Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 200137 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #1500 on: February 25, 2018, 08:25:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Man, I think OKC could really give GS fits in the playoffs.

With Butler and Kawhi out, I think OKC gets to that 3 spot. GS better buckle down and get that first seed, because they could be in some real trouble if they have to see OKC in the second round and then Houston in the WCF without homecourt advantage.
I didn't see the game but what in a 32 point loss made you think OKC can hang with Golden State?

When OK3 goes 3-18 from deep and Paul George has the night he has, then OKC obviously gets blown out.

I still think GSW > OKC in a playoff series, but I wouldn't let last night's game be representative of the Thunder team. Westbrook had a bad night too.

But as we've seen, when the OK3 have solid nights, they can beat anybody, including the Warriors who they are 2-1 against in this season.

I do think Westbrook needs to tone it down at times. When OKC needed something while GSW started pulling away, all Westbrook did was jack up 40 footers, or drive into quadruple teams and then make a bad pass or try a horrid shot attempt. He's an electric player but can be really inefficient and inconsistent as well.
losing Roberson made the matchup no longer intriguing.

I'll say it certainly is a bummer. I'm surprised they didn't try to go hard after someone to possibly replace Roberson for the time being, but maybe they just didn't have the assets or cap situation to pull it off.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1501 on: February 25, 2018, 10:00:35 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm sure Brett Brown is a fine coach, but he may be the last person to realize that Holmes is his best option next to Embiid.  Bless our friend Amir, though.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1502 on: February 26, 2018, 09:31:41 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
So glad we have Jaylen Brown.  That young man transforms into an animal on the fast break.

« Reply #1503 on: February 27, 2018, 09:05:22 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Man nets have a 100 on cavs with 9 minutes left. Cavs are down 1. They will probably still win game but bloom is definitely off the rose on their new role players. If they lose this watch out!

« Reply #1504 on: February 27, 2018, 09:14:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Charlotte may be the most stuck team in the league. Outside of monk (who does not look good so far) they are playing all vets Howard, walker, batum, zeller. How do they become relevant?

« Reply #1505 on: February 27, 2018, 09:24:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Charlotte may be the most stuck team in the league. Outside of monk (who does not look good so far) they are playing all vets Howard, walker, batum, zeller. How do they become relevant?

Don't forget, they also have Kaminsky.

« Reply #1506 on: February 27, 2018, 09:24:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Win or lose, that Brooklyn dropped 120 points on Cleveland tells you all you need to know about how much the new guys are effecting the defense

« Reply #1507 on: February 27, 2018, 09:25:51 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

My man Guillermo is going to take them to the next level.

« Reply #1508 on: February 27, 2018, 09:27:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Don't forget, they also have Kaminsky.

He has improved as little as any young player from entering the league

« Reply #1509 on: February 27, 2018, 09:39:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
The 76ers play hard.  Their recent games have had a playoff feel.  I get a lot of people don't like them here, but they are fun to watch.

« Reply #1510 on: February 27, 2018, 09:43:37 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Man nets have a 100 on cavs with 9 minutes left. Cavs are down 1. They will probably still win game but bloom is definitely off the rose on their new role players. If they lose this watch out!

the bloom will be back on soon enough, have you seen their remaining schedule? Absurdly easy. Wow. They could take a great majority of those games. I see one top opponent the rest of the way and that's Toronto twice. The only other games they may face some stiff comp is Mil, Den 2x, Philly 2x and Was. I'm not convinced any of those teams are much better than them, maybe Was who has won a lot without Wall but the Cavs have a cakewalk otherwise.   
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #1511 on: February 27, 2018, 09:43:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The 76ers play hard.  Their recent games have had a playoff feel.  I get a lot of people don't like them here, but they are fun to watch.

Yeah, Embiid has been killing it, and adding Belinelli and Ilyasova helps give them a vet presence and much needed shooting. With those two and Reddick, they can really spread the floor for Embiid and Simmons.

Saric is a very nice complement to Embiid and Simmons as well.

« Reply #1512 on: February 27, 2018, 09:58:37 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Yeah, Embiid has been killing it, and adding Belinelli and Ilyasova helps give them a vet presence and much needed shooting. With those two and Reddick, they can really spread the floor for Embiid and Simmons.

Yep, I think they'll be a tough out.  Embiid is a competitive guy, seems to play every game with a purpose.

« Reply #1513 on: February 27, 2018, 10:03:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Yep, I think they'll be a tough out.  Embiid is a competitive guy, seems to play every game with a purpose.

Did you guys just skip their game yesterday? They have some really fun players but they lead the league in turnovers and that is not a recipe for playoff success. I would much rather face them than a lot of these other teams in the playoffs m
Edit: as I was typing this they fouled Wade on a 3 point attempt to give him a chance to tie the game. They are incredibly young. Except for that one amazing thunder team with 3 future mvps, young teams struggle in the playoffs...

« Reply #1514 on: February 27, 2018, 10:09:21 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Did you guys just skip their game yesterday? They have some really fun players but they lead the league in turnovers and that is not a recipe for playoff success. I would much rather face them than a lot of these other teams in the playoffs m
Edit: as I was typing this they fouled Wade on a 3 point attempt to give him a chance to tie the game. They are incredibly young. Except for that one amazing thunder team with 3 future mvps, young teams struggle in the playoffs...

So yes. 24 turnovers and blow a 10 point 4th quarter lead. That's about as big an exhibit for a young team I could put together