Author Topic: Not a fan of starting smart  (Read 2031 times)

Re: Not a fan of starting smart
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 03:12:43 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Whomever starts the game at the two.

Smart always finishes the game.

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
The first half wasn't good - like it was a carry over from his worst offense from last season.  the second half was when he was more effective.  drove much better and was very effective playing in the post.  the cleveland guards couldn't defend him.

it was the tale of 2 Smarts.  it was the worst of times, it was the best of times.

personally, I think Brad needs to use Smart in the same capacity going forward that he used him in the second half.  limited outside shooting until he develops that shot consistently.  thought he made progress in preseason but man that first half yesterday was brutal.  to be fair, the whole team's shooting in the first half was brutal from 3.

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 03:47:31 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Kyrie
Brown
Tatum
Morris
Horford

Looks good to me. Without Gordon the only way we are going to contend are if Tatum and Brown grow up this year. If they don't get good enough this year to help us contend, they will still be better when we get Hayward back. It's going to take Hayward time to get back into playing shape even if he does come back this year.

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 03:56:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

yeah I expect the lineup to be Irving/Brown/Tatum/Morris/Horford to start the game, but down the stretch I need Irving Smart and Horford on the floor no matter what.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 05:17:00 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

yeah I expect the lineup to be Irving/Brown/Tatum/Morris/Horford to start the game, but down the stretch I need Irving Smart and Horford on the floor no matter what.
I don't think Smart should finish games either.  He's only going to get in the way on the offensive end.

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 05:59:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I don't think Smart should finish games either.  He's only going to get in the way on the offensive end.

What?! While he isn't going to dazzle you with his offense, he is able to hit his free-throws and has been known to hit a clutch 3 here and there.

But that doesn't even matter - when the game is close, Smart is diving on the floor, taking the balls out of players' hands, and playing elite level defense. The only reason I am worried about losing Smart to FA next year is because I am not sure how the Cs can possibly play without him at the end of close games. He could sit for the first 3 quarters and he would still be a plus.