Author Topic: Pop, knocks it out of the park!  (Read 976 times)

Pop, knocks it out of the park!
« on: October 16, 2017, 10:13:21 PM »

Offline liam

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 498

Re: Pop, knocks it out of the park!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 10:25:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 5149
Can't say I disagree with anything Pop said there. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of the Republican platform, but Trump is an embarrassment to not only that political party but this country as a whole. I would rather Bush or Kasich had won and represented the Republicans and this country.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 10:28:23 PM »

Offline cons

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 57
whoa. tell us what you really think dude. 

the thing is - if he doesn't like trump dividing people isn't talk like this just furthering a divide?

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 11:09:10 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334

the thing is - if he doesn't like trump dividing people isn't talk like this just furthering a divide?
No, it is the straight up truth.

A self engrandizing liar and manipulator is running this country.

He has crossed the line so often we don't even react anymore.
It is a pitiful shame and tangible threat to our future.

I welcome Pop's comments and I welcome the end of this travesty.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 11:19:53 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

I agree.

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 11:27:15 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 47
Pops is an idiot.  Trump is doing a great job.  I would take tax reform and a better healthcare system over a few people getting offended. Obama was an awful president. Get over it.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 11:59:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Pop's roots are in the military, the President babbling lies about the treatment of the families of war dead to make excuses for his own lack of attention is absolutely going to set him off. I don't blame him. It's an appalling situation.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 12:55:43 AM »

Offline liam

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 498
Pops is an idiot.  Trump is doing a great job.  I would take tax reform and a better healthcare system over a few people getting offended. Obama was an awful president. Get over it.

When is any of that going to happen? It looks like a tax break for the rich and slashing health care for all is the plan coming from Trump. So far Trump has done nothing but hold up his weird scrawl on some menu looking papers. I would love for Trump to succeed but I'm not seeing it.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 01:02:10 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 35
I hope Trump can unite this country and help the people that cant not seem to help themselves.   I do not want to see any president fail.  Its my country.   Hardest job in the world....   

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 01:13:25 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I hope Trump can unite this country and help the people that cant not seem to help themselves.   I do not want to see any president fail.  Its my country.   Hardest job in the world....
Unfortunately, Trump shows no interest in uniting people. He tries to divide like no president I have seen. Heck, his fanbase voted for him in primaries mostly because he was so offensive and insulting.

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 01:24:34 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 169
Unfortunately, Trump shows no interest in uniting people. He tries to divide like no president I have seen. Heck, his fanbase voted for him in primaries mostly because he was so offensive and insulting.
I think that no elected politician these days is into uniting anyone.  It's all about playing to your base in an effort to stay in power.  Obama was the same way.  He refused to work with Republicans.  If you're a senator or congress person from a state that leans heavily right or left you're not reaching out to 'across the aisle' to anyone.

Sucks but that's where we are as a country right now.

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 01:51:49 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 688
  • Mr. Emoji
I think that no elected politician these days is into uniting anyone.  It's all about playing to your base in an effort to stay in power.  Obama was the same way.  He refused to work with Republicans.  If you're a senator or congress person from a state that leans heavily right or left you're not reaching out to 'across the aisle' to anyone.

Sucks but that's where we are as a country right now.

That's fake news.  In actuality, the Republicans, to a man, right after Obama won for the first time, opted to block anything and everything endorsed by the guy during the duration of his tenure and never even considered the possibility of legitimately working with him on any issue.  Even for the Republican Party, the lockstep "just say no" approach was unbelievably childish, and then they have the gall to act like they made every attempt to compromise with Obama and the Democrats?  Give me a break ::)

I wasn't impressed with the latter, either, btw.  Reid and Pelosi are/were two of the most idiotic and useless Democrats that I've ever seen (and Schumer is awful, as well, imo).  Even when they had the majority to actually get things done, they balked.  The whole thing was disgusting. 

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 11:58:49 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2291
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I cede the remainder of my time to the nice gentlemen from San Antonio.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 985
  • What a Pub Should Be
W & Obama are freakin' saints compared to this bozo in office now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 12:34:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1152

"Not disagreeing with falsehoods as they're being told" is a strange definition of uniting people.
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com