Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 199982 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #1485 on: February 24, 2018, 10:34:22 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Man, I think OKC could really give GS fits in the playoffs.

With Butler and Kawhi out, I think OKC gets to that 3 spot. GS better buckle down and get that first seed, because they could be in some real trouble if they have to see OKC in the second round and then Houston in the WCF without homecourt advantage.

They ain't competing against anyone, especially after they lost their best all around defender in Roberson.

« Reply #1486 on: February 24, 2018, 11:05:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

With Butler and Kawhi out, I think OKC gets to that 3 spot. GS better buckle down and get that first seed, because they could be in some real trouble if they have to see OKC in the second round and then Houston in the WCF without homecourt advantage.
I didn't see the game but what in a 32 point loss made you think OKC can hang with Golden State?

« Reply #1487 on: February 24, 2018, 11:58:22 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Lol Zaza playing dirty again, trying to injure Westbrook like he did to Kawhi last playoffs.

What kind of dumb fall is that...intentional IMO.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1488 on: February 25, 2018, 01:11:13 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

I didn't see the game but what in a 32 point loss made you think OKC can hang with Golden State?

I believe the season series is still 2-1 to OKC. No?
- LilRip

« Reply #1489 on: February 25, 2018, 01:55:18 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I believe the Thunder thumped GSW in one of those wins as well.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1490 on: February 25, 2018, 01:57:59 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

I believe the Thunder thumped GSW in one of those wins as well.

One or two of those OKC wins were probably without one of Curry/Thompson/Durant/Green/Iggy

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1491 on: February 25, 2018, 10:00:33 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
The 4th through 7th teams in the East all have 25 losses after last night and Cleveland is only 2 games ahead with 23 losses. 

« Reply #1492 on: February 25, 2018, 10:30:04 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

At the time I posted it was mid-third with OKC up 1, and even with the loss OKC is up 2-1 on the season series, same as Houston with GS. OKC’s length and D present challenges for the turnover-happy Warriors.

Both George (1-15) and Russ (4-15) even had one of their worst games of the season simultaneously, yet they were still in it in the third. I just think GS should be afraid of having to go through both OKC and Houston in the playoffs, given that they’ve struggled against them this year going 2-4 so far.

« Reply #1493 on: February 25, 2018, 05:53:28 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Cavs embarrassing themselves on national tv again. Jordan clarkson isn't walking through that door

« Reply #1494 on: February 25, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Lebron really frustrated. Aldridge scores and Lebron smacks the ball off the wall then throws it away, then CLE calls a timeout. How the hell does Lebron not get a technical there...  ::)

And boy, can't wait for the excuses to poor in for CLE. "OH LEBRON NEEDS HELP. THEY DIDN'T HAVE KEVIN LOVE!!" all while San Antonio wins by 10+ on the road without Leonard and Gay...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1495 on: February 25, 2018, 05:58:35 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Lebron really frustrated. Aldridge scores and Lebron smacks the ball off the wall then throws it away, then CLE calls a timeout. How the hell does Lebron not get a technical there...  ::)
he's LeBron!!! He can do anything he wants
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1496 on: February 25, 2018, 06:02:50 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

I totally agree. What would make the Warrior's road to the finals even harder would be having to play a team like the wolves or spurs in the first round, too. Minnesota/San Antonio (With Butler and Leonard back), OKC, at  Houston would be a really tough schedule.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #1497 on: February 25, 2018, 06:06:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

When OK3 goes 3-18 from deep and Paul George has the night he has, then OKC obviously gets blown out.

I still think GSW > OKC in a playoff series, but I wouldn't let last night's game be representative of the Thunder team. Westbrook had a bad night too.

But as we've seen, when the OK3 have solid nights, they can beat anybody, including the Warriors who they are 2-1 against in this season.

I do think Westbrook needs to tone it down at times. When OKC needed something while GSW started pulling away, all Westbrook did was jack up 40 footers, or drive into quadruple teams and then make a bad pass or try a horrid shot attempt. He's an electric player but can be really inefficient and inconsistent as well.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1498 on: February 25, 2018, 07:11:31 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Ben Simmons is the best passer in the NBA at 21 y/o.
Honestly, I think James, Paul, Rondo and Lonzo Ball, who is 20, are all better. But he is a great passer to be sure.

Yeah, I wasn't basing my opinion on assist averages... just what I see.  You should add Harden in that case.  I believe Simmons has the best version and flexibility to deliver, though. 

Ben Simmons is the best passer in the NBA at 21 y/o.
Honestly, I think James, Paul, Rondo and Lonzo Ball, who is 20, are all better. But he is a great passer to be sure.

I would add Jokic and Teodosic too.

Jokic is a very good passer; I've fortunately never seen Teodosic play.  I would add Shaquille Harrison as well.
I didnt base mine off assist numbers either. Also, Shaquille Harrison? really?

Harden is a good passer, but I don't put him in the same tier as the guys I listed.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1499 on: February 25, 2018, 07:12:04 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

When OK3 goes 3-18 from deep and Paul George has the night he has, then OKC obviously gets blown out.

I still think GSW > OKC in a playoff series, but I wouldn't let last night's game be representative of the Thunder team. Westbrook had a bad night too.

But as we've seen, when the OK3 have solid nights, they can beat anybody, including the Warriors who they are 2-1 against in this season.

I do think Westbrook needs to tone it down at times. When OKC needed something while GSW started pulling away, all Westbrook did was jack up 40 footers, or drive into quadruple teams and then make a bad pass or try a horrid shot attempt. He's an electric player but can be really inefficient and inconsistent as well.
losing Roberson made the matchup no longer intriguing.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.