Author Topic: Brad Stevens Says Hayward Has Dislocated Ankle, Fractured Tibia  (Read 7813 times)

Re: Brad Stevens Says Hayward Has Dislocated Ankle, Fractured Tibia
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2017, 01:59:33 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Looks like his MRI will be Wednesday, according to his agent.  Is that today, or next Wednesday?

"As of Wednesday morning, reports indicated that Hayward was still being evaluated at the hospital and had not undergone surgery, although that is an inevitability. A treatment path would be plotted after Hayward undergoes an MRI and CT on Wednesday, Hayward’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski."

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2017/10/18/what-we-know-about-gordon-haywards-injury

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2017, 02:01:48 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Looks like his MRI will be Wednesday, according to his agent.  Is that today, or next Wednesday?

"As of Wednesday morning, reports indicated that Hayward was still being evaluated at the hospital and had not undergone surgery, although that is an inevitability. A treatment path would be plotted after Hayward undergoes an MRI and CT on Wednesday, Hayward’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski."

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2017/10/18/what-we-know-about-gordon-haywards-injury

I would assume it would be today given how serious of an injury, I think Hayward and the team wants to know sooner rather than later, i mean it's just results of the injury...I don't think that would take a week...

i think if we had to wait a week just to know the return timeline or the extend of the injury and surgery would kill all of us

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Definitely today.

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2017, 02:02:22 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
So the MRI will show if there was ligament damage? Or did somebody say there wasn’t ligament damage? I can’t see how there isn’t his foot was literally dangling to the side
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2017, 02:08:09 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
So the MRI will show if there was ligament damage? Or did somebody say there wasn’t ligament damage? I can’t see how there isn’t his foot was literally dangling to the side
His foot wasn't "dangling". It was dislocated. It was set back in place. BIG difference.

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2017, 02:16:03 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
His foot wasn't "dangling". It was dislocated. It was set back in place. BIG difference.
Yea I’m no doctor just the way it looked, if no other damage beyond the bone breaks wonder what the recovery timeine is looking like
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2017, 02:18:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yea I’m no doctor just the way it looked, if no other damage beyond the bone breaks wonder what the recovery timeine is looking like
6 months, from what I gather.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Unless there's an orthopaedic surgeon on this board, I don't think any of us know how long it will take for his recovery. Could be 6 months. He also might never recover.

In fact, unless the Dr. personally evaluated Hayward's ankle, I'm not sure that he/she would be able to accurately predict a recovery time.

So, I guess we can say that it should take Hayward in between 6 months and forever to recover.

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2017, 02:55:53 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The "optimism" leaking out IS warranted; Hayward's fracture was clean (confirmed by Mike Gorman, who likely has connections with the Celtics medical staff). The worst case scenarios you guys are worried about "out for the season" are for fractures that have ligament or blood vessel damage from what I have heard.
I find it hard to believe that a severely dislocated joint has caused no damage to the surrounding ligaments/blood vessels. We'll wait and see I guess.

Me too. It's hard to image that nothing else got twisted or stretched beyond its intended capacity.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2017, 03:13:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
if i incured that damage at my age .  It would take,three years,to,just walk normal again. ...if ever.   If he can be on the court getting back in shape around 6 months that would be amazing in my mind.  Just keep n my fingers crossed.

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2017, 03:26:29 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan

Unless there's an orthopaedic surgeon on this board, I don't think any of us know how long it will take for his recovery. Could be 6 months. He also might never recover.

In fact, unless the Dr. personally evaluated Hayward's ankle, I'm not sure that he/she would be able to accurately predict a recovery time.

So, I guess we can say that it should take Hayward in between 6 months and forever to recover.

Lets just accept that he will be back sometime by January 2019 full recovery and fit to play. Anything before that is great news and something to truly admire
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2017, 03:31:14 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The "optimism" leaking out IS warranted; Hayward's fracture was clean (confirmed by Mike Gorman, who likely has connections with the Celtics medical staff). The worst case scenarios you guys are worried about "out for the season" are for fractures that have ligament or blood vessel damage from what I have heard.
I find it hard to believe that a severely dislocated joint has caused no damage to the surrounding ligaments/blood vessels. We'll wait and see I guess.

Me too. It's hard to image that nothing else got twisted or stretched beyond its intended capacity.
The fact that they flew him home to Boston first makes me feel a little less worried about blood vessels.

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2017, 03:35:51 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
If you break your shin in half, the lower half will just dangle, but there are no ligaments anywhere near there.

If the bones where broken off, the foot being moved around would not pull on ligaments, so I don't see why you would assume that.

I don't know squat about this stuff, but people get should dislocations all the time without needing ligament surgery. It looks horrible, but the result isn't as catastrophic as it seems. Sure, sometimes injures are as catastrophic as they seem, like with Shawn Livingston who was out of the game for years. Hopefully there will be some news about the MRI later.

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2017, 04:36:18 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
https://twitter.com/Trags/status/920746701618638848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

so travelled from Cleveland to Boston, now possibly again lol? Fun to travel around with a broken leg eh? ..
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2017, 04:41:31 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
https://twitter.com/Trags/status/920746701618638848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

so travelled from Cleveland to Boston, now possibly again lol? Fun to travel around with a broken leg eh? ..
When you are that rich and your body is your earning potential spending the time/money to go to the best doctor of your choice makes all the sense in the world.