Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Game #10/17/17  (Read 66461 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Game #10/17/17
« Reply #795 on: October 17, 2017, 10:51:57 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Rapid thoughts on the game.

They look good when they push the pace on offense.
Team defense needs a lot of work.
Too many back door plays given up.
Some lazy on ball defense allowed easy setup of mismatches.
Larkin shouldn't have seen the floor.
We needed more Baynes at the end and less Horford.
Tatum and Smart had bad first half's good seconds halfs.
Brown is a force on the break.
Rozier was up and down but great energy.

« Reply #796 on: October 17, 2017, 10:52:07 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Still very sad. Near tears.  I hope I can move on. Because I think this team is gonna be special still.  p---es me off it happened against these mfn Cavs

« Reply #797 on: October 17, 2017, 10:52:26 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Lebrin still the greatest.  What can you do?
You can choose not to guard him with a clearly gassed Jaylen Brown who clearly had nothing to give in the end of the 4th.

Nah, too tough for Brad to recognize.
cant resist the jab could you koz. it does get old.
It would be very easy to resist the jab if Brad was actually able to see the obvious.

What's obvious? Your hatred for Brad? Even my pet cat sees that.
Your pet cat must enjoy bad basketball. I don't.

My cat doesnt know basketball. Doesnt mean your bias doesnt doesnt show through.

« Reply #798 on: October 17, 2017, 10:52:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Wow, Tatum went for 14, 10, and 3 tonight. He might legitimately start on an ECF-bound team as a rookie. That's crazy.

I think once Morris comes back and we have more time to develop chemistry we'll  still be a formidable team. A lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Morris, Tatum, and Horford is still incredibly dynamic, athletic, and long. We need to really kick up the tempo and muck up the game, though.
The lineup will be alright. I don't mind Brown and Tatum getting all the minutes they can handle, a lot of talent there.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #799 on: October 17, 2017, 10:53:22 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Wow, Tatum went for 14, 10, and 3 tonight. He might legitimately start on an ECF-bound team as a rookie. That's crazy.

I think once Morris comes back and we have more time to develop chemistry we'll  still be a formidable team. A lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Morris, Tatum, and Horford is still incredibly dynamic, athletic, and long. We need to really kick up the tempo and muck up the game, though.
that could be a very good starting line up. i expect inconsistency from tatum since he is a rookie. but i expect some great games from him as well.

the key for the celtics playoffs will be hayward. just how bad is the injury? does he have any chance of coming back late in the season? playoffs are sometime in april, right? that gives him just over 5 months to heal and recover.

that is asking a lot, but stranger things have happened.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #800 on: October 17, 2017, 10:53:59 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
You can choose not to guard him with a clearly gassed Jaylen Brown who clearly had nothing to give in the end of the 4th.

cant resist the jab could you koz. it does get old.
It would be very easy to resist the jab if Brad was actually able to see the obvious.

What's obvious? Your hatred for Brad? Even my pet cat sees that.
Your pet cat must enjoy bad basketball. I don't.

My cat doesnt know basketball. Doesnt mean your bias doesnt doesnt show through.
on my god!!!!!!!! a cat fight!!!!!!!  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #801 on: October 17, 2017, 10:54:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

with or without Hayward, we had very high expectations of tatum delivering for a winning team. Game 1 he was one of the top 5 players on either team. Very impressive showing

« Reply #802 on: October 17, 2017, 10:55:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Yeah, I wish we could muster a defense to actually stop him.  But that defense doesn't exist for any team.  Dudes one of the greatest of all time for a reason.  You can't double him because it will be worse.  Just have to hope he misses.
Don't need to shut him down, but Brown was losing him on every play. Just put someone in who has the legs to at least try to challenge him rather than giving him wide open layups.
First game of the season.  He's jaylens man so play it straight up and see what happens.  Smart might have done better but he's too small.
Maybe, but you needed at most half a quarter, and at least a couple of possessions to throw him off his rhythm. He was already scoring at will so it's not like it would have gotten any worse.
We know the outcome so obviously anyhtung different MIGHT have yielded a better result.  Couldn't be worse.  But we should go all playground in the first game of the season.  We lost; he's great; we'll live to fight another day.
Brown played 39 minutes. I guess after they let Eddie Lacerte go, they are still figuring out who will keep the minute count on the bench.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #803 on: October 17, 2017, 10:57:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I wonder if the plan is to fill in Haywards slot with Morris going forward, or if we will do that smart lineup

« Reply #804 on: October 17, 2017, 10:58:47 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Yeah, I wish we could muster a defense to actually stop him.  But that defense doesn't exist for any team.  Dudes one of the greatest of all time for a reason.  You can't double him because it will be worse.  Just have to hope he misses.
Don't need to shut him down, but Brown was losing him on every play. Just put someone in who has the legs to at least try to challenge him rather than giving him wide open layups.
First game of the season.  He's jaylens man so play it straight up and see what happens.  Smart might have done better but he's too small.
Maybe, but you needed at most half a quarter, and at least a couple of possessions to throw him off his rhythm. He was already scoring at will so it's not like it would have gotten any worse.
We know the outcome so obviously anyhtung different MIGHT have yielded a better result.  Couldn't be worse.  But we should go all playground in the first game of the season.  We lost; he's great; we'll live to fight another day.
Brown played 39 minutes. I guess after they let Eddie Lacerte go, they are still figuring out who will keep the minute count on the bench.
Lebron played 41 minutes.

« Reply #805 on: October 17, 2017, 10:59:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I wonder if the plan is to fill in Haywards slot with Morris?
It better be.

« Reply #806 on: October 17, 2017, 10:59:34 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Yeah, Brown is just like LeBron, except not really.

« Reply #807 on: October 18, 2017, 12:04:01 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Yeah, Brown is just like LeBron, except not really.
Which is the problem right?  Lebron is Lebron and he beat us.  Happens all the time and while we can lament about this or that, in the end the better man won tonight.  No need to overthink it or overreact.

« Reply #808 on: October 18, 2017, 12:11:34 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
No need to overthink it or overreact.
The verb you're looking for in this particular case is "to coach". Brad S, as usual, shows that he has no feel of the pulse of the game. It's not like we haven't seen this before.

« Reply #809 on: October 18, 2017, 12:23:08 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
No need to overthink it or overreact.
The verb you're looking for in this particular case is "to coach". Brad S, as usual, shows that he has no feel of the pulse of the game. It's not like we haven't seen this before.
You can overreact as a coach too.  Hey, coaches are fine and all but the NBA is a players game.  You think Lue outcoached BS?  Of course not.  Lue won because he has lebron.