Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Game #10/17/17  (Read 66466 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Game #10/17/17
« Reply #780 on: October 17, 2017, 10:43:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://twitter.com/trenni/status/920478684653522944

Trenni Kusnierek‏ @trenni

Mike Gorman says on @NBCSBoston early indication is that Hayward’s fracture is clean. No ligament or blood vessel damage. #Celtics

« Reply #781 on: October 17, 2017, 10:43:10 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Lebrin still the greatest.  What can you do?
You can choose not to guard him with a clearly gassed Jaylen Brown who clearly had nothing to give in the end of the 4th.

Nah, too tough for Brad to recognize.
cant resist the jab could you koz. it does get old.
It would be very easy to resist the jab if Brad was actually able to see the obvious.

What's obvious? Your hatred for Brad? Even my pet cat sees that.

« Reply #782 on: October 17, 2017, 10:43:11 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I hope all you experts that thought the Cavs were a lock to win the east can now see that Celtics should have been favorites.

Lebron jock riders will just downplay this and will say that is the closest we can get.

« Reply #783 on: October 17, 2017, 10:43:22 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Brown is the future

« Reply #784 on: October 17, 2017, 10:44:26 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Mike Gorman says on @NBCSBoston early indication is that Hayward’s fracture is clean. No ligament or blood vessel damage. #Celtics

Oh man, this would be so wonderful. Hopefully it's a "looks worse than it was" kind of thing.

« Reply #785 on: October 17, 2017, 10:44:40 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
You can choose not to guard him with a clearly gassed Jaylen Brown who clearly had nothing to give in the end of the 4th.

Yeah, I wish we could muster a defense to actually stop him.  But that defense doesn't exist for any team.  Dudes one of the greatest of all time for a reason.  You can't double him because it will be worse.  Just have to hope he misses.
Don't need to shut him down, but Brown was losing him on every play. Just put someone in who has the legs to at least try to challenge him rather than giving him wide open layups.
First game of the season.  He's jaylens man so play it straight up and see what happens.  Smart might have done better but he's too small. 

« Reply #786 on: October 17, 2017, 10:44:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

cant resist the jab could you koz. it does get old.
It would be very easy to resist the jab if Brad was actually able to see the obvious.

What's obvious? Your hatred for Brad? Even my pet cat sees that.
Your pet cat must enjoy bad basketball. I don't.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #787 on: October 17, 2017, 10:45:24 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Brown is the future
he was good tonight. i was impressed. but by the end of the season i think tatum will be even better. that is a good thing.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #788 on: October 17, 2017, 10:45:50 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Kyrie passed well late. Really excited about Brown and Tatum. Most importantly, hope Hayward’s doing okay.
Yep, he had 10 assists. I was worried when the team was down he'd hijack the offense, but the team organically got into a flow and came back. Very pleased with him and the young guys. I didn't even have an issue with Rozier.

« Reply #789 on: October 17, 2017, 10:46:21 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Yeah, I wish we could muster a defense to actually stop him.  But that defense doesn't exist for any team.  Dudes one of the greatest of all time for a reason.  You can't double him because it will be worse.  Just have to hope he misses.
Don't need to shut him down, but Brown was losing him on every play. Just put someone in who has the legs to at least try to challenge him rather than giving him wide open layups.
First game of the season.  He's jaylens man so play it straight up and see what happens.  Smart might have done better but he's too small.
Maybe, but you needed at most half a quarter, and at least a couple of possessions to throw him off his rhythm. He was already scoring at will so it's not like it would have gotten any worse.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #790 on: October 17, 2017, 10:46:22 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Oh man, this would be so wonderful. Hopefully it's a "looks worse than it was" kind of thing.
Yeah, I'm no doctor but my worry was ligaments.  If that's not part of it, then may be he has a shot to come back.  One can dream.

« Reply #791 on: October 17, 2017, 10:48:17 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Cavs are old......they will break down as the season goes on.  IT is not going to save them.

This^

The Cavs showed me little, the entire team is still LBJ.

By the end of the season after 82 games they'll be an old looking team.
I'm liking the c's in a series by end of year.  Wade will be broke down, rose is a sieve on defense and will probably be hobbled.  Cavs defense looks suspect
Isaiah Thomas
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #792 on: October 17, 2017, 10:49:13 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Maybe, but you needed at most half a quarter, and at least a couple of possessions to throw him off his rhythm. He was already scoring at will so it's not like it would have gotten any worse.
We know the outcome so obviously anyhtung different MIGHT have yielded a better result.  Couldn't be worse.  But we should go all playground in the first game of the season.  We lost; he's great; we'll live to fight another day.

« Reply #793 on: October 17, 2017, 10:49:32 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Wow, Tatum went for 14, 10, and 3 tonight. He might legitimately start on an ECF-bound team as a rookie. That's crazy.

I think once Morris comes back and we have more time to develop chemistry we'll  still be a formidable team. A lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Morris, Tatum, and Horford is still incredibly dynamic, athletic, and long. We need to really kick up the tempo and muck up the game, though.

« Reply #794 on: October 17, 2017, 10:50:58 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Kyrie passed well late. Really excited about Brown and Tatum. Most importantly, hope Hayward’s doing okay.
Yep, he had 10 assists. I was worried when the team was down he'd hijack the offense, but the team organically got into a flow and came back. Very pleased with him and the young guys. I didn't even have an issue with Rozier.

Kyrie also throws a nice lob and over the top pass, which the size of the Celtics and their offense can take advantage of.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford