Author Topic: Suns fire Earl Watson  (Read 1522 times)

Suns fire Earl Watson
« on: October 22, 2017, 06:37:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I always wondered what he ever did to become an NBA HC so quickly when others who have paid their dues learning the job are still waiting. It is now clear that he was not ready for the big time.

When you lose a couple of games by 48 and 42 points it has to mean you have lost control of your team or the team has absolutely no regard for you as coach.

How many teams can Jerry Coangelo save for the NBA. Looks like Suns need a caretaker.

Re: Suns fire Earl Watson
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 06:42:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Losing to the terrible Lakers was the last straw

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Do they have someone else that want to install as the head coach? Otherwise, why not just let him coach the rest of the season. The Suns aren't going anywhere this year anyway.

EDIT: I just saw the Bledsoe tweet. So maybe this is to placate him.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 06:51:25 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Do they have someone else that want to install as the head coach? Otherwise, why not just let him coach the rest of the season. The Suns aren't going anywhere this year anyway.

Most people assume it was the alternative — Bledsoe learned Watson was fired and made his tweet, and the firing news made it to the media about 30 minutes later.

As to your initial point — even if you have someone else to install, why wouldn’t you have done that in the offseason.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 06:52:20 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I hope but doubt the Suns will go after Steve Nash, he seems to have the make up to be the next great coach. The Warrior players loved him, he is a basketball brain with an extremely high work ethic.

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 07:19:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Most people assume it was the alternative — Bledsoe learned Watson was fired and made his tweet, and the firing news made it to the media about 30 minutes later.

As to your initial point — even if you have someone else to install, why wouldn’t you have done that in the offseason.

because he had not lost by 42 and 48 in the off season.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Phoenix is falling apart I'm looking at chandler

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 07:53:13 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I always wondered what he ever did to become an NBA HC so quickly when others who have paid their dues learning the job are still waiting. It is now clear that he was not ready for the big time.

When you lose a couple of games by 48 and 42 points it has to mean you have lost control of your team or the team has absolutely no regard for you as coach.

How many teams can Jerry Coangelo save for the NBA. Looks like Suns need a caretaker.

They were tanking, so the losses didn't matter.

But when you lose 2 of your first 3 games by 40+ points, you run the risk that no one will show up to watch a home game.  Can't run an organization that way.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 08:32:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Good Bye

EARL !

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 08:39:13 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

They were tanking, so the losses didn't matter.

But when you lose 2 of your first 3 games by 40+ points, you run the risk that no one will show up to watch a home game.  Can't run an organization that way.

Oh people will show up, they just wont pay lol. I remember when the Clippers were a joke. People bought the $10 tickets and simply walked down to sit in the empty premium seats.

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 08:46:47 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
and just to think that is where Josh Jackson's agent steered his client to the point that he would not even allow the Celtics to work him out. The same Celtics that are now starting their lottery pick. I mean, not that Celtics were going to pick him, but who knows what could have happened if he had wowed at the workout.

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
and just to think that is where Josh Jackson's agent steered his client to the point that he would not even allow the Celtics to work him out. The same Celtics that are now starting their lottery pick. I mean, not that Celtics were going to pick him, but who knows what could have happened if he had wowed at the workout.

Reportedly they promised him a starting gig, which they've followed through on so far. That kind of opportunity can be worth a lot to a rawer player.  That's gonna carry more weight than winning to most agents.

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 06:58:01 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Oh, well that just makes it more confusing.

Yes, they lost big in these first games but everyone knew this team was going to bad didn't they? I don't get the thought process behind this move at all.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 01:11:34 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Oh, well that just makes it more confusing.

Yes, they lost big in these first games but everyone knew this team was going to bad didn't they? I don't get the thought process behind this move at all.
Last year we did not lose a coach. It will be interesting to see how many go this year.  This is a confusing move 3 games in to team that was going to suck. I am hopeful Chandler and Bledsoe move on but I don't see anyone giving up assets for either of them. Will be fun to watch and see how their picks do this year.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek