Author Topic: Should Celtics not be worried about Bucks, Wizards and Raptors before Cavs?  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Boston is pretty clearly the 2nd best team in the East this season, but if the Bucks progress like they should, I think everyone should fear them in the playoffs.
why should the bucks progress? Their pieces don't fit together. Brogdon and Greek freak are ok but parker doesn't play well with them
Giannis is 22 and entering year 5 and having made massive jumps in every single season.  Maker is 20.  Brogdon is in year 2.  Even Middleton who has seemingly been around for ever just turned 26.  Monroe, Henson, and Delly are all still just 27.  And then you have 22 year old Parker who is out till February. 

At the end of the day it will come down to Giannis, but that man is called the Greek Freak for a reason.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I think we are the second best team in the EC, but the difference isn't so big that I would be surprised if we lost to TOR or WAS in second round. We struggled last year against Toronto in the regular season. I mean we were down 0-2 to the bulls, and needed 30 points of KO to beat the wizards. That being said we should be focused on Cleveland, they are the next logical challenge.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I think we are the second best team in the EC, but the difference isn't so big that I would be surprised if we lost to TOR or WAS in second round. We struggled last year against Toronto in the regular season. I mean we were down 0-2 to the bulls, and needed 30 points of KO to beat the wizards. That being said we should be focused on Cleveland, they are the next logical challenge.

We are a totally different team from last year though. Those results have no meaning going forward. We have only 4 players back from last years team, and only 1 starter, only 2 rotation players from last years team are back (Horford and Smart).

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

We are a totally different team from last year though. Those results have no meaning going forward. We have only 4 players back from last years team, and only 1 starter, only 2 rotation players from last years team are back (Horford and Smart).

This is true. My point was that although we made the ECF, we just as easily could have lost to ten bulls, raptors or wizards if one or two things break differently. We have improved, but is safe to ask how much. We swapped out Thomas for Irving which is a slight gain (much better long term potential). Hayward is a huge upgrade but we lost our best perimeter defenders in Crowder and Bradley. I love Brown and Tatum but young guys in their first couple of years don't normally contribute that much to winning. We may have more talent, but again we could lose to both Toronto or Washington in the playoffs this year. I would bet on the cletics, but its not impossible.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bucks some yes, Wizards not really, Raptors no.

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
id be worried about the wizards
Greg

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
id be worried about the wizards
I agree.  I think they are a team that gets glossed over a little too quickly.  They have a very good starting five, a lot of continuity from LY, and still have key guys who are pretty young and can improve (Beal, Porter Jr., Oubre).  I think they'll break the 50 win mark this year, and could push the Celtics and Cavs.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
yeah, we should be worried about the Bucks.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Should be worried about everyone now lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)