Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 199909 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #495 on: November 15, 2017, 11:45:01 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Brook Lopez is a terrible 3 pt shooter. Wide open and bricked
He's shooting 35% so he is not a terrible 3pt shooter.  If he is, what does that make Smart? 

« Reply #496 on: November 16, 2017, 12:18:58 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Brook Lopez is a terrible 3 pt shooter. Wide open and bricked
He's shooting 35% so he is not a terrible 3pt shooter.  If he is, what does that make Smart?
true

Those laker uniforms are hideous , they’re wearing those minepolis throwbacks

« Reply #497 on: November 16, 2017, 12:50:25 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Watching Embiid dominate Randal is so great.  Convert that pick!

« Reply #498 on: November 16, 2017, 12:55:09 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Randle is going to have nightmares tonight about the abuse Embiid is subjecting him to.

« Reply #499 on: November 16, 2017, 01:21:37 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Randle is going to have nightmares tonight about the abuse Embiid is subjecting him to.
Randle smiled in the 4qtr like that meant nothing. Not a good sign when guys are trying to hide failures by smiles. (Many of us do use that defensive mechanism, but it is not aesthetically pleasing)
He needs to find the 3pt range, that is the only way I don't see his draft position as a failure.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:32:12 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #500 on: November 16, 2017, 01:24:05 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
And Kris Dunn had been playing so well.  Sigh.

Dunn is a total bust. He was old as a rookie, and he has shown absolutely no signs of improvement. I still remember when a bunch of people were p---ed the Celtics took Jaylen over him on draft night.
The only reason why people wanted Dunn is to trade him for Jimmy Butler or Noel.
that was not the only reason. He went to providence.

« Reply #501 on: November 16, 2017, 11:06:37 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Listening to the Cavaliers broadcast team as a non-Cavs fan (especially Austin Carr the color commentator) must be what it's like for our opponents to listen to Tommy.

I find them unbearable, but since I live in Cleveland I always have to watch their feed to watch Cavs games.  :-\

I hate this guy too, but no reason to be racist.

« Reply #502 on: November 16, 2017, 11:15:32 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Listening to the Cavaliers broadcast team as a non-Cavs fan (especially Austin Carr the color commentator) must be what it's like for our opponents to listen to Tommy.

I find them unbearable, but since I live in Cleveland I always have to watch their feed to watch Cavs games.  :-\

This is either a really bad joke, or you are unaware 'color commentator' is a legit term.

« Reply #503 on: November 16, 2017, 11:20:33 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

This is either a really bad joke, or you are unaware 'color commentator' is a legit term.

Yikes!

Yeah, I thought the term "color commentator" for broadcasting was pretty well-known.

« Reply #504 on: November 16, 2017, 01:26:58 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff

Yikes!

Yeah, I thought the term "color commentator" for broadcasting was pretty well-known.

Yes, I'm familiar with the term. Was just screwing around with you  ;D.

« Reply #505 on: November 16, 2017, 02:05:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Yikes!

Now I am confused. Was Jpotter trying to be racist or not? I generally like your posts, but that doesn't seem very cool.

« Reply #506 on: November 16, 2017, 02:56:21 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff

Yikes!

Now I am confused. Was Jpotter trying to be racist or not? I generally like your posts, but that doesn't seem very cool.

I purposely misinterpreted that sentence, since without the proper meaning it looks like such ''a casually racist remark'' that it would make the post by jpotter33 very offensive.

So taken out of context I could falsely accuse him for being racist, while he was completely caught off guard. This is really funny to me since it's such an absurd turn of events from a post that nobody would see any harm in and now by my deliberate misinterpretation he has to defend himself for not being a racist.

It's also a joke that sarcastically criticizes the PC culture where everybody gets offended for no good reason and accuse others for discrimination or racism on dubious grounds without perspective.

I like my joke here and won't apologize for it. I hope jpotter33 can see the humor in it and if he does he deserves a TP.

« Reply #507 on: November 16, 2017, 03:08:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Yikes!

I purposely misinterpreted that sentence, since without the proper meaning it looks like such ''a casually racist remark'' that it would make the post by jpotter33 very offensive.

So taken out of context I could falsely accuse him for being racist, while he was completely caught off guard. This is really funny to me since it's such an absurd turn of events from a post that nobody would see any harm in and now by my deliberate misinterpretation he has to defend himself for not being a racist.

It's also a joke that sarcastically criticizes the PC culture where everybody gets offended for no good reason and accuse others for discrimination or racism on dubious grounds without perspective.

I like my joke here and won't apologize for it. I hope jpotter33 can see the humor in it and if he does he deserves a TP.

Ha! Good, I figured you were making light of how the sentence sounds out of context, but some people legitimately might not know that term and think it was me being offensive. TP.

« Reply #508 on: November 16, 2017, 03:59:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Yikes!

Ha! Good, I figured you were making light of how the sentence sounds out of context, but some people legitimately might not know that term and think it was me being offensive. TP.

I got the joke. I was doing a charade to prompt for chaos and confusion. I would like to be the Nathan Felder of this board.

« Reply #509 on: November 16, 2017, 04:01:58 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff

Yikes!

I got the joke. I was doing a charade to prompt for chaos and confusion. I would like to be the Nathan Felder of this board.

TP for the attempt  ;).