Author Topic: Season over- Hayward breaks leg in 1st quarter (ankle fracture dislocation?)  (Read 26040 times)

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Karma's a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.

- Isaiah Thomas

Get well soon, Gordon.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Karma's a ****

- Isaiah Thomas

Get well soon, Gordon.
Did IT really say that? That’s cold blooded not on the Celts but on Gordon’s part.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Karma's a ****

- Isaiah Thomas

Get well soon, Gordon.
Did IT really say that? That’s cold blooded not on the Celts but on Gordon’s part.

I'm going to hazard a guess that no, IT didn't say that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Karma's a ****

- Isaiah Thomas

Get well soon, Gordon.

I'm going to hazard a guess that no, IT didn't say that.

I dont think he did
I did hear IT was with GH in the locker room

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Here goes the excitement for the season... and possibly our future.

Terrible injury, I feel very bad for Gordon Hayward who didn't even have the chance to start this new chapter of his career. Hope he recovers well and as quickly as possible but I think he is at least out for this season and part of the next one.

I'm sure stupid Utah fans will bring up the word "karma". You could tell how bad it was seeing the reaction of Celtics and Cavs players alike after the injury.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I mean it really sucks but there is some positive to look forward to here.

Tatum and Brown at ages 19 and 20 looked incredibly composed in the 2nd half.
Personally I'm still really excited about this season to see these two guys develop.
Marcus Smart and Rozier were incredible too.

Hayward's injury is devastating for our chances at potentially making the finals, but we can still strive to make the ECF as a goal and watch Brown/Tatum/Smart/Rozier all develop.

Kyrie looks simply amazing in catch and shoot situations as well. And he had 10 assists!

Plenty to still smile about while we mourn the loss of Hayward.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Terrible injury, I feel very bad for Gordon Hayward who didn't even have the chance to start this new chapter of his career. Hope he recovers well and as quickly as possible but I think he is at least out for this season and part of the next one.

I'm sure stupid Utah fans will bring up the word "karma". You could tell how bad it was seeing the reaction of Celtics and Cavs players alike after the injury.

Lots of "cautious optimism" coming from doctors that have commented on the nature of the injury.  It obviously sucks to see him get hurt like that but I honestly felt bad for Gordon.  As a Celtics fan my only concern is/was the potential for Gordon to come back at 100% in the future.  All early indications show that a full recovery is very likely.  The only thing it hurts for this season is our ability to beat the Cavs in the ECF.  I still think this team has the talent to put up a fight against Toronto, Washington, Milwaukee etc. 

All we can root for as fans is for this team to max out its potential with the current roster.

The good news for us is that we are absolutely loaded with young talent and I still am pumped to see the everyone's development throughout the season.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Personally I'm still really excited about this season to see these two guys develop.

Hayward's injury is devastating for our chances at potentially making the finals, but we can still strive to make the ECF as a goal and watch Brown/Tatum/Smart/Rozier all develop.

Kyrie looks simply amazing in catch and shoot situations as well. And he had 10 assists!

Pretty much my feeling as well.  I am not able to read all the threads and comments, just too painful an event.  However, I take solace in that the young guys will get more PT and may develop faster.  Those guys you listed are all 23 or under!

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

Lots of "cautious optimism" coming from doctors that have commented on the nature of the injury.  It obviously sucks to see him get hurt like that but I honestly felt bad for Gordon.  As a Celtics fan my only concern is/was the potential for Gordon to come back at 100% in the future.  All early indications show that a full recovery is very likely.  The only thing it hurts for this season is our ability to beat the Cavs in the ECF.  I still think this team has the talent to put up a fight against Toronto, Washington, Milwaukee etc. 

All we can root for as fans is for this team to max out its potential with the current roster.

The good news for us is that we are absolutely loaded with young talent and I still am pumped to see the everyone's development throughout the season.

Yes, I was really impressed by Brown, he looks like a totally different player from last year. Very confident. Tatum looked good for a rookie too so hopefully more playing time will allow them to improve quickly and become key players.

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Pretty much my feeling as well.  I am not able to read all the threads and comments, just too painful an event.  However, I take solace in that the young guys will get more PT and may develop faster.  Those guys you listed are all 23 or under!

I agree with both of you.  I have always been a fan that tries to enjoy the ride and fortunately we have a coach that will get the most out of our group.  There is so much to look forward to for this season and I have zero doubts that this is going to be a fun team to watch. 

Imagine if the Hayward injury happened with the same roster from last season.  That would have truly been devastating as a fan. 

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Imagine if the Hayward injury happened with the same roster from last season.  That would have truly been devastating as a fan.
Imagine if the Hayward injury happened while Thomas was still on the roster. We'd be looking for Jae Crowder to carry the team...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Imagine if the Hayward injury happened while Thomas was still on the roster. We'd be looking for Jae Crowder to carry the team...
TP.
Yes, that is the risk that most trade skeptics neglected.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
This thought actually came to me a few minutes after the injury. It could have been a lot worse.

Either way, the season is not lost. 81 games left. This is still a playoff team and players like JB, JT,  and Semi will greatly benefit from the exposure they will get in the coming months.

Let's hope GH has a good surgery and that maybe he can come back by playoff time.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The downside is this stinks.   The silver lining is that Tatum and Brown are going to play and develop big time.  The following year this will make us a ton stronger!  I am still sad over it but this will help us in the long run it is just one of those things that doesn't seem that way at first.

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Waawaawaa.

My infant niece cries less than the sissies on this blog.

Hayward is a very good player, but he is certainly not Lebron.

This almost guarantees that Jaylen, Tatum, and Smart will get extended minutes this year, thus expediting their development.

If you thought that the Celtics were going to beat GS, you're crazy.

Waaaaaaa.

Not really helpful. A lot of us devote too much of our personal time - even during the summer - to researching, discussing, and watching the Cs. Expectations were high this season and to not even get a 1/2 quarter of basketball of our exciting new team is disappointing. People should be allowed to vent even if you think you are too cool to do so.