Author Topic: Pop, knocks it out of the park!  (Read 990 times)

Re: Pop, knocks it out of the park!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 12:55:05 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 499
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Pops is an idiot.  Trump is doing a great job.  I would take tax reform and a better healthcare system over a few people getting offended. Obama was an awful president. Get over it.
Like so many republicans, you are misinformed.  Your sources are pulling the wool over your eyes.  History will tell that Trump was the worst president we ever had (not even close, though he admires Andrew Jackson, lol, one of the worst), and that Obama was one of the best.  This will be proven by their records of accomplishment.  So YOU get over it.

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 01:11:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 755
Pops is an idiot.  Trump is doing a great job.  I would take tax reform and a better healthcare system over a few people getting offended. Obama was an awful president. Get over it.
Like so many republicans, you are misinformed.  Your sources are pulling the wool over your eyes.  History will tell that Trump was the worst president we ever had (not even close, though he admires Andrew Jackson, lol, one of the worst), and that Obama was one of the best.  This will be proven by their records of accomplishment.  So YOU get over it.
possible, but people saying that "president X is the best ever and president Y is the worst ever" while we are 1 year removed from 1 guy leaving office and less than 365 days into the other guys term is ****ing ridiculous.

President's will be judged on their long term impact (I hope) and neither guy has been able to have any yet.

You used nicer words and talked about records and facts, but you didnt present any. Your opinion, that Trump sucks and Obama is awesome, is no more valid than his.

To address Pop's comments: I agree. Trump's comments are pathetic. I wont go so far as to make a psychological evaluation deeming Trump "a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others...unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office" but this bit, "to lie about how previous presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers is as low as it gets" I agree with.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 01:14:57 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 868

I'd love to hear your take on how the Republicans approach or Trump's executive order makes healthcare more affordable, accessible, and of higher quality for the average American. 

There's a plethora of non-partisan information that shows quite the opposite.  In fact, what little is left of healthcare in rural America would have been decimated, hurting Trump's base the most.  It's amazing how blind some of these people are.

I'm not a fan of Obama, but Trump and this administration have done a terrible job.  I highly doubt tax reform gets done.

Broussard: "Did you call bank?"
Pierce: "I called game."

- Paul Pierce on his game-winning buzzer beater, game 3 EC Semi-finals against the Atlanta Hawks

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 01:28:37 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 499
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
possible, but people saying that "president X is the best ever and president Y is the worst ever" while we are 1 year removed from 1 guy leaving office and less than 365 days into the other guys term is ****ing ridiculous.

President's will be judged on their long term impact (I hope) and neither guy has been able to have any yet.

You used nicer words and talked about records and facts, but you didnt present any. Your opinion, that Trump sucks and Obama is awesome, is no more valid than his.

To address Pop's comments: I agree. Trump's comments are pathetic. I wont go so far as to make a psychological evaluation deeming Trump "a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others...unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office" but this bit, "to lie about how previous presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers is as low as it gets" I agree with.
Maybe no more valid as presented, but I am not going to list all of the Obama accomplishments just so you don't have to do the research.  They are out there in terms of health care (obviously), investment in the auto industry and the resulting economic boom (not entirely due to propping up Detroit), dream act, etc.  Don't act like you are not aware, unless you are in which case we don't have a discussion.

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2017, 01:42:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 755

Maybe no more valid as presented, but I am not going to list all of the Obama accomplishments just so you don't have to do the research.  They are out there in terms of health care (obviously), investment in the auto industry and the resulting economic boom (not entirely due to propping up Detroit), dream act, etc.  Don't act like you are not aware, unless you are in which case we don't have a discussion.
thats the thing.

Trump looks well on his way to neutering healthcare AND daca. Those are too have his biggest accomplishments. The economy has continued to boom since Trumps election and after his 8 years in office his party lost the presidency and failed to win the house or senate and this is after he declared those very elections a referendum on his legacy. Furthermore, despite being hailed as a great hope for racial equality and progress, he leaves office in a time where hatred and division are higher than they were when he came into office and black America has continued to regress in inner-city environments like Chicago.

Now, like I said, his legacy isnt formed yet. Maybe Trump doesnt destroy Daca and maybe the ACA somehow survives a Trump presidency and both acts go on to be very successful. Maybe from this turmoil, tremendous racial progress is made and eventually linked back to an Obama presidency (not outside the realm of possibility, we have seen in the past that progress is often initially met with hatred and fury), and maybe Obama's foreign policy decisions do not end up having substantial negative implications.

Really its an open book. Trump seems to be traveling through Obama's presidency destroying everything he did. If he is able to do this, then Obama wont be looked at as one of the best presidents ever. If he is unable to do it, then we must wait and look at the long term effects of Obama's policies before we declare him "one of the best".

oof, sorry for distracting from this thread. Wont post any more off-topic novel's in here. Just a pet peeve of mine when people declare one president the best or worst ever when we really have no idea what their legacies are.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:52:24 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 09:06:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 8763
Trump hasn't accomplished anything except disgusting everyone but his hardcore base. 

I'll regret asking this but I'm sadly curious:
- what has he done, and I mean an actual accomplishment, that's "great" from your viewpoint?  of course if he's really done a "great" job so far, there should be several examples that could be provided.

- what tax reform do you think he's trying to enact?  I haven't seen any details of his proposal and to the best of my knowledge, no real details have been sent out.  He's never released his tax forms so there's no way anyone should be able to trust that any 'reform' he proposes isn't designed to help him significantly.

- what's your idea of a "better" healthcare system?  no insurance for tens of millions of Americans?  Insurers able to go back to discriminating against people with pre-existing conditions?  Ending of subsidies for millions of low income people so that they can't afford to buy coverage thanks to a shrinking risk pool of healthy people likely opting out of insurance thereby driving up premiums?  Allowing the healthy people to opt of of insurance completely until they become sick and then request financial assistance to pay for the health care bills they rack up?  OR are you looking for a single payer system for everyone like Medicare/Medicaid?  (this last one would seem unlikely if you're backing Trump since he's pushed for anything but this).   Obamacare needs real improvements but what exactly are the ones being proposed here?

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 09:32:44 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Its scary how Trump is deceiving his supports..

What has he done? literally nothing..

Takes credit for employment % even though its practically the same as Obama's last 6 months.
Now even though jobs are opening up no one wants them because wages are not increasing..
Tax reform no one wants to touch.. Not good for middle class..
Health care even republicans don't want to touch ..
Did almost nothing in disaster relief..
Environment ... haha don't even get me started
Mexico laughs at his wall..
Spends most of his public forum on boycotting the NFL (hmm denied Bills ownership, lost $$$$ in USFL)

So why are people still diehard supporters?
MANIPULATION
a true sign of dictatorship ***