Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 199919 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #1095 on: January 20, 2018, 06:02:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
IT’s offense looking good. Looks like last year’s IT today.

Unfortunately for the Cavs, that’s not going to help their God-awful D, and IT only makes their perimeter D that much worse.

I think someone like DJ would definitely help their D and rebounding, but that still wouldn’t do crap for their lackluster perimeter D.

Good for IT. He's finally going to get his well deserved pay day if he keeps this up.

Nobody is giving IT big money. Guy does not deserve it

Some team will throw some cash at him. Maybe the Kings if they can send out some of those really bad contracts they signed players to this year.

« Reply #1096 on: January 20, 2018, 06:02:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Yeah, that looks like a Lebron James who is already looking towards next year.

« Reply #1097 on: January 20, 2018, 06:03:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Am I petty for being happy that Lebron won't get his 30,000th point at home?

« Reply #1098 on: January 20, 2018, 06:07:02 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Unfortunately for the Cavs, that’s not going to help their God-awful D, and IT only makes their perimeter D that much worse.

I think someone like DJ would definitely help their D and rebounding, but that still wouldn’t do crap for their lackluster perimeter D.

Good for IT. He's finally going to get his well deserved pay day if he keeps this up.

Some team will throw some cash at him. Maybe the Kings if they can send out some of those really bad contracts they signed players to this year.

He is not getting that Brinks truck

« Reply #1099 on: January 20, 2018, 06:41:08 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Cavs will be fine, I'm not going to get happy yet! Seen this movie before. I want to know why people keep assuming people want the BKN pick with as much value as people think it has? Remember that DA said he tried to trade the BKN picks a few times before and no teams would bite. Maybe people want young players already in the league for their good players, cavs have none of those. I'm sure they will be able to get something for it but it won't be a really good established player. Maybe DJ, he is really good and established but in this league, it's not really that great of a get, especially when looking up at GSW.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #1100 on: January 20, 2018, 07:29:49 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Can't write off LeBron, but holy hell are the Cavs bad at defense.

« Reply #1101 on: January 20, 2018, 07:53:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Warriors have like 10 knock down shooters ,  all are 6- 12 inches taller than IT .   So there is nobody for him to stop.   Warrior vs Cavs is 5 on 4 on offense .   IT scor s 30 , he gives up 12 or 14 points in easy jumpers to guys like Curry , Iggy , KT and KD all game .    IT is great on awful shooting team like when he came on Celtics .   Cavs don't need his offense .....they need Bradleys and Smarts to play defense on some people.

« Reply #1102 on: January 20, 2018, 07:55:51 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

He is not getting that Brinks truck

Let's not underestimate the prevalence of foolish GMs; seems like, no matter how many bad contracts are regularly handed out, there are always a couple of GMs who don't learn (from their mistakes or the mistakes of others), and instead give in to whatever pressure there is (real or not) to win now—"Hey, look! I just signed a guy who can score 20+ a game! I must be doing my job well!"

Today's game seems like a new low. The Thunder shot 58% (!)—and almost 47% on threes—and would've easily surpassed 150 points if they'd shot their free throws well.

Yeah, I'm not writing off the LeBrons yet, but this is the worst any LeBron team has looked during the regular season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1103 on: January 20, 2018, 08:18:57 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
LeBron is a diva and probably demands too much power within any organization he's a part of.....but I hope Ainge gives him a call after Game 4 of the Finals.

« Reply #1104 on: January 20, 2018, 08:33:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
LeBron is a diva and probably demands too much power within any organization he's a part of.....but I hope Ainge gives him a call after Game 4 of the Finals.

Yeah, he might come to Boston after we’ve finished our sweep of the Warriors.

« Reply #1105 on: January 20, 2018, 08:38:41 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Any sane organization should not give him power over their team. Lebron is aging and he should drop his ego before its too late. Learn to play within a system that doesn't revolve around him if he wants to expand his legacy.

« Reply #1106 on: January 20, 2018, 09:20:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Hornets blew a 10 pt lead with 3 minutes left in game...

Game tied with 0.2 seconds left in game, and Dwight fouls olynyk

« Reply #1107 on: January 20, 2018, 09:24:42 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Yeah, he might come to Boston after we’ve finished our sweep of the Warriors.
haha I was thinking the same

« Reply #1108 on: January 20, 2018, 10:06:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Dang!!! No one on Cleveland, Houston or GSW wanted to play defense today.

« Reply #1109 on: January 20, 2018, 10:09:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

We'll tell Lebron to sign with the MLE, and also offer him the bonus services of being coached by Brad Stevens (so total value of the signing is a max contract for LBJ)  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller