Author Topic: Brown is the best player from the 2016 draft  (Read 6011 times)

Re: Brown is the best player from the 2016 draft
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 04:27:46 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
You guys are really underrating Thon Maker, Taurean Prince, Caris LeVert, Skal Labissiere, and Dejounte Murray, to name a few, imo.

As for Brown, while I do like his post game, he really looks like an athlete still learning how to play basketball, to me, especially in terms of ball handling.  He kind of reminds me of Bradley in that regard as dribbling seems to slow him down, if that makes any sense.

I'm also not willing to give up on Kris Dunn and I never saw it with Ingram, like at all.

TP i share your views on foul shooting it is so critical down the stretch and so disruptive to a teams game plan in 4th quarter. Add the inability to hit from outside.
I watched a breakdown of how and why scouts missed on Jaylen-it showed tape of his elite handles as well as shooting at high school level .His freshman season similar to Myles Turners second year influenced scouts as it was not standout.
There was tape of tournament games with Jaylen vs Simmons-with JAYLEN walking away with trophy.
Jaylen is still 20 with playoff experience and a big game against Lebron during rookie regular season..
There is a different kind of willingness to Tatum, as he is now being praised for how quickly he picks up defense .This is the advantage of playing with Marcus,Rozier and Jaylen
NO EXCUSES_LIKE I'M TOO YOUNG

Got a link?

I feel good about Brown becoming a 15 point, 5 reb, 2-3 ast, 1 blk, 1 stl type guy.  A really nice two way player with a little bit of playmaking thrown in.  Closest comp -- Andre Iguodala in Denver.

Forgive me, but this comparison makes absolutely no sense, imo.  Brown and Iguodala aren't even remotely similar as players.

I remember in 1983, when everyone thought Ralph Sampson, Byron Scott, Derek Harper and Clyde Drexler were all better than Greg Kite. Well guess what? Greg Kite put all those doubters to shame. Just like Brown will.

Lol, TP :laugh:.

The verdict is still yet to come as to who will be the best player in this class. Still a lot of unknowns. If Brown can be a two way player in the mold of Jimmy Butler, then, yes, I can see where he could be this drafts best player. I haven't seen any other player that looks like they can play defense. So I will wait a couple more years to pick my best player, but Brown definitely has potential to be.

Really - not one? ::) Kris Dunn, Thon Maker, Taurean Prince, Caris LeVert, Patrick "Not Feathers" McCaw :laugh: and Malcolm Brogdon, among others, can't play defense?  Seriously?

Here is the Link LA

https://youtu.be/P3F80d-3PRA

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2017, 09:03:39 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
One thing that I have learned with the Celtics picking towards the top of the draft, is to trust Danny and ignore the so called draft experts. I remember watching those preseason games against Philadelphia recently and feeling bad for Simmons and Fultz. Simmons may be one of the worst shooters that I have ever seen, which seems almost impossible coming from a consensus number 1 pick that isn't a center. I joined celticsblog because I wanted to ask why everyone was so infatuated with Fultz, because I didn't think he was worthy of being a lottery pick, never mind an overall #1 pick. That "Fultz" trade to Philadelphia looks like a heist already for Danny.

I find it funny how there were draft prospects refusing to workout for the Celtics because they wanted to start and get playing time. The Celtics opening lineup to start the season tonight includes 3 all stars and the #3 pick from last years draft (Brown) and the #3 pick from this past draft (Tatum). And the Celtics are still a top 2 favorite to win the conference.

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2017, 10:23:05 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
One thing that I have learned with the Celtics picking towards the top of the draft, is to trust Danny and ignore the so called draft experts. I remember watching those preseason games against Philadelphia recently and feeling bad for Simmons and Fultz. Simmons may be one of the worst shooters that I have ever seen, which seems almost impossible coming from a consensus number 1 pick that isn't a center. I joined celticsblog because I wanted to ask why everyone was so infatuated with Fultz, because I didn't think he was worthy of being a lottery pick, never mind an overall #1 pick. That "Fultz" trade to Philadelphia looks like a heist already for Danny.

I find it funny how there were draft prospects refusing to workout for the Celtics because they wanted to start and get playing time. The Celtics opening lineup to start the season tonight includes 3 all stars and the #3 pick from last years draft (Brown) and the #3 pick from this past draft (Tatum). And the Celtics are still a top 2 favorite to win the conference.

I love this post. TP!
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2017, 10:44:29 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Brown could easily be called our best player in the Cleveland game.  Hopefully he gains confidence from this and continues to grow.  We are going to need him and Tatum to step up in the absence of Hayward as the season progresses.  This team's core is going to be a lot younger than we thought, a lot sooner!

Also Marcus Smart was a beast defensively.  If only he could develop an average shooting stroke and he would be an amazing player.  5/16 shooting was p--- poor but at times we couldn't afford NOT to have him on the floor!  We might have to think hard about extending him soon.

I'm optimistic about how our team fought to stay in the Cleveland game, and I'm more bullish on Brown's future than ever before.

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2017, 10:48:48 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Brown could easily be called our best player in the Cleveland game.  Hopefully he gains confidence from this and continues to grow.  We are going to need him and Tatum to step up in the absence of Hayward as the season progresses.  This team's core is going to be a lot younger than we thought, a lot sooner!

Also Marcus Smart was a beast defensively.  If only he could develop an average shooting stroke and he would be an amazing player.  5/16 shooting was p--- poor but at times we couldn't afford NOT to have him on the floor!  We might have to think hard about extending him soon.

I'm optimistic about how our team fought to stay in the Cleveland game, and I'm more bullish on Brown's future than ever before.

He definitely struggled offensively in the 1st half but in the 3rd it was his work in the post that brought us back in the game..

Great game by a lot of young guys tonight..  He included.