Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 199966 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #285 on: November 02, 2017, 09:34:50 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Anyone else find Kerr's sideline antics a bit distasteful? You can always make out him dropping the F bomb aimed at refs, and just now in San Antonio during an early first quarter blowout you can make out him on the sideline yelling "F you, MFers!" to the refs.

I mean, I know we're really spoiled with Brad's demeanor, but that seems to cross a line, especially on national TV.

Never was a fan of Kerr's
ok fine

« Reply #286 on: November 02, 2017, 09:39:48 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Kerr is overrated. How do you lose 3 games so early with that roster?

« Reply #287 on: November 02, 2017, 09:57:01 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Gasol with the matador defense.

« Reply #288 on: November 02, 2017, 10:13:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Pau Gasol is hurting the Spurs. Especially on the defensive end.

Guy looks like he aged another 10 years this offseason..  :o

Only makes me even more surprised they gave him that 3/48M extension...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #289 on: November 02, 2017, 10:16:10 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Yeah people saying the Aldridge deal was bad.....it has nothing on that Gasol deal.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #290 on: November 02, 2017, 10:19:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah people saying the Aldridge deal was bad.....it has nothing on that Gasol deal.

Yeah. Now that Aldridge is "doing his thing" and not trying to simply adapt to the Spurs system, he looks really good again, and should be the perfect #2 behind Kawhi when he comes back.

But Gasol just looks like a liability out there for the most part, and relying on him as the secondary/third option right now w/o Kawhi is proving to be a struggle, even for Pop.

« Reply #291 on: November 02, 2017, 10:20:47 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
To be fair, Ginobili is just as bad (at least in this game)

« Reply #292 on: November 02, 2017, 10:21:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I will say, I know they are w/o Kawhi, but it seems like this is becoming the norm. Spurs get out to great start, then Warriors come back and you forget the Spurs even led by 10+ at one point  :P

UPDATE: LOL Popovich gets ejected with his 2nd technical. Gets a standing O. Can't really blame him to be honest.

« Reply #293 on: November 02, 2017, 11:15:20 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Our friend Turner helping us get that lottery pick ;D

« Reply #294 on: November 03, 2017, 12:00:31 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

He has looked very good in a reduced role the last two years in my eyes.  Had the highest plus/minus on the team tonight as well.

« Reply #295 on: November 03, 2017, 06:49:18 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Other than the C's, the top records in the East currently belong to Orlando, Detroit, Indy and Charlotte.  Who'da thunk?

« Reply #296 on: November 03, 2017, 07:13:02 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Other than the C's, the top records in the East currently belong to Orlando, Detroit, Indy and Charlotte.  Who'da thunk?
I like it so far, even if the trend doesn't stick for long, it looks lively and competitive.
I think that Wizards will make a run at one point, maybe even sooner than later. They have a knack of making consecutive wins at home. I expect it now; Cleveland, Road game @ Toronto, Dallas, Lakers, Atlanta, Sacramento.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #297 on: November 03, 2017, 07:37:18 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Anyone else find Kerr's sideline antics a bit distasteful? You can always make out him dropping the F bomb aimed at refs, and just now in San Antonio during an early first quarter blowout you can make out him on the sideline yelling "F you, MFers!" to the refs.

I mean, I know we're really spoiled with Brad's demeanor, but that seems to cross a line, especially on national TV.

I like Kerr, but you are right he did go over the line a bit. Also, he is a smart guy and knows where the line is better than we do.
One thing I am certain is that proclaiming him as the best or top 3 coach is premature. Many media members think of him as No1 or No2. I would like to see him coach the Pels or Kings, even a team such as Utah before making that assessment. It is easier to drive a car like all road AUDI A6 Quatro SW than a Yugo, everyone keeps forgetting that.
I bet Pop, CBS, Spoelstra, Carlisle, maybe even SVG and a couple more coaches wouldn't do worse. 2 titles in the 3 years.

In case someone doesn't know what a Yugo is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN4UhS8cFTk
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:55:23 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #298 on: November 03, 2017, 08:00:16 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I like Kerr, but you are right he did go over the line a bit. Also, he is a smart guy and knows where the line is better than we do.
One thing I am certain is that proclaiming him as the best or top 3 coach is premature. Many media members think so. I would like to see him coach the Pels or Kings, even a team such as Utah before making that assessment. It is easier to drive a car like all road AUDI A6 Quatro SW than a Yugo, everyone keeps forgetting that.
I bet Pop, CBS, Spoelstra, Carlisle, Maybe even SVG and maybe even a couple more coaches wouldn't do worse. 2 titles in the 3 years.

Warriors did just fine with Walton running the show.  There are plenty of coaches that would do well with that much talent.  More of a personality question.  You want a coach that would subjugate their ego and just not rock the boat.  I'd put Rivers above Carlisle in that situation as an example. 

« Reply #299 on: November 03, 2017, 08:12:32 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

One thing I am certain is that proclaiming him as the best or top 3 coach is premature. Many media members think so. I would like to see him coach the Pels or Kings, even a team such as Utah before making that assessment. It is easier to drive a car like all road AUDI A6 Quatro SW than a Yugo, everyone keeps forgetting that.
I bet Pop, CBS, Spoelstra, Carlisle, Maybe even SVG and maybe even a couple more coaches wouldn't do worse. 2 titles in the 3 years.

Warriors did just fine with Walton running the show.  There are plenty of coaches that would do well with that much talent.  More of a personality question.  You want a coach that would subjugate their ego and just not rock the boat.  I'd put Rivers above Carlisle in that situation as an example.
Well, if by 'not rock the boat' you mean 'rarely plays young players and as a result burns out his starters', then I agree.  ;D