Author Topic: What does Danny Ainge and Kyle MacDonald have in common?  (Read 916 times)

What does Danny Ainge and Kyle MacDonald have in common?
« on: October 16, 2017, 04:28:00 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I am not sure if many remember Canadian blogger Kyle MacDonald, he's the guy who bartered his way from a single red paperclip to a house in a series of trades over the course of a year. Ainge in the 2013-14 NBA season traded a soon to be 36 y.o Paul Pierce, 37 Kevin Garnett and a recently torn ACL Rajon Rondo and with one trade after another has slowly turned that into Kyrie Irving, Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum. Some may say he has wasted the Celtics assets on Irving but you have to remember that in essence, Danny started with 3 NBA 'paper clips'.

Re: What does Danny Ainge and Kyle MacDonald have in common?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 06:16:55 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I am not sure if many remember Canadian blogger Kyle MacDonald, he's the guy who bartered his way from a single red paperclip to a house in a series of trades over the course of a year. Ainge in the 2013-14 NBA season traded a soon to be 36 y.o Paul Pierce, 37 Kevin Garnett and a recently torn ACL Rajon Rondo and with one trade after another has slowly turned that into Kyrie Irving, Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum. Some may say he has wasted the Celtics assets on Irving but you have to remember that in essence, Danny started with 3 NBA 'paper clips'.

Well now I'd really like to see the paper clip to house trades.   

I have lots of paper clips.

Re: What does Danny Ainge and Kyle MacDonald have in common?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 07:31:33 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Well now I'd really like to see the paper clip to house trades.   

I have lots of paper clips.

He goes over every trade in a Ted Talk. It's actually really cool

https://youtu.be/8s3bdVxuFBs
#JKJB