Author Topic: Kyrie seems to be a lil bit pass-happy  (Read 3966 times)

Re: Kyrie seems to be a lil bit pass-happy
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 10:59:26 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Kyrie is an excellent player.  He's faced with the challenge of adjusting to a new system while simultaneously establishing himself as a leader and NBA superstar.  Let's relax, cut him some slack, and enjoy the ride.  Sheesh, people.

Noe that is the spirit!

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 11:13:27 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Kyrie is an excellent player.  He's faced with the challenge of adjusting to a new system while simultaneously establishing himself as a leader and NBA superstar.  Let's relax, cut him some slack, and enjoy the ride.  Sheesh, people.

Noe that is the spirit!

I'm sincerely trying to buy into this perspective.  As soon as I'm 51% of the way there, I'll have to make a formal apology for how obnoxious I've been. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 11:28:53 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Noe that is the spirit!

I'm sincerely trying to buy into this perspective.  As soon as I'm 51% of the way there, I'll have to make a formal apology for how obnoxious I've been.

Haha you know no apology is needed. Can't doubt your fanhood, even if you hate Kyrie.

Just tough for a homer like this guy to see you doubt a fellow C so much.

Just like when people doubted IT after he first arrived.

I personally found many of your Kyrie takes annoying, but I always knew they came from the right place.

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 11:45:06 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Noe that is the spirit!

Haha you know no apology is needed. Can't doubt your fanhood, even if you hate Kyrie.

I personally found many of your Kyrie takes annoying, but I always knew they came from the right place.

Thanks, I appreciate your input.  You've got a way with words, too -- I think I'm insulted, flattered, and confused that I like it...

I'll always love the Celtics.  I just learned to dislike Kyrie from his early days at Duke, and he become public enemy #2 during LBJ's reign in CLE.  As an emotionally invested fan, it's going to take some getting used to.  But I'm glad to have had this outlet to whine.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 12:06:29 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Noe that is the spirit!

Thanks, I appreciate your input.  You've got a way with words, too -- I think I'm insulted, flattered, and confused that I like it...

I'll always love the Celtics.  I just learned to dislike Kyrie from his early days at Duke, and he become public enemy #2 during LBJ's reign in CLE.  As an emotionally invested fan, it's going to take some getting used to.  But I'm glad to have had this outlet to whine.

My all time favorite college ball player is Tyler H. Gerald Henderson is somebody I wish nothing but ill upon, to this day.

I know what you are saying. My brother always loved IT, going back to Washington, and I always told him he was a good scorer, but just couldn't hang in the other areas of the game. He isn't a C's fan, so as he got traded to the C's and IT's legend grew, I caught more and more hell, because I doubted him; until that 42 point game against the Hawks in his second season here.

At that point, I realized I was way wrong, and hadn't given him a fair chance. From that point on, I realized just how good IT was and will never forget those 2 and a half seasons.

But Kyrie is two years younger, and frankly is more highly regarded by nearly everyone in the basketball community. He is incredible. He has had some truly incredible games in his career, in the regular season, playoffs, and USA ball. If he is willing to commit to the system, like Isaiah did, the sky is the limit for both this team, and Kyrie.

I love Hayward, but I truly believe Kyrie was the real get of this off season.

I only wrote the novel, because I feel like I have to defend my love of a duke basketball player. (The blow of the getting Tatum is only softened by winning it all last year.)

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 12:41:56 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Noe that is the spirit!

Similar but I won't be apologising, Kyrie should be producing like a superstar. I will be a huge Kyrie fan when I get there though :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 12:50:43 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Are you serious?

Some people just can’t be pleased. Either he’s a ball hog, or he’s too pass happy. He was constantly getting doubled in the 4th quarter, and he made the right play every time. I’ll take that wide open Jaylen 3 in the corner every f*ucking possession. Find something else to cry about.

Someone's getting too emotional, lol. It's not a rant, but rather an observation.
A bad observation at that.

You seem upset.
You seem to have nothing to add.

I do. Kyrie have forced things in the Bucks game. Seems uncomfortable. Still have found his groove. I'm not really worried nor I do take crap about the guy. He's getting better but still not comfortable yet.

But again, you're over defensive over nothing. Swearing and telling me to go cry somewhere is kinda bit of rude, isn't it? If that's not upset, I don't know what it is.
Hahaha, you made your thread complaining about him being too pass happy! And now you’re complaining about him forcing things. You couldn’t have contradicted yourself more if you tried. In the same thread no less. That is what I’m upset about, whiny posters who like to complain about anything and everything, even when it makes no sense. And you proved that point perfectly. Thank you!
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 02:27:14 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Noe that is the spirit!

My all time favorite college ball player is Tyler H. Gerald Henderson is somebody I wish nothing but ill upon, to this day.

I know what you are saying. My brother always loved IT, going back to Washington, and I always told him he was a good scorer, but just couldn't hang in the other areas of the game. He isn't a C's fan, so as he got traded to the C's and IT's legend grew, I caught more and more hell, because I doubted him; until that 42 point game against the Hawks in his second season here.

At that point, I realized I was way wrong, and hadn't given him a fair chance. From that point on, I realized just how good IT was and will never forget those 2 and a half seasons.

But Kyrie is two years younger, and frankly is more highly regarded by nearly everyone in the basketball community. He is incredible. He has had some truly incredible games in his career, in the regular season, playoffs, and USA ball. If he is willing to commit to the system, like Isaiah did, the sky is the limit for both this team, and Kyrie.

I love Hayward, but I truly believe Kyrie was the real get of this off season.

I only wrote the novel, because I feel like I have to defend my love of a duke basketball player. (The blow of the getting Tatum is only softened by winning it all last year.)

Go Duke!

Tar Heels...yuck!

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 06:38:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I do think at times he needs to take over games. and assert his will over the outcome.

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 06:41:00 AM »

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Kyrie is still figuring out his place within the offence, which works very differently to the lebron cavs offence he is used to.

For me it seems his making a conscious effort to play within the offence, which is a good thing for a leader to do around a new team with you d players, particularly given the trade circamstances.

He will get better as he becomes more comfortable and familiar with his role.  knowing where and when to make the play, weather scoring or passing.

Give the man some time, it's a learning experience and one which will hopefully expand is game into our expectations.

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 09:51:14 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
So far Shane Larkin is our go to guy.

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 10:49:36 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1351
I'm ok with Kyrie so far. Given the player he is replacing scored 30 a game (after his 3rd year with Boston) and given his rep people will be expecting great things right away and that's fair enough. It's not like NBA2k where you trade a player to another team and they pick up where they left off. No matter how much they try to work with Brad's system in practice there's no substitute to being out on the floor every night.

He's scoring 20 points a game shooting <40% from the floor and still without fully understanding how it works or where he is supposed to be or if he should pass or iso or where the good shot opportunities are. He's a solid contributor to the team and is playing within his capability right now. Can he do better? Definitely. Once he figures it out he will flourish.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 12:34:03 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
I do think at times he needs to take over games. and assert his will over the outcome.
Yep and I think he will.

He still looks tentative, to me, which makes sense. I think he didn't want to come in and shoot 25 times every night and alienate new teammates. He's trying to buy in. As he gets more comfortable and more confident in his new role, I think we'll see the system organically bend toward Kyrie and his strengths the exact same way it did with IT over the course of his first year and a half in Boston.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 12:36:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yep and I think he will.

He still looks tentative, to me, which makes sense. I think he didn't want to come in and shoot 25 times every night and alienate new teammates. He's trying to buy in. As he gets more comfortable and more confident in his new role, I think we'll see the system organically bend toward Kyrie and his strengths the exact same way it did with IT over the course of his first year and a half in Boston.
If he can average 20 ppg while looking "tentative" and "pass-happy" and only shooting .375 from the field, imagine how good he will be when he reverts to some semblance of his average form.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."