Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Game #10/17/17  (Read 66133 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Game #10/17/17
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2017, 12:55:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Hard to focus at work - so excited for tonight's game. Go Celtics!!

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Game #1 7/17/17
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2017, 01:11:42 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Starting the journey over tomorrow. Combined 20+ hours of flying time but it'll be worth it in the end. Come on Celtics!  ;D

Are you flying to the game?

Yes just got to Cleveland last night. Flew Adelaide --> Sydney --> Dallas --> Cleveland. My ears aren't feeling great right now but as long as the Celtics win I don't care.

Hoping Aron Baynes is able to play.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2017, 01:17:30 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Starting the journey over tomorrow. Combined 20+ hours of flying time but it'll be worth it in the end. Come on Celtics!  ;D

Yes just got to Cleveland last night. Flew Adelaide --> Sydney --> Dallas --> Cleveland. My ears aren't feeling great right now but as long as the Celtics win I don't care.

team will need Baynes tonight.

Thompson and Love are beasts on the boards and Lebron is unstoppable when theres no one to bother him in the paint and at the rim.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2017, 01:21:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Thompson and Love are beasts on the boards and Lebron is unstoppable when theres no one to bother him in the paint and at the rim.

I agree with that. I do think they'll have Baynes' minutes mirror Thompson's to neutralize his offensive rebounding. I don't think we'll have him cover Love at all, though. I'm not confident in Baynes defending out to 3pt line even if he were 100% healthy.

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2017, 01:24:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

I agree with that. I do think they'll have Baynes' minutes mirror Thompson's to neutralize his offensive rebounding. I don't think we'll have him cover Love at all, though. I'm not confident in Baynes defending out to 3pt line even if he were 100% healthy.
yeah he would be doomed covering Love. Completely agree.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2017, 01:33:38 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Does any one bloody care about this game ?

;D

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2017, 01:39:52 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

The Love situation is a bit concerning. I think Theis' length and mobility could be effective against him.

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2017, 01:53:49 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

The Love situation is a bit concerning. I think Theis' length and mobility could be effective against him.
yeah, Theiss's body/athleticism seems to matchup best there, but Im still not ready to trust Theis against NBA players, let alone studs like Kevin Love.

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2017, 02:58:21 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Also from Clevis Murray's twitter feed: "The NBA has announced teams are "prohibited" from resting healthy players for "any high-profile, nationally televised game."".

So what is the NBA going to do when a player "tweaks an ankle" in the first possesion of a late regular season game? What a wad of nonsense.

They’ll figure it out.  It really started to get out of hand last year.  Also, they have inserted the caveat of “high-profile” — if it’s a late season game that has limited playoff implications, is that really “high-profile” even if nationally televised?
Let's not kid ourselves. IT would be "high-profile" even if it's the Cavs playing the Miami Heat or the Chicago Bulls. "High profile" is really shorthand for "our best players should be on national TV as often as humanly possible".

On the balance, this thing is completely unenforceable. If Durant plays 15 minutes instead of his usual 35, is he being "rested"?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2017, 03:00:39 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Also from Clevis Murray's twitter feed: "The NBA has announced teams are "prohibited" from resting healthy players for "any high-profile, nationally televised game."".

So what is the NBA going to do when a player "tweaks an ankle" in the first possesion of a late regular season game? What a wad of nonsense.

They’ll figure it out.  It really started to get out of hand last year.  Also, they have inserted the caveat of “high-profile” — if it’s a late season game that has limited playoff implications, is that really “high-profile” even if nationally televised?
Let's not kid ourselves. IT would be "high-profile" even if it's the Cavs playing the Miami Heat or the Chicago Bulls. "High profile" is really shorthand for "our best players should be on national TV as often as humanly possible".

On the balance, this thing is completely unenforceable. If Durant plays 15 minutes instead of his usual 35, is he being "rested"?

i think so, or what if the other team is being blown out by 25+ pts, starters tend to sit in those games, say a team like GSW build up a 20+ lead in the first half, and get rested in the 2nd?

« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2017, 03:32:37 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102

EXACTLY. I kKeep reading articles and watching video clips.

Jayson Tatum is going to be a HUGE star. I cannot wait. Watch him outshine them all!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2017, 03:36:43 PM »

Online ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

Jayson Tatum is going to be a HUGE star. I cannot wait. Watch him outshine them all!!!!!

I took a sick day!
ok fine

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2017, 03:54:25 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

I took a sick day!

I can nott do that ...

me wife says I'm sick .....least in me head everyday.

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2017, 04:01:55 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Should be easy just sag off wade when he's at the perimeter

Terrible idea. Last year we lost our first match in the season against Chicago and Wade shot 4 out 6 from outside.

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2017, 04:35:51 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Sure wish Marcus Morris could play.  Mainly for his defense against the entitled one.