Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 199923 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #1170 on: January 28, 2018, 05:07:43 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
It'll be interesting to see how much the loss of Roberson affects OKC.  Per https://twitter.com/MicahAdams13:

Westbrook, George, Carmelo, Adams all on the floor together this season...

Def rating with Roberson: 96.6
Def rating without Roberson: 114.5

One man causes a 4 man rotation to go from worst to first defensively.

Major blow to OKC defense.

« Reply #1171 on: January 28, 2018, 07:14:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Pistons up 61-58 on the Cavaliers at half time. Cavaliers defense looking bad again.

Meanwhile, Isaiah having another bad game, with just 4 points on 1/6 shooting.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1172 on: January 28, 2018, 07:21:58 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Pistons up 61-58 on the Cavaliers at half time. Cavaliers defense looking bad again.

Also worth noting that the Pistons are once again playing well without AB.

Fairly disturbing trend for him that's continued since leaving Boston; his teams improve when he's not on the floor.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1173 on: January 28, 2018, 08:11:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston needs to get going. Toronto 1 game out of first. Think it is very important for Boston not to have to go through Cleveland and Toronto in the playoffs.

« Reply #1174 on: January 28, 2018, 08:15:20 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Also worth noting that the Pistons are once again playing well without AB.

Fairly disturbing trend for him that's continued since leaving Boston; his teams improve when he's not on the floor.

The interesting thing about Avery is that advanced stats don't back him up as an elite defender. I think he's a very good on ball defender and that's contributed to a lot of hype, but his team defense is mediocre.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1175 on: January 28, 2018, 08:15:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Interesting to note that IT has not played down the stretch here in Cleveland. He’s played primarily with the bench as their scorer, which I think is probably his best fit on this team.

« Reply #1176 on: January 28, 2018, 08:18:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Boston needs to get going. Toronto 1 game out of first. Think it is very important for Boston not to have to go through Cleveland and Toronto in the playoffs.

True, but I'm happy as it's the Lakers that lost. Just gotta believe from here on out  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1177 on: January 30, 2018, 08:34:47 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Yikes. Love went back to the locker room holding his hand, and he's currently getting x-rays to check for a broken hand, which he's had before in his career. That'd be a major blow to an already struggling Cavs team.

« Reply #1178 on: January 30, 2018, 08:58:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Interesting to note that IT has not played down the stretch here in Cleveland. He’s played primarily with the bench as their scorer, which I think is probably his best fit on this team.

he s not going to be happy play n second  string

« Reply #1179 on: January 30, 2018, 09:12:17 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Yikes. Love went back to the locker room holding his hand, and he's currently getting x-rays to check for a broken hand, which he's had before in his career. That'd be a major blow to an already struggling Cavs team.

They just reported it was a dislocation, not a break. I'm not sure what the rehab time on that it, but you'd think that would be better than a break.

« Reply #1180 on: January 30, 2018, 09:14:29 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

They just reported it was a dislocation, not a break. I'm not sure what the rehab time on that it, but you'd think that would be better than a break.

lol

It's a non-displaced fracture. I'm sure that's what "Dr. Scott" meant to say. So in layman's terms, he broke his hand.

« Reply #1181 on: January 30, 2018, 09:17:04 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

lol

It's a non-displaced fracture. I'm sure that's what "Dr. Scott" meant to say. So in layman's terms, he broke his hand.

Yep, this is what McMenamin is reporting. Tough blow for Cleveland.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/958523157085868032

The X-ray on Kevin Love's left hand revealed a non-displaced fracture in his left hand fifth metacarpal. Love will not return to play tonight. His status will be updated after additional examination and consultation tomorrow in Cleveland, per the Cavs.

So you have to wonder where this takes them regarding the trade deadline now.

EDIT: I'm seeing 6-8 weeks projected recovery time. Ouch!

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/958523220470190080

Kevin Love likely out 6-8 weeks

« Reply #1182 on: January 30, 2018, 09:20:16 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

lol

The X-ray on Kevin Love's left hand revealed a non-displaced fracture in his left hand fifth metacarpal. Love will not return to play tonight. His status will be updated after additional examination and consultation tomorrow in Cleveland, per the Cavs.

Gotchya. I just caught the tail end of the report. Maybe they had prefaced it more.

Thanks for the clarification.

« Reply #1183 on: January 30, 2018, 09:21:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

lol

Nik Vucevic sustained a similar injury on Dec 23rd and is still out.

« Reply #1184 on: January 30, 2018, 09:24:34 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

lol

Gotchya. I just caught the tail end of the report. Maybe they had prefaced it more.

Thanks for the clarification.

No, you wrote it exactly how he stated it. I was watching the game and it was so obvious that he misspoke when he described as a dislocation of the fifth metacarpal.