Author Topic: Bucks (0-0) at Celtics (0-1) Game #2 10/18/17  (Read 44106 times)

Re: Bucks (0-0) at Celtics (0-1) Game #2 10/18/17
« Reply #420 on: October 18, 2017, 10:09:55 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
CB already in their gloom and doom form already ;D. Chillax. Last season, we also have a pretty rough start with 5-5 record in  the first 10 games.

« Reply #421 on: October 18, 2017, 10:10:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
 :o
Down 5 with 45 seconds to go? Nah, we're too cool for timeouts, a contested Irving pull-up will do.

This type of "coaching" is infuriating.  >:( >:( >:(

TP. Don't understand Brad's philosophy with not calling timeouts in those situations either.
And it's not like we were rolling offensively either. If I recall correctly, the previous possession ended with a horrible looking Smart three.

Timeout might've helped.  :o

« Reply #422 on: October 18, 2017, 10:10:43 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Down 5 with 45 seconds to go? Nah, we're too cool for timeouts, a contested Irving pull-up will do.

TP. Don't understand Brad's philosophy with not calling timeouts in those situations either.
And it's not like we were rolling offensively either. If I recall correctly, the previous possession ended with a horrible looking Smart three.

Brad is an absolute consensus top 5 coach, most people believe he is top 3.

How on earth do you think (and this is going back years with you) you know better than he does?

Brad is an A- coach that is very young. I cannot state strongly enough how foolish your critiscms of him come across.

We are incredibly, incredibly lucky to have Brad on the sideline.

« Reply #423 on: October 18, 2017, 10:11:54 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
2 games in and Kyrie did something IT didn't do last year: 18 missed FGAs in one game.

It will get better, but these first two games have been depressing, albeit in wildly different ways.

Yea Kyrie looks terrible. 

It's going to be a long season.

IT4 with a smile thinking.... i told you so Danny

Kyrie looking lost so far
He had one really good game and one really poor one. Am I missing something here, or are you all just overreacting??

I don't think he was really good in Game 1, but my comments are related to tonight's game.

When Kyrie's shot is off, I don't think he currently has the skills to help the team in other ways, tangible or intangible.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #424 on: October 18, 2017, 10:11:59 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Holy hell, people need to chiiillllllaaaaxxxxx. This is virtually a brand new team playing a really tough double-double to start the season. Oh, and we're literally down two starters who happen to play the same position as the guy that's killing us, not even mentioning the Hayward incident...

They deserve time, but Kyrie is still the same player he was in Cleveland. If you're relying on that player to take you places...good luck.

Dude had 22 pts, 10 assists, 4 rebounds, and 3 steals last night. It's a little arbitrary to pick this one out of the hat on the second night of a back to back... the second night of the sesaon with a brand new team... against a really good defensive team... and down two starters.

He played well yesterday (on the assists, though, rewatch them and honestly tell me that you think he's a good passer). Again, Kyrie is a very good player. Very good players have down nights. His style, however, is constant, and it's not a style that's conducive to winning.

You're not giving him enough credit or the benefit of the doubt. He had a terrible night, but given the context it's understandable. It's going to take awhile for him to get acclimated to this system and out of the iso-heavy system he spent six years in with Cleveland.

How has he earned benefit of the doubt? He's always been this player. Why do you expect him to radically change all of a sudden? Say what you want about Brad's system, but more so than ball movement, the central tenet of the system has always been player maximization. Brad's not going to try to change what Kyrie's good at (isolation scoring), he's going to try to maximize it. And I'm sure he will, but that skill maximized is not good enough to win. So, sure, Kyrie will likely get better as the year progresses, but the long-term health of this franchise is in jeopardy if all our eggs are actually in the Kyrie Irving basket.

How are they all in the Kyrie basket anymore than they are in the GH basket or the Al Horford basket?  I don't understand that.  We got 3 max guys on the team now, two stud young players.  everything doesn't come down on Kyrie's shoulders.  Our poor ball movement and poor player movement tonight isn't all on KI.

We didn't trade one of the best contracts in the NBA, an All-NBA Second Teamer, and the most valuable draft asset in the league for Hayward or Horford.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #425 on: October 18, 2017, 10:12:20 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Don't mind this loss that much. I expected this to be a tough game. Milwaukee a hard match-up for the Celtics right now with Hayward and Morris out injured. It was a close game. The young guys did great work for the team - Jaylen, Rozier, Tatum, Smart. If it wasn't for an absolute stinker of a performance from Kyrie, they would have won.

I don't think the bucks are getting enough credit for the win tonight.  They played tough, hit shots and didn't give us easy buckets. 

Young guys played well, and will get better each game.  It really looks like we need a little practice time to go over some fundamental player spacing and attacking the doubling that KI was facing most of the night.  We can handle that def scheme much better than we did tonight.

« Reply #426 on: October 18, 2017, 10:12:30 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

How on earth do you think (and this is going back years with you) you know better than he does?

Brad is an A- coach that is very young. I cannot state strongly enough how foolish your critiscms of him come across.

I think Brad is a better coach than ozlodoev...

« Reply #427 on: October 18, 2017, 10:13:09 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The Greek went to the line 13 times and the refs fouled out our best player....
Yes, the mindset of perennial losers.

Calling me a "loser" just highlights your ignorance....
Blaming forces outside your control for losses just means you're excusing your poor results with something you can't work on or fix. Certainly the attitude of winners, Belichick and company do it every week.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #428 on: October 18, 2017, 10:14:07 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Holy hell, people need to chiiillllllaaaaxxxxx. This is virtually a brand new team playing a really tough double-double to start the season. Oh, and we're literally down two starters who happen to play the same position as the guy that's killing us, not even mentioning the Hayward incident...

They deserve time, but Kyrie is still the same player he was in Cleveland. If you're relying on that player to take you places...good luck.

Dude had 22 pts, 10 assists, 4 rebounds, and 3 steals last night. It's a little arbitrary to pick this one out of the hat on the second night of a back to back... the second night of the sesaon with a brand new team... against a really good defensive team... and down two starters.

He played well yesterday (on the assists, though, rewatch them and honestly tell me that you think he's a good passer). Again, Kyrie is a very good player. Very good players have down nights. His style, however, is constant, and it's not a style that's conducive to winning.

You're not giving him enough credit or the benefit of the doubt. He had a terrible night, but given the context it's understandable. It's going to take awhile for him to get acclimated to this system and out of the iso-heavy system he spent six years in with Cleveland.

How has he earned benefit of the doubt? He's always been this player. Why do you expect him to radically change all of a sudden? Say what you want about Brad's system, but more so than ball movement, the central tenet of the system has always been player maximization. Brad's not going to try to change what Kyrie's good at (isolation scoring), he's going to try to maximize it. And I'm sure he will, but that skill maximized is not good enough to win. So, sure, Kyrie will likely get better as the year progresses, but the long-term health of this franchise is in jeopardy if all our eggs are actually in the Kyrie Irving basket.

How are they all in the Kyrie basket anymore than they are in the GH basket or the Al Horford basket?  I don't understand that.  We got 3 max guys on the team now, two stud young players.  everything doesn't come down on Kyrie's shoulders.  Our poor ball movement and poor player movement tonight isn't all on KI.

We didn't trade one of the best contracts in the NBA, an All-NBA Second Teamer, and the most valuable draft asset in the league for Hayward or Horford.

Most valuable draft asset in the league?

You know that is patently incorrect right?

You dislike Kyrie goes far beyond rational.

« Reply #429 on: October 18, 2017, 10:14:36 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

kozolodev disagrees.

« Reply #430 on: October 18, 2017, 10:16:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

kozolodev disagrees.

That's all he can do...

« Reply #431 on: October 18, 2017, 10:16:40 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
The Greek went to the line 13 times and the refs fouled out our best player....
Yes, the mindset of perennial losers.

Calling me a "loser" just highlights your ignorance....
Blaming forces outside your control for losses just means you're excusing your poor results with something you can't work on or fix. Certainly the attitude of winners, Belichick and company do it every week.
well i think we can ALL agree that no ref has ever decided the outcome of a game..
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #432 on: October 18, 2017, 10:17:09 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Man we have been over all this stuff over and over and over again in other threads.  Do we really need to re-litigate the trade in the game threads now too?  give me a break.  We have the team we have. 

Sorry that it didn't work out how you liked, but blaming DA, saying we threw everything in the KI basket is just really over the top for one bad game.

« Reply #433 on: October 18, 2017, 10:17:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'd like to see Stevens do more to get Tatum some shots. Tatum is too talented a scorer to get only 7 shots in 37 minutes. Tatum has shown real promise as a mid-post scorer. Get him a few touches there. Let him see the ball. Take shots. Be aggressive. It'll help him stay aggressive and attack more in other situations.

« Reply #434 on: October 18, 2017, 10:18:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Nets are now the 4th seed and we are 14th seed. Lo