Author Topic: Morris likely to miss the 1st week of the season  (Read 3763 times)

Re: Morris likely to miss the 1st week of the season
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 08:17:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Sounds like typical Celtics injury reporting B.S.  Be "reevaluated after a week or two"??? That's some "knee soreness"!  He's unhappy with his role?  C's are unhappy with him? Both? Nobody misses two weeks after a couple of practices and a few minutes in a preseason game because they're sore, unless there's an underlying statement to be made by someone!  More to follow, me thinks.
aside from thin air, where did you get these thoughts from?  ::)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2017, 08:23:51 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Sounds like typical Celtics injury reporting B.S.  Be "reevaluated after a week or two"??? That's some "knee soreness"!  He's unhappy with his role?  C's are unhappy with him? Both? Nobody misses two weeks after a couple of practices and a few minutes in a preseason game because they're sore, unless there's an underlying statement to be made by someone!  More to follow, me thinks.

More like, he doesn't have his conditioning yet AND also hasn't learned our sets. 

He'll benefit dually from sitting, get his legs back + watch / learn.

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 08:36:03 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Yeah, if there’s a pattern to Celtics injury reports, it’s that the team always underestimates how long it’s going to take the player to come back. And this is with players they definitely want on the floor.  I am worried that he will be gone three or four or five weeks.

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 08:39:31 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

More like, he doesn't have his conditioning yet AND also hasn't learned our sets. 

That's my thought as well.  He would be playing through this if it was the playoffs, or if he had already played a few preseason games and was familiar with the team, but why play a guy that isn't 100% and isn't familiar with the system/his teammates? It only makes sense to do so if he's a significant upgrade over the people that will get his minutes, but I don't think that's the case.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 08:58:13 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

That's my thought as well.  He would be playing through this if it was the playoffs, or if he had already played a few preseason games and was familiar with the team, but why play a guy that isn't 100% and isn't familiar with the system/his teammates? It only makes sense to do so if he's a significant upgrade over the people that will get his minutes, but I don't think that's the case.

He said last week he was 7 lbs over weight, he hasen't had enough time to get that end of preseason shaping up with the trial. The soreness may be part of the over weight and trying to get into game shape too fast.

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 09:01:20 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Sounds like typical Celtics injury reporting B.S.  Be "reevaluated after a week or two"??? That's some "knee soreness"!  He's unhappy with his role?  C's are unhappy with him? Both?  Nobody misses two weeks after a couple of practices and a few minutes in a preseason game because they're sore, unless there's an underlying statement to be made by someone!  More to follow, me thinks.

Isn't this what happened with LeBron? Injuries happen.

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 09:53:32 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I get that Morris might not have had the opportunity to learn all of the Cs sets, but why hasn't he been able to stay in shape? It's not like he's been locked up in a jail cell all summer. Not that I want it to really be 'sore knees', but at least that isn't effort related.

And are we all sure Tatum wouldn't have started anyway? Ainge and Stevens seem much more excited about him than Brown last year. Maybe he really is the player they have always wanted.

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 09:59:18 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Tatum is likely starting on opening night, along with Kyrie, Hayward, Horford, and Brown:

https://twitter.com/byjayking/status/919653295609794562

Yeah -- not exactly a Wally Pipp moment, but Tatum does have the opportunity to not lose the starting job.  Hope he makes the most of it.

I'm wildly excited to see the Irving-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford lineup right off the bat. Beyond my wildest expectations to see it so soon. And the chance that it might never change all year. I'm literally shaking with enthusiasm lol.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 08:16:51 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55

What I'm saying is why make up an "injury, ie. sore knees" and say you're going to reevaluate him in a couple weeks, at all?  You play him small minutes off the bench and get him slowly into shape and familiar with the system(though Morris denied this not long after reporting, saying the system was very easy and he had no trouble at all picking it up!).  He's NOT going to get in shape or learn the system by not playing or practicing.  So why the story?  You be truthful with media and fans and say we're working him back slowly while he gets back into game shape, and people will understand.