Author Topic: Brad Stevens Says Hayward Has Dislocated Ankle, Fractured Tibia  (Read 7815 times)

Re: Brad Stevens Says Hayward Has Dislocated Ankle, Fractured Tibia
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2017, 04:46:48 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
https://twitter.com/Trags/status/920746701618638848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

so travelled from Cleveland to Boston, now possibly again lol? Fun to travel around with a broken leg eh? ..
When you are that rich and your body is your earning potential spending the time/money to go to the best doctor of your choice makes all the sense in the world.

well yea, i guess they all know best, we are all worried thats all haha :s hopefully whatever he does by the end of the week, hope it will be the beginning for a great return!
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2017, 04:50:12 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
https://twitter.com/Trags/status/920746701618638848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

so travelled from Cleveland to Boston, now possibly again lol? Fun to travel around with a broken leg eh? ..
When you are that rich and your body is your earning potential spending the time/money to go to the best doctor of your choice makes all the sense in the world.

well yea, i guess they all know best, we are all worried thats all haha :s hopefully whatever he does by the end of the week, hope it will be the beginning for a great return!

not to mention you want to do that surgery hopefully just once, and no more, like Gronk's forearm, I don't want him to do the surgery and have regular visits to the doctor because the surgery wasn't done well or whatever Gronk's case was

I was him to get the best surgeon possible to do his surgery

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2017, 04:56:53 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Is the fracture displaced or non-displaced? That's what I'm looking for. If it's non-displaced, surgery is usually not necessary. If there is surgery, it's a sign the fracture is displaced enough so they don't want it to heal as is. They need to reset the bones.

Non-displaced is 6 weeks to walking. My wife had a non displaced ankle fracture, and it took that long. You just wear a boot. Many years ago, I had a severe ankle dislocation. No fracture. It looked pretty grotesque--like Hayward's looked. But the Doc just snapped it back in place, put a plaster cast on over the knee, and I walked around in a rubber boot for 6 weeks.

If there's surgery here, it will be longer than 6 weeks. Maybe 10 weeks. And then longer to get back onto the court. Double that. Make it 5-6 months.

You don't feel any pain right away with these things. The next day you feel pain, and they give you pain killers (codeine in my day, which makes you feel great!).

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2017, 04:58:15 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum

not to mention you want to do that surgery hopefully just once, and no more, like Gronk's forearm, I don't want him to do the surgery and have regular visits to the doctor because the surgery wasn't done well or whatever Gronk's case was

I was him to get the best surgeon possible to do his surgery

yess! Id be happy to see him fully recovered and fit to play by next January 2019 :) Hope he has a great recovery!
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2017, 04:58:24 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
So the MRI will show if there was ligament damage? Or did somebody say there wasn’t ligament damage? I can’t see how there isn’t his foot was literally dangling to the side
His foot wasn't "dangling". It was dislocated. It was set back in place. BIG difference.

I dislocated my shoulder playing rugby once. It hurt like buggery when it was out and looked really weird but once they popped it back in on the field it just went kind of numb. Thankfully I didn't suffer any significant tissue or ligament damage. Took a few months before it felt back to normal (and I'm certainly not an athlete of the caliber of Gordon Hayward).
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2017, 05:01:49 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
So the MRI will show if there was ligament damage? Or did somebody say there wasn’t ligament damage? I can’t see how there isn’t his foot was literally dangling to the side
His foot wasn't "dangling". It was dislocated. It was set back in place. BIG difference.

I dislocated my shoulder playing rugby once. It hurt like buggery when it was out and looked really weird but once they popped it back in on the field it just went kind of numb. Thankfully I didn't suffer any significant tissue or ligament damage. Took a few months before it felt back to normal (and I'm certainly not an athlete of the caliber of Gordon Hayward).

pretty sure that shoulder and ankle are very different haha :S

In this case, its gonna take time and lots of work to return to anything he was already now

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/gordon-hayward-ankle-injury-and-road-to-recovery-as-explained-by-a-medical-expert/

this article is meh :s
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2017, 05:14:20 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

From what I'm reading, they popped his ankle back in right away, so now they're dealing with the fracture and any ligament damage. It's the tibia that's fractured, from what Ainge said, and they're doing surgery, which means bone is displaced. Probably 6 months.

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2017, 05:38:07 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum

From what I'm reading, they popped his ankle back in right away, so now they're dealing with the fracture and any ligament damage. It's the tibia that's fractured, from what Ainge said, and they're doing surgery, which means bone is displaced. Probably 6 months.

whatever it is, well see him strong and healthy next season :)
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2017, 05:58:49 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2017, 06:00:32 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2017, 06:57:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
there has been no mention of nerve damage so far....  this is important

his ankle was already reduced/reset last night,  he is wearing a brace/boot

what I imagine they are going to do next is, add screws/stabilisers to have the bones heal the right way

then its going to depend on GH body ability to self generate/recover , lots of prayers

Once the bone is healed......... its rock and roll from there

I don't expect him to be back this season even best case scenerio, bone is healed/repaired by end of Dec.  Jan = just getting used to walking again , Feb - March = rehab,  Apr + = strengthen/get back into game shape

If he can even get in one game this season (meaningless game near the end of the season) to just get the "feel" back.   That would be tremendous.

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2017, 07:08:23 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
So pretty much 6 months is the recovery time people are thinking?

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2017, 07:12:30 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Imagine we bring him back for the finals as a secret weapon

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2017, 07:12:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
If it is going to be around 6 months, I would rather see Hayward sit out the season and be patient in his recovery than rushing back in time for the playoffs.

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2017, 07:13:08 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
So pretty much 6 months is the recovery time people are thinking?

So maybe he's back on the court in April? So he might be shaking the rust off just as the regular season is ending or the playoffs are beginning.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis