Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 91839 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #480 on: November 15, 2017, 09:17:15 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1187
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm really liking this Charlotte lineup with Nicolas Batum in it. The floor is more open, and they get a secondary playmaker.

I wonder if they there's a move there that they can do and get a better shooting SG instead of playing Michael Kidd-Gilchrist in with the Kemba - Howard - Williams - Batum lineup? If they can get that 3 and D wing, that would just make the Dwight Howard/Kemba Walker pick and roll all the more deadly. Bring MKG off the bench to add some defensive intensity there.

But I don't know if there's a player there they can acquire.
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life."

- Red

« Reply #481 on: November 15, 2017, 09:44:53 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 424
Lebron with 4 fouls and Hornets couldn't capitalize.

« Reply #482 on: November 15, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Rajon Rondo
Charlotte bench is a joke

« Reply #483 on: November 15, 2017, 09:52:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 28
Listening to the Cavaliers broadcast team as a non-Cavs fan (especially Austin Carr the color commentator) must be what it's like for our opponents to listen to Tommy.

I find them unbearable, but since I live in Cleveland I always have to watch their feed to watch Cavs games.  :-\
Whatever crushes individuality is despotism, by whatever name it may be called and whether it professes to be enforcing the will of God or the injunctions of men.

« Reply #484 on: November 15, 2017, 10:03:28 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 354
Listening to the Cavaliers broadcast team as a non-Cavs fan (especially Austin Carr the color commentator) must be what it's like for our opponents to listen to Tommy.

I find them unbearable, but since I live in Cleveland I always have to watch their feed to watch Cavs games.  :-\
I find Tommy unbearable.  When he complains about foul calls, its basically a coin flip whether he's right. 

« Reply #485 on: November 15, 2017, 10:05:40 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 137
Bradley 5-9 from three and 23 for Pistons

Bledsoe Bux on top though in 4th.

Deeetroit is hot like C's..10-3

« Reply #486 on: November 15, 2017, 10:06:23 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 28

I find Tommy unbearable.  When he complains about foul calls, its basically a coin flip whether he's right.

Not a fan of Tommy either, but I can stand him because he's biased toward my team.

I completely understand why fans of other teams would hate watching our broadcast team, though Gorman is definitely one of the best play-by-play guys in the business.
Whatever crushes individuality is despotism, by whatever name it may be called and whether it professes to be enforcing the will of God or the injunctions of men.

« Reply #487 on: November 15, 2017, 10:31:48 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 880
  • Mr. Emoji
And Kris Dunn had been playing so well.  Sigh.

« Reply #488 on: November 15, 2017, 10:39:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 505

Dunn is a total bust. He was old as a rookie, and he has shown absolutely no signs of improvement. I still remember when a bunch of people were p---ed the Celtics took Jaylen over him on draft night.

« Reply #489 on: November 15, 2017, 10:45:47 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Rajon Rondo

Dunn is a total bust. He was old as a rookie, and he has shown absolutely no signs of improvement. I still remember when a bunch of people were p---ed the Celtics took Jaylen over him on draft night.
The only reason why people wanted Dunn is to trade him for Jimmy Butler or Noel.

« Reply #490 on: November 15, 2017, 10:46:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I was one of those people, but prior to tonight he had actually looked like a completely different player, scoring in double figures in 5 of his first 7 contests as opposed to last year when he only did so 7 times over 78 games.  How is that not improvement?

« Reply #491 on: November 15, 2017, 11:04:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin Garnett

I was one of those people, but prior to tonight he had actually looked like a completely different player, scoring in double figures in 5 of his first 7 contests as opposed to last year when he only did so 7 times over 78 games.  How is that not improvement?

Putting up more numbers from more playing time on a bad team doesn't mean improved play. He has not improved on any aspects of his game at all.

« Reply #492 on: November 15, 2017, 11:05:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin Garnett

The only reason why people wanted Dunn is to trade him for Jimmy Butler or Noel.

Which would have been a very bad decision in retrospect.

« Reply #493 on: November 15, 2017, 11:19:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Putting up more numbers from more playing time on a bad team doesn't mean improved play. He has not improved on any aspects of his game at all.

So upping his fg% from .377 last year to .429 coming into tonight doesn't count as improvement?  Seriously?

« Reply #494 on: November 15, 2017, 11:41:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 511
Brook Lopez is a terrible 3 pt shooter. Wide open and bricked