Author Topic: Crowder on Hayward - was it a dirty play?  (Read 10885 times)

Re: Crowder on Hayward - was it a dirty play?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 06:06:20 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No.

Sometimes there's nobody to blame. It's not on Crowder, or Lebron, or Kyrie, or Hayward himself.  It just happened.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 06:09:23 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
No.

Sometimes there's nobody to blame. It's not on Crowder, or Lebron, or Kyrie, or Hayward himself.  It just happened.

I agree. At first I wanted to throw blame at someone too but in the end it's just one of those horrible things that can happen.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 06:41:44 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Nothing dirty by anyone.  This is a non-discussion.

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 06:49:14 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Crowder was going at it hard last night.   There were some plays where he simply was throwing his body around.   He did that for us when he played for us.   That stopped when he tangled with Baines.

LeBron clotheslined him watch the play.  LeBron gets away with murder all the time.  It was him who was dirty hitting a guy in the air.   There was more contact in that play than folks think.   When you hit a guy who was in the air, he is vulnerable.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/10/17/celtics-gordon-hayward-suffers-lower-left-leg-injury#/

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 07:17:41 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I think Crowder was going at it hard last night.   There were some plays where he simply was throwing his body around.   He did that for us when he played for us.   That stopped when he tangled with Baines.

LeBron clotheslined him watch the play.  LeBron gets away with murder all the time.  It was him who was dirty hitting a guy in the air.   There was more contact in that play than folks think.   When you hit a guy who was in the air, he is vulnerable.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/10/17/celtics-gordon-hayward-suffers-lower-left-leg-injury#/
I thought the same that is why he was so nice to Heyward because he knows the truth. I was in the I don't like Lebron camp but now I am a new camp for him.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 07:34:04 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
No.

You are partially right in that the break just happened.  But, you are dead wrong in that the hip check and the clothesline in mid-air "just happened" Roy.  Both Crowder and especially Lebron are veterans and both knew what they were doing.  They were sending a message.  After all the things that Crowder said about Boston signing Hayward, you certainly have CLEAR motive.  Watch the replay over and over again and just watch the force of the hip check while Hayward was defenseless in the air.

Smitty77

Smitty77

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 07:36:15 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
no. he was just trying to body him out of the oop.   bad luck.

While he was in mid-air.  Come on Chief Macho!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 07:45:33 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Normal foul. Just landed awkwardly. Unlucky.

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 07:47:40 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No.

You are partially right in that the break just happened.  But, you are dead wrong in that the hip check and the clothesline in mid-air "just happened" Roy.  Both Crowder and especially Lebron are veterans and both knew what they were doing.  They were sending a message.  After all the things that Crowder said about Boston signing Hayward, you certainly have CLEAR motive.  Watch the replay over and over again and just watch the force of the hip check while Hayward was defenseless in the air.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Contact happens in the air all the time. It doesn't make a play dirty, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 07:54:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Contact happens in the air all the time. It doesn't make a play dirty, though.

Contact happens in the air but you don't hip check a player in mid air. Unlucky yes. Do I blame Lebron for the clothesline? No. Is Crowder somewhat at fault for the hip check, in my eyes 100%. His one arm might be in the air to "make a play for the ball" but he tangles up Hayward with his other arm and clearly sticks his hip out and undercuts him.

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 07:55:29 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
At 2:30, I don't see a clothesline.  Lebron's left arm stays raised through the contact. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRe-AdlD4uQ

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 08:34:05 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Did no t seem like a dirty play in my mind.   That was incredibly awkward freakish fall.  Super unlucky way to land .  I wonder if he was stretched, loose enough , being early in season maybe he was still tight .   I m so sorry for his family having to see that .  Hopefully he can play again .

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 08:50:30 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Crowder can suck it.  Intentional or not.  He's been a crybaby Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. for the last two years.

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 08:52:31 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yes, it was incredibly dirty from Crowder. He got beat and he hip checked Hayward while he went to the air. It got compounded by the contact with LeBron (which I don't think was dirty, he made a play for the ball).

But what Crowder did was definitely dirty. Don't see how anyone can rationalize it otherwise.

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 09:20:18 AM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Not a dirty play. Just a normal basketball play. No one's fault.

Just sucks.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier