Author Topic: Future so bright, I need shades  (Read 627 times)

Future so bright, I need shades
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:06:29 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
we may have lost game 1 but seeing the players we have in Jaylen and Jayson and Smart? Add Irving to the mix? I was VERY impressed.

Jaylen Brown looks like he's ready to make a huge leap this year and a day will come when he will win the matchup against Lebron in the playoffs. Maybe not this year but maybe in 2 years? His improvement from last year was tremendous, IMO. Just the increase in confidence and the awareness.

Tatum was really good too, 1st half jitters aside. He's got ways to go on defense and rebounding but in a year or two, he's going to be an X Factor. He'll tip the scales and make it feel "just not fair" anymore.

Smart was overly aggressive in the 1st half (probably overcompensating, trying to get the team going post-incident). But in the 2nd half, he was a problem as well.

Kyrie is only 26, right? So when he hits his prime in a couple of years, our young guys would've ideally turned the corner. Sure Horford and Hayward may have begun the downswing of their careers (esp. Horford), but we've got one helluva core. The rest of the league better watch out
- LilRip

Re: Future so bright, I need shades
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 12:11:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I just have to add, it was a pleasure watching Marcus Smart turn into mini Shaq and post up virtually the entire Cavs roster during the second half last night

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 12:13:10 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Gotta show some love to Rozier at the point too. Comfortable and confident (maybe a little too confident cuz he did get a bit dribble happy) in running the offense.

Smart saw the player he should strive to emulate last night... Dwyane Wade. He needs to focus on the midrange and forget chukking those threes... Wade didn't get a 3-point shot until last year when he joined the Bulls and he was still an 10x All Star.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
I just have to add, it was a pleasure watching Marcus Smart turn into mini Shaq and post up virtually the entire Cavs roster during the second half last night

The post ups were a real problem for the Cavs. It's always a joy seeing him work down there. Korver and Rose were abused by a guy who supposedly has no offensive game
- LilRip

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 12:23:02 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
Gotta show some love to Rozier at the point too. Comfortable and confident (maybe a little too confident cuz he did get a bit dribble happy) in running the offense.

Smart saw the player he should strive to emulate last night... Dwyane Wade. He needs to focus on the midrange and forget chukking those threes... Wade didn't get a 3-point shot until last year when he joined the Bulls and he was still an 10x All Star.

Yeah Rozier did a good job and he'll be a terrific role player for us in the future. I have a bad feeling some team will grossly overpay for him and we'll have to let him walk when the time comes. He's good enough to get paid but I don't know if he's good enough the way guys like Smart, Brown and Tatum project to be.
- LilRip