Author Topic: Season over- Hayward breaks leg in 1st quarter (ankle fracture dislocation?)  (Read 26030 times)

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm so upset!

Also like to note Hayward and Horford were taken out in mid air, not even a foul in Haywards case. Thought it was automatic if you hit someone in mid air?

Regardless I'm totally bummed out! :'(

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm so upset!

Also like to note Hayward and Horford were taken out in mid air, not even a foul in Haywards case. Thought it was automatic if you hit someone in mid air?

Regardless I'm totally bummed out! :'(
Unlikely to get those kind of calls against LeBron and Wade
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Waawaawaa.

My infant niece cries less than the sissies on this blog.

Hayward is a very good player, but he is certainly not Lebron.

This almost guarantees that Jaylen, Tatum, and Smart will get extended minutes this year, thus expediting their development.

If you thought that the Celtics were going to beat GS, you're crazy.

Waaaaaaa.

Not really helpful. A lot of us devote too much of our personal time - even during the summer - to researching, discussing, and watching the Cs. Expectations were high this season and to not even get a 1/2 quarter of basketball of our exciting new team is disappointing. People should be allowed to vent even if you think you are too cool to do so.

Not an issue of being cool. Just not being chicken little. The Celtics were not favored to win a ring yesterday, and they aren't today. The season is not over. I was pointing out that many are acting weak here. Many teams have overcome injuries to have good seasons. There are many potential positives that could come out of this season. To say that the season is over is foolish.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://mobile.twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA/status/920634112406376449
Orthopedic Surgeon & TSL's official Doctor Fred Cushner says "yes, I do think it's possible" that Gordon Hayward will be back this year

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
https://mobile.twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA/status/920634112406376449
Orthopedic Surgeon & TSL's official Doctor Fred Cushner says "yes, I do think it's possible" that Gordon Hayward will be back this year
Anything is possible.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Karma's a ****

- Isaiah Thomas

Get well soon, Gordon.
Did IT really say that? That’s cold blooded not on the Celts but on Gordon’s part.

To clarify: No, IT didnt say that. He's a good guy.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
I was reading through many of these posts. Understandably, many are emotional.

After a day of thinking, do many of the posters that abide by the theory that this season is over still believe this?

If so, why? What has changed since Gordon Hayward is no longer available?

I'm an optimist and wear green goggles, but even I thought that this team would have their hands full with CLE and would lose to GSW in the finals.

After a day of reflection, I don't think the Celtics destiny this year will be all that different.

Yes, I'm bummed that I won't be able to watch Gordo play this year, but I'm also intrigued that I'll be able to see more Tatum and Brown.

Anyone think that either the Celtics would have beat the Warriors w/ Hayward, or now they won't even make the playoffs without him?

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

After a day of thinking, do many of the posters that abide by the theory that this season is over still believe this?

I'm an optimist and wear green goggles, but even I thought that this team would have their hands full with CLE and would lose to GSW in the finals.

After a day of reflection, I don't think the Celtics destiny this year will be all that different.

Yes, I'm bummed that I won't be able to watch Gordo play this year, but I'm also intrigued that I'll be able to see more Tatum and Brown.

Anyone think that either the Celtics would have beat the Warriors w/ Hayward, or now they won't even make the playoffs without him?

Elite 3pt shooting. 

Losing him means defenses colapsing on all Kyrie's action.  It's gonna be rough

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
lol just realized this thread was called "Season over"

We get to watch a great young exciting team that should compete for HCA in the playoffs.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Elite 3pt shooting. 

My point is not to beat up on Hayward here.

However, he shot .398 from 3 last year, which is the exact same % as Jae Crowder. Do you consider Jae to be an elite 3 point shooter?

I think Hayward is a good overall bball player. He will be missed.

I just don't think that he pushed the Celtics over the goal line into a new category of winning. In his absence, I don't think that the Celtics will be dramatically different.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

The season we THOUGHT we were going to watch is over.  Winning 55-60 games, making a run at the Finals, finally beating Bron.  It's over.

But we still have a team to watch and they're going to fight to make the playoffs and maybe compete to win a series.  Lots of young guys to develop.  And all the way they'll be playing with house money because everybody understands they can't accomplish what they might have if Hayward hadn't gotten hurt.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Elite 3pt shooting. 

However, he shot .398 from 3 last year, which is the exact same % as Jae Crowder. Do you consider Jae to be an elite 3 point shooter?

I just don't think that he pushed the Celtics over the goal line into a new category of winning. In his absence, I don't think that the Celtics will be dramatically different.
Then you must have not watched GH last year. He does everything this team gonna miss him so much. Kyrie gonna be trapped/doubled everytime now. Offense is going to be ugly and the defense we all knew was going to be a work in progress.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Elite 3pt shooting. 

Then you must have not watched GH last year. He does everything this team gonna miss him so much. Kyrie gonna be trapped/doubled everytime now. Offense is going to be ugly and the defense we all knew was going to be a work in progress.

The Celtics beat a pretty good team tonight. Both the offense and defense have looked solid at times. I think there's plenty to play for this year. Might there be consensus that this season is, in fact, not over?

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Elite 3pt shooting. 

The Celtics beat a pretty good team tonight. Both the offense and defense have looked solid at times. I think there's plenty to play for this year. Might there be consensus that this season is, in fact, not over?
Of course we're going to look good and win some games.  But to think we're not going to miss an all star that is capable of taking over games is foolish.  The guy cna get 20 points in his sleep.  Guys Jaylen and Tatum have a lot of potential but they're going to be up and down and aren't quite ready to be go to guys and consistently take pressure off Kyrie.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Might there be consensus that this season is, in fact, not over?

Only the sky is falling Chicken Little crowd, thought that.