Author Topic: Keep Jaylen on 2 Guards or 3 Forwards, so he can flourish offensively  (Read 774 times)

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think Jaylen Brown will emerge as our best player during the course of the season. The problem is that is hard to do when he is sitting on the bench in foul trouble. How can he be expected to guard Greek Freak? No one can.  Need to put less critical offensive guys on players of that caliber.

I realize Brad wants Jaylen to be his defensive stopper, but we should not if it diminishes his offensive contributions.  He can still guard top 2's and 3's, but guys like GS should be covered by more expendable players like Semi. Or even Tatum.

Agree?

Re: Keep Jaylen on 2 Guards or 3 Forwards, so he can flourish offensively
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 10:47:15 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I completely agree.  Jaylen will need to do many things well for us this season.  I like the idea of him being a stopper early and late in games but he is going to need some help.  Morris will be able to help with this once he returns.   

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 10:58:26 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think learning to guard without fouling is important. Hard to develop offensively without being on the court. Given that we also have Tatum playing big minutes we're going to have to live with a lot of foul trouble for a while.

I'm not going to stress about it for now, Giannis and LBJ are going to wrack up fouls on a second year player who's going at them hard.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 10:59:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I completely agree.  Jaylen will need to do many things well for us this season.  I like the idea of him being a stopper early and late in games but he is going to need some help.  Morris will be able to help with this once he returns.
Once Morris is back that will definitely help and give us another option to guard bigger wing players.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 11:14:51 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
If you watched all the calls they were gifting Giannis in that game (how about when he hooked Theis on a spin move when Theis just stood there straight up and did nothing else?) you wouldn't be so critical of Jaylen.

Two tough covers.  I like him at the 4 too.  He's been rebounding and he will kill 4's up and down the court, plus can space them to three.  Nothing to overreact to after 2 games.  You have to be very happy with Jaylen so far.  He is aggressive and also pretty in control on offense.  He has also made some nice plays on defense (for example, drawing charges on Giannis and LeBron in the open court at times).  He will get better.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford