Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 201974 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #1680 on: March 13, 2018, 06:05:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Nance at the 5 over Thompson should've been a no-brainer after the trade occurred. Clearly, that hasn't been the case.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #1681 on: March 13, 2018, 06:29:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Nance at the 5 over Thompson should've been a no-brainer after the trade occurred. Clearly, that hasn't been the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lue is pulling his punches until the playoffs.  He's not a devious coach but that is the sort of thing he (and Bron) seem to like to do.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1682 on: March 13, 2018, 06:49:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

I wouldn't be surprised if Lue is pulling his punches until the playoffs.  He's not a devious coach but that is the sort of thing he (and Bron) seem to like to do.

Cavs fans were already commenting that Nance looks warn down compared to when he first arrived. Think Lue does a poor job managing rotations and matchups and basically anything a coach should do.

« Reply #1683 on: March 13, 2018, 06:51:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

If that's the case, then the Cavs really aren't going to be making that much noise in the playoffs... Nance was the clear cut better player in every aspects besides rebounding, and the numbers really aren't that far beyond each other to compensate the minuscule difference... Nance should've started the moment he came onto the Cavs hardwood floors... Thompson is just not that good... He's better off building his momentum and rhythm feasting against 2nd units, and getting himself going.

Cavs fans were already commenting that Nance looks warn down compared to when he first arrived. Think Lue does a poor job managing rotations and matchups and basically anything a coach should do.

I take Scott Brooks over Lue, but that's putting it lightly.

__

Like, how do you not know this about your own player that has been on the team for over a few weeks now?

Nance also became the first Cavs player besides James or Love with 20-plus points and 15-plus rebounds since Thompson did it more than four years ago (Feb. 2, 2014), according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Nance went 3-for-5 on jump shots from 17 feet or beyond against the Pistons, surprising his new team.

"I didn't know he could shoot it," Lue said. "He never shot it in L.A. But coming here, just watching him shoot, he has 3-point range also, which I didn't know. If he can continue to make that shot, it helps our offense out tremendously."

James said Nance's ability diversifies the offense.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:57:18 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #1684 on: March 13, 2018, 06:55:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I agree, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if he's waiting to use the lineup he thinks is best until the playoffs.

Not saying he's a good coach or that doing so will even work.

Anyway, I'm not trying to defend the Cavs here, I just think the Raps remain vulnerable.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1685 on: March 13, 2018, 08:46:14 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364

Lue isnt really a coach. he is a puppet for Lebron. most likely he just has no idea what he is doing.

« Reply #1686 on: March 13, 2018, 09:18:15 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Towns is DESTROYING the Wizards right now
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #1687 on: March 13, 2018, 09:43:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Another big win for Indiana tonight. This probably puts Philly out of contention for the 3 seed.

« Reply #1688 on: March 13, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Another big win for Indiana tonight. This probably puts Philly out of contention for the 3 seed.

I would love a 2nd round match up with Indiana.  Let Cleveland and Toronto go off on each other and wear down before the ECF.

« Reply #1689 on: March 13, 2018, 09:54:18 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

check out their schedule though

« Reply #1690 on: March 13, 2018, 10:04:38 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

The two Warriors games and two Raptors games are a little concerning, but the last two games were probably losses for them and they won both of them.

The Cavs also have two games against the Raptors so they kind-of cancel each other out. I agree that it isn't necessarily likely Indy takes the 3 seed and that Philly has/had an easier path, but we just need to hope one of them or the Wiz can overtake the Cavs.

« Reply #1691 on: March 13, 2018, 10:08:31 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

The two Warriors games and two Raptors games are a little concerning, but the last two games were probably losses for them and they won both of them.

The Cavs also have two games against the Raptors so they kind-of cancel each other out. I agree that it isn't necessarily likely Indy takes the 3 seed and that Philly has/had an easier path, but we just need to hope one of them or the Wiz can overtake the Cavs.

oh actually i was thinking maybe both indy and philly could finish higher than the cavs, although would toronto purposely lose to cavs to keep them out of their bracket? hmmmmm

« Reply #1692 on: March 13, 2018, 11:10:20 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Detroit looks good against Utah.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1693 on: March 14, 2018, 12:41:29 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Literally every team not making it into the Eastern Conference playoffs lost tonight. The tank is strong in the East.

« Reply #1694 on: March 14, 2018, 01:44:48 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Detroit looks good against Utah.

Uh, was this intentional sarcasm?

Detroit got smoked, like pretty much right out of the gate.

Also, Joe Ingles is a bad mofo.