Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 199869 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #1035 on: January 15, 2018, 10:58:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Raps, Cavs and Heat all lose. Great night for our seeding chances. Really starting to feel like we'll be the 1 seed again.

A Raptors-Cavs 2nd round match-up is certainly preferable from a Cs fan perspective. At this point, I hope the Cavs can hang on to the 3rd seed. They have been awful lately!

Edit: Okay, I basically said what everybody else said so TPs to you guys!

I am praying Miami stays in the 4 hole and can win the first series. I think Boston would beat them in 4 or 5 games.

« Reply #1036 on: January 15, 2018, 11:00:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
We've just gotta hope the Heat or Wizards don't catch the Cavs and drop them to 4.

« Reply #1037 on: January 15, 2018, 11:00:28 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I didn't think Cavs played all that bad. They were trying their hardest IMO. They even tried to defend most of the time. LBJ looked gassed though and they had a few days off so I don't know.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #1038 on: January 15, 2018, 11:02:44 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I didn't think Cavs played all that bad. They were trying their hardest IMO. They even tried to defend most of the time. LBJ looked gassed though and they had a few days off so I don't know.

Cavs were done at the half. They came out with no energy and got ran out of the building. This happens EVERY night. Last game the Pacers had a huge 3rd quarter and got the lead after being down 22.

A go to line up of James, IT, Wade, Love and Smith is just terrible

« Reply #1039 on: January 15, 2018, 11:15:31 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Cavs were done at the half. They came out with no energy and got ran out of the building. This happens EVERY night. Last game the Pacers had a huge 3rd quarter and got the lead after being down 22.

They were down around 2-4 going into the 4th IIRC. I think the game was won when they started attacking IT on D. I don't know why they weren't doing it all game. When they did the Cavs D folded. What also got them was LBJ had to defend, that took it out of him. Another thing GSW did that I didn't see as much in the first half (don't remember anyway), they switched more on D. The change to Looney helped a lot also.

Kerr made some excellent second half decisions. That's good coaching, Cavs better hope Lue has that in him this season. COME ON EAST non-Cavs!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #1040 on: January 15, 2018, 11:20:23 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I don't think these games matter much.  Maybe they're loosely used as a measuring stick by the two teams, but ultimately playoff basketball is a much different beast.  And the Cavs will continue to be scary not just because of LeBron, but because they've been there, done that.  Fwf made a good point -- drawing them at #4 would be a really tough outcome.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1041 on: January 15, 2018, 11:26:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

The no defense line up.

« Reply #1042 on: January 15, 2018, 11:58:17 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
I don't think these games matter much.  Maybe they're loosely used as a measuring stick by the two teams, but ultimately playoff basketball is a much different beast.  And the Cavs will continue to be scary not just because of LeBron, but because they've been there, done that.  Fwf made a good point -- drawing them at #4 would be a really tough outcome.

I think you're right -- history tends to repeat itself.  TP, tar.

« Reply #1043 on: January 16, 2018, 12:23:54 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I think you both are really on to something here! TP @tarheels and @tarheels!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1044 on: January 16, 2018, 12:36:38 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Lol what

« Reply #1045 on: January 16, 2018, 03:02:19 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
To quote the great Paul Pierce " It's like a puppy and a pitbull"...

This really was how the game was. Cavs are at a lower level with a bunch of other teams (and below healthy Houston )

« Reply #1046 on: January 16, 2018, 05:28:17 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Seems like I missed an interesting day of basketball.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #1047 on: January 16, 2018, 06:12:51 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Cleveland remind me of that Miami Heat team after they won the title in 2006. The team that completely capitulated in the playoffs. Got hammered by a young Bulls team. All it took was a young, aggressive and athletic team. The Heat just couldn't cope. Too old, too slow.

Cleveland = just too many old players. Not enough speed or athleticism. Too many defensive liabilities. Terrible team D.

This isn't something they can turn on or off. This is who they are. And they will get bounced before the Finals because of it. Some younger athletic team will take them out.

« Reply #1048 on: January 16, 2018, 08:53:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
So after playing an easy Magic team this Thursday, the next two games for the Cavaliers are vs. OKC, then @San Antonio. Might go 1-2 the next three games and cause even more tension in CLE.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1049 on: January 17, 2018, 11:19:42 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Disclaimer: The slow-motion is kinda gruesome for the queasy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxuZbP78JqY

Looked painful.  He's improved a lot this year and is fun to watch.  Still rooting for the local kid to succeed (and not prove half of us wrong).