Author Topic: Who will step up  (Read 1423 times)

Who will step up
« on: October 17, 2017, 09:02:45 PM »

Offline Miranda-Kerr

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
  • MEAN GREEN MONSTAR TEAM
With Hayward gone all of a sudden the team is lacking a real secondary scorer.

Now our young wings will get plenty of playing time for the next couple of months and maybe beyond if Gordon stays out the year.

who do you think will step their game up?

I think Marcus morris could be a wildcard here and if Jaylen and Jayson can accurate their development a little then we'll be okay.

It still completely sucks this happened opening game but if it helps us improve for next season then we'll be even better

Your thoughts?

Re: Who will step up
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 09:05:12 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
Marcus Morris

He averaged 14 points a game the last two years.  And now he is going to be asked to give us 15+

We are a very very deep team The C's will do fine.  Win it all no....

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 09:11:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Tatum = but Stevens will need to start running more iso's and post ups for him first.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 09:13:09 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Combination of Morris and Tatum.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 09:20:55 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Hell, it looks like Jaylen right?  He won’t nearly make up the slack for Hayward but I guess he’ll get more opportunity to develop for the future.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 09:26:43 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
With Hayward gone all of a sudden the team is lacking a real secondary scorer.

Now our young wings will get plenty of playing time for the next couple of months and maybe beyond if Gordon stays out the year.

who do you think will step their game up?

I think Marcus morris could be a wildcard here and if Jaylen and Jayson can accurate their development a little then we'll be okay.

It still completely sucks this happened opening game but if it helps us improve for next season then we'll be even better

Your thoughts?
I agree that Morris will have to step in and pick up some of the slack for GH.  I liked what I saw from Baynes tonight on the defensive end too.  He will be a good solid back up center. 

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 09:30:54 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Well... first and foremost, it's Kyrie Irving.   This unfortunately ends the dynamic of having 2 reliable 20 ppg scorers on the court.   Kyrie has to take on more of the offense AND has to deal with teams all over him.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 09:42:24 PM »

Offline Sideshow Mel

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
It's got to be Jaylen. He needs to go from a third or fourth option to second. He's got the talent, not quite the experience. But his learning curve just got accelerated by a year or more.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 10:05:03 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Brown, Tatum and Morris.
Maybe smart gives you guard time and brown moves to sf minutes.  Brown stays at sg and Tatum is sf.   Morris gets minutes at both forward spots.

It's great we are deep.  Sucks for Gordon.

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 10:14:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Everyone. The wings first and then smart and rozier. Tatum will have to translate his skills to the nba asap. Its a lot to ask for from a rookie but if he can being 15pts a game somehow, we will salvage the season

1. Tatum/Morris/Brown
2. kyrie/smart/Rozier

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 10:33:23 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Lucky we have a lot of redundancy at the SF spot. Tatum, Brown, Morris, Smart, Semi, Nader - with all of those guys being capable of playing minutes at the SF spot, we can probably compensate for an injury at that position better then we can at any other position. 

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 10:58:13 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Will Be Brown - the kid has  been working for this all year and tonight he was everything we needed..  Really encouraged at his offense in the 2nd half after missing a bunch of bunnies and lay ups in the 1st half.

Also Tatum looked really good considering that was his 1st game and playing against Lebron.. Double double with a bunch of big time plays down the stretch..

Smart was also Smart tonight - Rough offense  but Timely offense and constant Defense..

Bummed losing GH but We have Talent and man to those boys scrap..

To me this was always going to be a fun year because of the youth - That hasn't changed..