Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 202744 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #765 on: January 02, 2018, 09:35:00 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
19 minutes and 16 points tonight for IT. When he is fully back watch for a very long Cavs winning streak where they overtake Boston and Toronto

maybe if the cavs keep him coming off the bench playing against 2nd stringers.  that isn't going to happen though.  he is going to start.  I think his impact is going to be smaller when he is starting.
Right, because IT scored all his points versus bench scrubs last year. ::)

lol that wasn't what I meant.  The C's didn't have Lebron last year, so that might have just a smidge impact on his usage / shot attempts.  Then again, maybe I am crazy?

« Reply #766 on: January 02, 2018, 09:40:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Cavs bench is much better than ours. Reality.

« Reply #767 on: January 02, 2018, 09:40:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Cue the overreactions. They're playing the god dang Blazers for crying out loud

On the second night of a back to back, no less.

« Reply #768 on: January 02, 2018, 09:43:51 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

2nd that. But that was true even before GH went down.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #769 on: January 02, 2018, 09:43:53 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

That's before or after Isaiah moves to the starting lineup?

« Reply #770 on: January 02, 2018, 09:48:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

It certainly looks like it.  Good jeff green, amped IT, rested D Wade, T Thompson slamming the boards.  Do we have a decent counter for those guys?  IT will be starting so he wont be coming off the bench.

JGreen - Morris
Calderon - Rozier
Wade - Smart
T Thompson - Baynes / Theis

We match up better with the Cavs versus last years squad.   Our team just needs to start to gel a bit more, and get over the hump with these nagging injuries.

I think we match up ok with the Cavs except for Lebron. 

« Reply #771 on: January 02, 2018, 09:51:02 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

It certainly looks like it.  Good jeff green, amped IT, rested D Wade, T Thompson slamming the boards.  Do we have a decent counter for those guys?  IT will be starting so he wont be coming off the bench.

JGreen - Morris
Calderon - Rozier
Wade - Smart

We match up better with the Cavs versus last years squad.   Our team just needs to start to gel a bit more, and get over the hump with these nagging injuries.

Just curious...who on the Cavs defends Kyrie?

« Reply #772 on: January 02, 2018, 09:52:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

JGreen - Morris
Calderon - Rozier
Wade - Smart

Just curious...who on the Cavs defends Kyrie?

That would be IT....lol

« Reply #773 on: January 02, 2018, 09:52:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
19 minutes and 16 points tonight for IT. When he is fully back watch for a very long Cavs winning streak where they overtake Boston and Toronto

maybe if the cavs keep him coming off the bench playing against 2nd stringers.  that isn't going to happen though.  he is going to start.  I think his impact is going to be smaller when he is starting.

lol that wasn't what I meant.  The C's didn't have Lebron last year, so that might have just a smidge impact on his usage / shot attempts.  Then again, maybe I am crazy?
Kyrie led Cleveland in usage% last year. I am sure Lebron would give plenty of on the ball time to IT to get his 25+ PPG and 6APG. He did for Kyrie.

« Reply #774 on: January 02, 2018, 09:55:05 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Kyrie led Cleveland in usage% last year. I am sure Lebron would give plenty of on the ball time to IT to get his 25+ PPG and 6APG. He did for Kyrie.

Ok, just stop it with your logic and common sense.  :)

In my mind what I was comparing was IT shots per game with us last year, and what he might get this year.  Is IT going to average 19 shots a game with Lebron and Love?  Maybe, but maybe not.

« Reply #775 on: January 02, 2018, 09:56:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Ok, just stop it with your logic and common sense. 

In my mind what I was comparing was IT shots per game with us last year, and what he might get this year.  Is IT going to average 19 shots a game with Lebron and Love?  Maybe, but maybe not.
TP

« Reply #776 on: January 02, 2018, 10:00:12 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Ok, just stop it with your logic and common sense.  :)

I don't think he should - Kevin Love has been fantastic for them so far this season. Easily the most comfortable he's looked in Cleveland, I think you have to keep him involved offensively which should mean less shots for IT. Will that happen? Idk.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #777 on: January 02, 2018, 10:01:29 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Ok, just stop it with your logic and common sense. 

TP

Right back at ya.  IT shot lights out tonight.  Let's see if he can get his mobility back to almost 100% before the playoffs, who knows how bad that hip really is? 

« Reply #778 on: January 02, 2018, 10:08:49 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

The #7 seeded Blazers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #779 on: January 02, 2018, 10:15:23 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

The #7 seeded Blazers.

Sure, but the Cavs were at home, hadn't played since Saturday, and the Blazers were on the second night of a back-to-back and that game went to OT.