Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 199927 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2017, 10:09:38 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I like seeing what other fanbases think of us, here's a Cavs fan on Kyrie.

>Having watched a few celtics games this year, maybe Kyrie was never the problem when it came to the absolute dearth of ball movement. He looks like a very willing passer and a capable playmaker under Stevens, and that's with notably less help than he had in Cleveland.
Seems like the problem has been, and still is, the complete lack of an offense. I do remember seeing some chatter about how Lue would discourage Kyrie from being a playmaker and try to convince him to iso more. I'm not blaming Lue specifically, but the team culture, which, admittedly, is something the coach has a say in.
I'm more and more inclined to believe Kyrie was literally driven out by the culture of coasting, not caring, not giving 100% effort, etc., rather than Kyrie just straight up having beef with LeBron.

>Not a single player who has come to the Cavs has shown any signs of development, whether that's young players (Liggins, Felder, etc.) or others like Shump, JR, TT etc. If anything, several have regressed. And this is a team that hasn't changed ALL that much. Yes, there's a lotta new faces, but there's a LOT of continuity too. LBJ, JR, Love, TT, Frye, Shump, etc.
In comparison, this completely revamped Boston team, with SEVERAL very young players (Tatum, Brown, Rozier) and several completely new faces (Kyrie, Baynes, Morris, etc.) looks like a well-organized, cohesive team, DESPITE losing 4 of 5 starters from last season, losing their BEST player to an absolute freak injury in the first 6 minutes of their season. And everyone's game seems to be developing, on both ends of the floor.>

The post goes on for a couple of paragraphs and it first appeared here https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/79sh29/thoughts_on_kyrie_to_boston/

« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2017, 10:15:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Warriors looks mortal now. But Clippers is really good so far.

Warriors didn’t look very mortal last night.
Warriors look like the 2001 Lakers right now.

The Cavs look like they also think they are the 2001 Lakers right now.

Only one of them is right. Best case for the Cavs might be a 2010 Celtics type playoff run from a middling seed if they don't start getting better production from everyone other than LBJ/Love.

« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2017, 10:17:54 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Also the more I see of the rest of the league the more convinced I am the C's defense is for real.

Embiid and Porzingis have looked very good every time I've watched 76ers/Knicks when they weren't playing the C's.

« Reply #273 on: November 01, 2017, 08:47:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Cavaliers down 92-85 at end of the 3rd vs.... The Pacers.  ???

Even when IT comes back, that Cavaliers defense is bad.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #274 on: November 01, 2017, 09:36:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Safe to say the Cavs' season is in jeopardy? LeBron demanding heads to be gone? Demanding a trade?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #275 on: November 01, 2017, 09:38:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Warriors looks mortal now. But Clippers is really good so far.

Warriors didn’t look very mortal last night.
Warriors look like the 2001 Lakers right now.

The Cavs look like they also think they are the 2001 Lakers right now.

Only one of them is right. Best case for the Cavs might be a 2010 Celtics type playoff run from a middling seed if they don't start getting better production from everyone other than LBJ/Love.

They look like a 2013 Celtics playoff type team. Only LBJ and Love, and get ousted in the first-rounds...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2017, 09:38:41 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Safe to say the Cavs' season is in jeopardy? LeBron demanding heads to be gone? Demanding a trade?

Planning his escape!

« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2017, 09:40:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Planning his escape!

... To Boston!

Then we'll actually get the 8 championships he promised Miami  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #278 on: November 01, 2017, 10:17:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

IT4 going to drop 40 a game .....bring Lebron his 4 th ring.

« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2017, 10:22:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I like seeing what other fanbases think of us, here's a Cavs fan on Kyrie.

>Having watched a few celtics games this year, maybe Kyrie was never the problem when it came to the absolute dearth of ball movement. He looks like a very willing passer and a capable playmaker under Stevens, and that's with notably less help than he had in Cleveland.
Seems like the problem has been, and still is, the complete lack of an offense. I do remember seeing some chatter about how Lue would discourage Kyrie from being a playmaker and try to convince him to iso more. I'm not blaming Lue specifically, but the team culture, which, admittedly, is something the coach has a say in.
I'm more and more inclined to believe Kyrie was literally driven out by the culture of coasting, not caring, not giving 100% effort, etc., rather than Kyrie just straight up having beef with LeBron.

>Not a single player who has come to the Cavs has shown any signs of development, whether that's young players (Liggins, Felder, etc.) or others like Shump, JR, TT etc. If anything, several have regressed. And this is a team that hasn't changed ALL that much. Yes, there's a lotta new faces, but there's a LOT of continuity too. LBJ, JR, Love, TT, Frye, Shump, etc.
In comparison, this completely revamped Boston team, with SEVERAL very young players (Tatum, Brown, Rozier) and several completely new faces (Kyrie, Baynes, Morris, etc.) looks like a well-organized, cohesive team, DESPITE losing 4 of 5 starters from last season, losing their BEST player to an absolute freak injury in the first 6 minutes of their season. And everyone's game seems to be developing, on both ends of the floor.>

The post goes on for a couple of paragraphs and it first appeared here https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/79sh29/thoughts_on_kyrie_to_boston/

lue is no coach ...he is a flunky for Lebron....they had a real coach , Lebron ran him off .....studying plays hurt his large brain. and Lebron wants to play same non coached , no brain street ball he played in Miami .   Lebron and Wade are really not into playing for anybody .  .....but themselves .   Irving wanted a. normal TEAM .....Lebron pretends to play team ball.....by passing ...but he and Wade never read a play book .  They defy authority or structure , it will be no different if he leaves ...Lebron has to play for a nobody coach .....hes too good to be told how or when to play .  So basically he may have to stay in Cleveland where hey will let him have his yes man coach .   I wonder if Luke Walton wants to ruin his carrer . 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:28:20 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #280 on: November 01, 2017, 10:36:58 PM »

Offline Joyride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3

IT4 going to drop 40 a game .....bring Lebron his 4 th ring.

By the time IT comes back, the Cavs will be such a train wreck. IT will be playing for a contract, not Lebron’s next ring.

« Reply #281 on: November 01, 2017, 10:44:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
We need Dallas to win tonight to help get above lakers

« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2017, 08:38:09 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
No Kawhi, no problem. Spurs are manhandling the Warriors so far.

« Reply #283 on: November 02, 2017, 08:40:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Anyone else find Kerr's sideline antics a bit distasteful? You can always make out him dropping the F bomb aimed at refs, and just now in San Antonio during an early first quarter blowout you can make out him on the sideline yelling "F you, MFers!" to the refs.

I mean, I know we're really spoiled with Brad's demeanor, but that seems to cross a line, especially on national TV.

« Reply #284 on: November 02, 2017, 08:49:14 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
No Kawhi, no problem. Spurs are manhandling the Warriors so far.

They always start out hot against them and then get rolled.