:32 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Lol poetic justice. Draymond Green got hit in the groin by Danny Green. Looks like Draymond Green is done for the night.

Warriors Big 4 all injured. The last starter standing? Zaza Pachulia. It would be a shame if...something were to happen to him in this particular game tonight in San Antonio's house.

« Reply #1729 on: March 19, 2018, 11:48:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Lol poetic justice. Draymond Green got hit in the groin by Danny Green. Looks like Draymond Green is done for the night.

Warriors Big 4 all injured. The last starter standing? Zaza Pachulia. It would be a shame if...something were to happen to him in this particular game tonight in San Antonio's house.

Done for the night? That must have been some hit!

« Reply #1730 on: March 20, 2018, 12:22:02 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

He was in some serious pain, but he was able to walk off on his own power. Looks like pelvic contusion.

He's who I thought he was...an overrated bum without his superstar teammates, 0 points and 3 rebounds. Always bashing on PP34 and his retirement lol.

« Reply #1731 on: March 20, 2018, 01:08:57 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

He was in some serious pain, but he was able to walk off on his own power. Looks like pelvic contusion.

He's who I thought he was...an overrated bum without his superstar teammates, 0 points and 3 rebounds. Always bashing on PP34 and his retirement lol.

I do think green is overrated. He would be just another guy on magic or a lot of other teams.

« Reply #1732 on: March 20, 2018, 01:24:34 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Drastically overrated. Gets away with murder on the court
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1733 on: March 20, 2018, 06:56:06 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206

Yet whines to the refs even more than LeBron. Seriously cannot stand this guy. One of the most unlikable players in the league IMO.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #1734 on: March 20, 2018, 07:13:01 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

I do think green is overrated. He would be just another guy on magic or a lot of other teams.

This is what I see in this guy. He's a great role player. Poseyesque. But no all star. He proved better than David Lee, who he beat out when Lee was injured. The team worked with him out there with the stars because he naturally does the dirty work, as it suits his nature.

« Reply #1735 on: March 20, 2018, 11:24:28 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
So with all the calls of Draymond Green being overrated does that mean Rondo was as well? Considering that his numbers were "inflated" with playing with Garnett, Pierce and Allen.

« Reply #1736 on: March 20, 2018, 11:43:30 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
So with all the calls of Draymond Green being overrated does that mean Rondo was as well? Considering that his numbers were "inflated" with playing with Garnett, Pierce and Allen.

Yes.

They're roleplayers who happened to fall into situations that suit their skillsets perfectly.  Rondo was the right guy at the right time.  But he wasn't a star.  Same with Draymond. 

« Reply #1737 on: March 20, 2018, 01:04:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I would take Draymond on this team in a heartbeat.

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Green
Horford

Rozier
Smart
Tatum
Morris
Theis

God I'ld love that team. That team is winning multiple chips.

« Reply #1738 on: March 20, 2018, 01:05:36 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Yet whines to the refs even more than LeBron. Seriously cannot stand this guy. One of the most unlikable players in the league IMO.

I lost respect for him after football-tackling our guys in that Celtics @ Warriors 2016 game where the Celtics inflicted their first home loss of the season in April (then again, he has a rep of hitting other players in the groin and such too). Then I started hating him when he goes around dissing Paul Pierce. At least PP34 is a future HoFer unlike this bum.

« Reply #1739 on: March 20, 2018, 01:10:49 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I would take Draymond on this team in a heartbeat.

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Green
Horford

Rozier
Smart
Tatum
Morris
Theis

God I'ld love that team. That team is winning multiple chips.

Sure, having Green as your 7th most important player would be great.